Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA
Unfortunately, in a way it does. Smokey Joe explained that the bot is randomly selecting several times....and the closest post to the chosen times are winners. So the more often you post, the greater your chances are to being close to one of those chosen times. Unfortunately, that rewards the prolific posters. If you look at a 24 hour period, and you have a person post once during that 24 hour period, he has one chance to being the closest poster. If you have another person who posts once every minute during that same 24 hour period (1,440 times), he has than many chances of being the closest poster.
Also makes it extremely hard to keep up with posts of substance hidden throughout the thread, though if I'm looking for substance threads than the giveaways prooobably are not the best place to be lol.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Let's be honest win don't win it's a contest you didn't have it before so won't miss it if you don't win one just enjoy the few days of hoping and wondering and move on at the end of the week. If number of posts are a means to winning then some are luckier then other's bit like life in general and you can always buy one it's what I'll be doing in about a month :).

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
full-of-win.jpg

Midnightalaskan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
Folsom, CA
Wow strange way to do the quick draw winners. Unfortunate for people at work or anyone who can't spam the thread all day.

SmokeyJoe also said that way of determining the winners may change and they are looking into new ways of picking people as winners.

I never thought the more I post the more chances I could win. I'm just a bored individual that loves kicking it on here for the time being. I can't help but post when we are all conversing or being whacky.

I'm sure that some people will win and only have 1-2 posts (as already seen)

It's a chance game, no need to grumble over the chance to win free gear.

That's just disrespectful to ECF and SMOKTECH.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
I find that if I go with him to Harbor Freight and act interested in tools, he's more pleasant when I want to go to Microcenter and look at PC stuff. :D And actually there is some cool stuff in those places -- I love painting stuff, and dayum have they got some painting supplies! :D

Andria
That's funny ...I like harbor freight too ...lots of aisles to get lost in.. Today we were at lowes and looking at porch furniture at different places.. Nobody has anything decent left!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Let's be honest win don't win it's a contest you didn't have it before so won't miss it if you don't win one just enjoy the few days of hoping and wondering and move on at the end of the week. If number of posts are a means to winning then some are luckier then other's bit like life in general and you can always buy one it's what I'll be doing in about a month :).

Yep! I didn't win a CF4 in the 15mil post contest... so I bought one! Entirely worth it, I like it so much, I now have 2 more. :D

Andria

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Also makes it extremely hard to keep up with posts of substance hidden throughout the thread, though if I'm looking for substance threads than the giveaways prooobably are not the best place to be lol.
image.jpg

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
SmokeyJoe also said that way of determining the winners may change and they are looking into new ways of picking people as winners.

I never thought the more I post the more chances I could win. I'm just a bored individual that loves kicking it on here for the time being. I can't help but post when we are all conversing or being whacky.

Did Smokey Joe say that in this thread....darn ..I knew I missed important stuff!!

LoLoThatIsMe123

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2015
Don't know about the totals in emails as the only one I've received is when I entered. If you go to that entry link it should show your total.
Well hmmmmm.... That one worked!!!! Congratulations. See you helped me and you win. Look at you. Awwwww.

Rednaxela1987

Jul 15, 2015
Olympia, WA

Your right, and I know that just as many people will win quick draws that only post a few times as those who were among top posters.

I didn't mean to sound grumble or disrespectful, I truly enjoy this thread and others.like it with conversations that can go in any direction at any time.

Guess I was just frustrated trying to catch up on so many pages lol I want to hear everything you all say!

Midnightalaskan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
Folsom, CA
Did Smokey Joe say that in this thread....darn ..I knew I missed important stuff!!

Yah, it's quite always back somewhere. But basically he said they (ollybot) is constantly looking for a better way to select random people to make the chances of winning truly random.

Your right, and I know that just as many people will win quick draws that only post a few times as those who were among top posters.

I didn't mean to sound grumble or disrespectful, I truly enjoy this thread and others.like it with conversations that can go in any direction at any time.

Guess I was just frustrated trying to catch up on so many pages lol I want to hear everything you all say!

I hear yah, I had like 30 pages this morning to catch up on. It was a long task but I did it. (Yay!)

Then I saw I had won and had to re read it a few times because the coffee didn't kick in yet.

I mean I understand the feeling of not winning. But that's life, some times we win, sometimes we don't but to see people get upset over it... It's like you didn't have to pay for it, you didn't have to work for it. All you had to do is sign up and post for a chance or two... And at the end of the day, if you win, awesome, if you don't.. It's not that big a deal.

Also don't take me replying to your post as me badgering you like you're getting all disrespectful or rude.

I've seen quite a few posts on here of people grumbling about not winning and it bugs the heck out of me... It's a free giveaway! Let's all just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Being bummed is cool, being bummed and making an offhanded "this isn't fair" comment is not cool. Life is not fair.... We just have to make the best of what we got.

So again, I didn't mean to call you out nor try and say YOU are disrespectful. I'm just trying to say. Let's all have some fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread