Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I'm amazed how many of the vape contest entries don't adhere to the contest "rules"

Some aren't entries.
Some are just friendly comments or members posting interesting facts.

Relax and lighten up.
It's a fun thread.

Seleya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2014
Florida, USA

JimKinchloe

Aug 29, 2015
Aaaahaha, it seems that Google has had enough of me Googling non-stop. Damn bugger started to ask for Captcha verifications. :lol:
Oh well... it's time to cook some as well, so... see ya all later!

Now THAT is funny. I've never seen google use a Captcha. A search engine, with it's crawlers, wanting to verify that YOU are human is just DRIPPING with irony.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Maybe this will bring me luck today, since the hula hooping bear didn't work yesterday...

k94VMf1.gif

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
@SmokeyJoe . . .

The earliest known usage of vape

E-cigarettes were not commercially available until the 21st century, having been invented in China in 2003, yet the word vapeactually dates to the early 1980s. Its earliest known use is in an article, “Why do People Smoke” in New Society in 1983. The author, Rob Stepney, described a hypothetical device being explored at the time:

“an inhaler or ‘non-combustible’ cigarette, looking much like the real thing, but…delivering a metered dose of nicotine vapour. (The new habit, if it catches on, would be known as vaping.)”

Thus, it seems that vaping the word existed before vaping the phenomenon. Oxford Dictionaries research indicates that while this sense of vape was in use in the1990s, as evidenced by posts within the UseNet bulletin board system, it wasn’t until around 2009 that it started to appear regularly in mainstream sources. (VAPE is named Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year 2014 | OxfordWords blog )​

In Addition . . . Posted December 18, 2007 (Guess by Whom ;) ):

Also another resource . . .

Etymology of 'vape': slang - Etymology of 'vape' - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange

Last - but surely not the least:

Vape and vaping aren’t new as abbreviations. The oldest I’ve found is from the early 1950s in the name of the doubly-abbreviated Vape-Sorber, a device for removing petrol and oil vapour from the air. There’s also the long-established electric vape mat, which releases insecticide. Some science-fiction writers have used vape for killing opponents with an advanced weapon that flashes them into smoke, while others (especially those writingStar Wars spin-offs) have found vape, helpfully rhyming with rape, to be a usefully euphemistic epithet. But Oxford Dictionaries say that the first use in the current sense is astonishingly early:

There have also been experiments with a “non-combustible” cigarette, looking much like the real thing, but again delivering a metered dose of nicotine vapour. (The new habit, if it catches on, would be known as “vaping.”)

New Society, 28 Jul. 1983.

So the word existed long before the phenomenon. The evidence suggests that this sense began to appear in online bulletin boards in the 1990s but that it took until the rise of widely available e-cigarettes around 2009 for it to be encountered regularly in mainstream sources:

His study of 40 smokers is trying to determine how e-cigarettes deliver nicotine and whether they suppress withdrawal symptoms. I found “vaping” too, well, plastic to be enjoyable.

Independent on Saturday (South Africa); 16 May 2009. (World Wide Words: Vape )​

BTW: In addition to "My" earlier post ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I just found this in the same Oxford Dictionary article which I thought was interesting enough to post too:

vape.png

You won! lol
And thats not even all of it by far when it comes to the term Vape...

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
No, you want to change which side they are on. The cell in the "top" spot always gets more stress, by changing the cell in the spot each time will keep one from becoming over stressed and failing sooner.
Thanks Nancy, I didn't think the sides mattered just remember the article saying to label them that way, maybe so you could remember when you switch them around.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
WOOHOO
Congratulations Everyone!

Winners! Winners! Chicken Dinners!
Going to have to Order Popeyes to Fill those Excited Eyes
popeyes-BoxOfChicken.png

But leave a little room for Your Shiney New
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJ4AAAAJGJmMDRmMTQzLTdkYmYtNDFhMy05YmVjLWZlZWQyYjlhMDNiMg.jpg

The winners from the last 48 hours are as follows

Winner # 16 - @Opinionated
Winner # 17 - @danjaman
Winner # 18 - @Croak
Winner # 19 - @Reddhott
Winner # 20 - @JimKinchloe
Winner # 21 - @jimbodaddy74
Winner # 22 - @Daddy
Winner # 23 - @Ladybear
Winner # 24 - @gofishtx
Winner # 25 - @Shawn Hoefer
Winner # 26 - @QRXT
Winner # 27 - @Brkdnc
Winner # 28 - @Sir2fyablyNutz
Winner # 29 - @anjelvape77

Congratulations to all winners! Please send your address, tel no and email address to @SmokeyJoe via PM/conversation...

Last edited:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Maybe this will bring me luck today, since the hula hooping bear didn't work yesterday...

k94VMf1.gif
Hula Hoop didn't work for me Yesterday either,,,,,,,, I'm gonna give Balancing Spinning Plates a shot today

Kurt0402

Ultra Member
Aug 26, 2015
Australia
Hula Hoop didn't work for me Yesterday either,,,,,,,, I'm gonna give Balancing Spinning Plates a shot today
or a pair of gymnasts balancing one leg on one shoulder spining a cloth on each free hand and each foot haha which i saw friday night
images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread