BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Yeh, but I’m old, old, old school.
I don’t sub-ohm.
I was hoping someone could tell me a good non sub ohm tank.
My wife loves the Nautilus 2 and Triton Mini. Both use 1.6/1.8ohm Nautilus Mini coils. She vapes at 12-13w.

Best non sub ohm tanks out there IMO besides the $100 Kabuki.

If you want to build your own coils, I would recommend the Kayfun Lite Plus.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I looked up the Smoktech Rocket. What price are you seeing for it? I am seeing ridiculously high prices for what it does. I did notice this for $26.50 and became intrigued by the "smart wattage" system. It only has a 2 ml tank though.

Innokin Smart Box iSub V Starter Kit
ebay $24
but taking offers so can get for less.
it’s not a sub ohm device.
coil must be greater than 1.2 ohm

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
ebay $24
but taking offers so can get for less.
it’s not a sub ohm device.
coil must be greater than 1.2 ohm

Way overpriced for that device. I have a cabinet full of similar old school tube mods and love them all. But I never paid more than $10 for any of them. You are aware the rocket requires an external battery and charger, right? Is the EBay seller including them?

Portability? Seriously, Once I put a tank on my old tube mods they seem 6 feet tall compared to most of my tiny boxes w/tank.

Reactions: RainSong

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Way overpriced for that device. I have a cabinet full of similar old school tube mods and love them all. But I never paid more than $10 for any of them. You are aware the rocket requires an external battery and charger, right?

Portability? Seriously, Once I put a tank on my old tube mods they seem 6 feet tall compared to most of my tiny boxes w/tank.
Right now I use a Halo Triton for portability.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Way overpriced for that device. I have a cabinet full of similar old school tube mods and love them all. But I never paid more than $10 for any of them. You are aware the rocket requires an external battery and charger, right? Is the EBay seller including them?

i already have everything i need to use it.
paid $13

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Yeh, but I’m old, old, old school.
I don’t sub-ohm.
I was hoping someone could tell me a good non sub ohm tank.

Just because a power device can support subΩ resistances, power ranges from 0w - 300w & has temp control doesn't mean you have to use a certain resistance, or more than 8w - 20w, or use temp control feature.
An eleaf istick pico is a good example of a cheap single cell power device with a bunch of features none of which you have to use to get an excellent vape & gives you the option to use these features in the future.

Non subΩ tank doesn't mean much, any rebuildable (rba) can use above ohm coils but it may not have the airflow characteristics your looking for.
Some subΩ 'tanks' have the ability to restrict airflow & can provide cool flavorful vape using subΩ coils & an rba deck or replacement heads.

Sounds like you're after MTL replaceable head type delivery devices;
Aspire nautilus full size & mini, nautilus 2 or X, triton mini, kabuki, beyond vape silo, eleaf gs air, kanger top tank mini, anyvape divide 3.0, joytech ego one cubis pro, innokin prism t18 t22, vapresso guardian, sense blazer nano, vapefly nicholas,,, to name a few...

Then there are the dozens of RBA type mtl 'tanks'.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Right now I use a Halo Triton for portability.

Yup, good stuff friend. Have a pile of similar.

I don't like to tell anyone what to do, but you've really gotta ditch that Halo site. At least for hardware. You're being robbed if you paid the prices I'm seeing on the website for your current gear. The Reactor is a rebranded Eleaf iStick that can probably be found for $15 or less. The Triton kit is Kanger batteries with what appear to be Kanger T3S tanks.

Wish I had the time to help you do some clearance shopping but I gotta go. The folks in the tootle puffer thread can help.

Reactions: RainSong

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Just because a power device can support subΩ resistances, power ranges from 0w - 300w & has temp control doesn't mean you have to use a certain resistance, or more than 8w - 20w, or use temp control feature.
An eleaf istick pico is a good example of a cheap single cell power device with a bunch of features none of which you have to use to get an excellent vape & gives you the option to use these features in the future.

Non subΩ tank doesn't mean much, any rebuildable (rba) can use above ohm coils but it may not have the airflow characteristics your looking for.
Some subΩ 'tanks' have the ability to restrict airflow & can provide cool flavorful vape using subΩ coils & an rba deck or replacement heads.

Sounds like you're after MTL replaceable head type delivery devices;
Aspire nautilus full size & mini, nautilus 2 or X, triton mini, kabuki, beyond vape silo, eleaf gs air, kanger top tank mini, anyvape divide 3.0, joytech ego one cubis pro, innokin prism t18 t22, vapresso guardian, sense blazer nano, vapefly nicholas,,, to name a few...

Then there are the dozens of RBA type mtl 'tanks'.
i’ve always found sub ohm setups harsh and tasteless.
even with an adjustable mod.
that’s just me.
to each his own.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Yup, good stuff friend. Have a pile of similar.

I don't like to tell anyone what to do, but you've really gotta ditch that Halo site. At least for hardware. You're being robbed if you paid the prices I'm seeing on the website for your current gear. The Reactor is a rebranded Eleaf iStick that can probably be found for $15 or less. The Triton kit is Kanger batteries with what appear to be Kanger T3S tanks.

Wish I had the time to help you do some clearance shopping but I gotta go. The folks in the tootle puffer thread can help.
got the triton for free when i bought my black calico juice.
reactor was my first mod purchase when i started vaping.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
i’ve always found sub ohm setups harsh and tasteless.
even with an adjustable mod.
that’s just me.
to each his own.

I did not suggest you try a 'subΩ set up'.

Just pointing out the resistance of the coil or head used inside the 'tank' doesn't mean much,,, your desired draw / inhalation restriction airflow does.
MTL & DTL are two very different inhalation techniques, trying to mtl a delivery device designed for dtl will always result in harsh, flavorless vape.

I was trying to be helpful, I gave a fair amount of MTL above Ω delivery devices to check out.
If all you got out of my response was represented by your response, good luck.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I did not suggest you try a 'subΩ set up'.

Just pointing out the resistance of the coil or head used inside the 'tank' doesn't mean much,,, your desired draw / inhalation restriction airflow does.
MTL & DTL are two very different inhalation techniques, trying to mtl a delivery device designed for dtl will always result in harsh, flavorless vape.

I was trying to be helpful, I gave a fair amount of MTL above Ω delivery devices to check out.
If all you got out of my response was represented by your response, good luck.
i was not criticizing you.
just stating my situation.
sorry if i offened you.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
An eleaf istick pico is a good example of a cheap single cell power device with a bunch of features none of which you have to use to get an excellent vape & gives you the option to use these features in the future

Your gonna have this crock tossed at ya over and over and over again. In rare instances it's true. For the most part they WILL show low numbers but can't really "step down" to that level. I've won a ton of higher power mods from 60-200 watts. Got rid of all of them. Until I won a Pico and found it to be one those rare exceptions. Fantastic little mod. Can vape it alongside my SMOK SIDs or Sigelei Zmaxes at 13.5 watts and never know the difference. Disappears in a shirt pocket with a 4ml tank attached. That's one you might want to consider sometime in the future.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Crock?
You can easily find the operating parameters / spec sheet of all semi decent power devices.
Real easy to tell if they have buck circuitry / step down capability before purchase.

It isn't at all rare to find a semi decent power device that has the ability to buck / step down voltage output to a level that makes low wattage vaping possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread