SmokTech RSST Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Minneapolis
I just got one of these this week and waited until today to set it up. After setting up two AGA-T's, this one is a breeze, and I love the way it looks. Learning on the AGA did have the advantage of forcing me to pay more attention to detail which is probably why I had no problem setting up the RSST so quickly. Just wish the tank came in glass.

All in all, though, for $24, I like it a lot.

rsst.jpg

Zeybrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Ft. Gibson
Just made my first wick and coil. 400 mesh 32 kanthal. It's reading 1.6ohms. The flavor is pretty good but not as intense as I was expecting. Hoping it gets better.

View attachment 191718

For more flavor I would recommend using 28 or 30 gauge kanthal and putting more wraps into your coil. More wraps means more flavor as it will make the vapor more dense.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I am a bit amazed that the haters havent made their way into this thread and tell us all how bad the RSST sucks because the tank material isnt glass...just sayin..

The AC9, which the RSST is a copy of doesn't either. Because of the tank design, there likely won't be any glass tanks available, unless someone comes up with a 2 piece tank, and o rings or gaskets.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
I am a bit amazed that the haters havent made their way into this thread and tell us all how bad the RSST sucks because the tank material isnt glass...just sayin..

Don't forget that the wick hole is miles from the center post, and the spring-loaded center post is totally inconsistent, and the insulator in the wick hole will instantly burn and melt.

:D

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
The AC9, which the RSST is a copy of doesn't either. Because of the tank design, there likely won't be any glass tanks available, unless someone comes up with a 2 piece tank, and o rings or gaskets.

The second tube isn't necessary. Look at the design of the AGA-T2 (the only other gennie I have) where the center post is sealed with o-rings. All that is needed is a way to seal the center post connections, which are already tapered. A bit of drinking-water-safe PTFE tape can seal those easily (they appear to be 1/16" NPT pipe threads to me, but I haven't had a chance to verify -- they are definitely tapered threads which tend to self-seal). The top and bottom seals should be easy -- the bottom is flat, so an o-ring will sit easily there, and the top has a pre-made groove with a silicone seal that will accept another o-ring for the top seal.

All that's needed is a proper size glass tube.

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
Don't forget that the wick hole is miles from the center post, and the spring-loaded center post is totally inconsistent, and the insulator in the wick hole will instantly burn and melt.

:D

Yeah...geez it a wonder the whole thing doesnt just blow apart ...lol

A 2 piece tank design would be a simple thing....with a silicone ring attached to a centertube with a wide flat bottom for the tank to snug into

MoarVapour

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
United States
So, I was washing my RSST over the sink, marvelling at its solid build quality when I lost grip on the center pole plastic insulator (deck side) and wasn't ninja enough to snatch it up before it out-ninja'd me down the drain.

Anyone know where to buy these plastic insulators? Would like to buy several of these as well as the bottom insulators since I have a feeling they may start leaking especially since I've been known to screw around a lot. Cheers!

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
So, I was washing my RSST over the sink, marvelling at its solid build quality when I lost grip on the center pole plastic insulator (deck side) and wasn't ninja enough to snatch it up before it out-ninja'd me down the drain.

Anyone know where to buy these plastic insulators? Would like to buy several of these as well as the bottom insulators since I have a feeling they may start leaking especially since I've been known to screw around a lot. Cheers!

Have you checked the drain trap? It could be in there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread