SmokTech RSST Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
I have yet to mess with any hotspots on this atty. I have changed coils about 10 times now. Thats a first for any genny ive owned.

20130405_102956_zps1c53e0be.jpg

20130405_102916_zps5ee3451d.jpg

Going through 15ml a day with this RBA.

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Thanks everyone for the quick help, I ended up finding one at Elite Vaporworks. I too decided to get the combo with the Natural as I don't have any fully mechanical devices and just read up on the whole pulse method when using a mesh wick, which I wouldn't really be able to do with my ProVari.

Vape On

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I see you already purchased but thought I would share anyway.

Captivape has stock for 30.00 a piece. Cheapest I could find in stock. 42.00+ ships free.

And for a couple bucks they will enlarge the airhole for ya. I ordered two. Now I guess I have to learn to wrap a mesh wick (scared, first ever RBA)

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
And for a couple bucks they will enlarge the airhole for ya. I ordered two. Now I guess I have to learn to wrap a mesh wick (scared, first ever RBA)

I saw that. I gotta polish mine anyway so might as well drill my own hole. Its a nice service though. More vendors should take note.

You chose the right atty to learn on. I'll have 4 when the 2 I ordered tonight come in. I like to have different flavors ready.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
How big do you suggest getting the airhole drilled? I was thinking 1.3? I'm unfamiliar with RBAs and would like to get started with one of these.
1.3mm is quite good, still has decent springy resistance. Did 1.4mm with another Genny and is a little airy but not quite so much as the ZAP which is just shy of 1.6mm (1/16"). 1.3mm - 1.5mm is what I call the "Whistle Zone" as air intake is often audible, and probably why they avoid that range.

The RSST is said to have a 1.0mm airhole. 3/64" = 1.2mm. You can swirl the drill bit around in the hole for a while to get 1.3mm. Then keep going until you get it to the point where it's just good for you. Use Cobalt drill bit.

Last edited:

Dwardek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
Denver, CO
Got my first coil set up on this sucker! 32g twisted came out to .8 ohm. Hits like a train and not just need to widen the hole some for a better draw. Super impressed with this atty! Got an aga t2 comin today but unless its better ill be ordering at least one more of these.

Used the pulse method without oxidizing the wick. Wonderful taste.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
Just built a SS mesh wick and 30g coil on this RBA, my first mesh build for this one.

This thing is just plain easy to build on. Literally five minutes from inserting the wick to filling with juice and vaping away at 0.8ohms. Pulsing is made easier because you get glow from both the negative and positive posts due to the insulated wick hole. A minute or two of pulsing and a few seconds of prodding and the coil glows evenly from the middle out. Totally un-oxidized wick, just bare mesh.

This may just convince me to go back to vaping mesh. I'm usually not crazy about the stainless experience, but with the build this easy and blowing huge clouds in minutes, I may have to re-think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread