SmokTech RSST Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
I wonder if an o-ring could be put between the base and the threaded plastic bit, and would it solve this minor seepage.

I don't see why not, although it would have to fit through the top hole. I may have some around that would work if I end up seeing leakage.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
My AC9 does the same thing, I tried tightening the nut at the top more, but still a small leak at the 510. A bit disappointing for a "high end" genesis. I still like the AC9 though, as all devices have their pros and cons.

I PM'd Riptrippers and Vapinaze about this. Both said they are coming out with a new sleeve that goes on the center post, where it screws down to the atty deck. According to them, they should have it on the Vapinaze site soon. In the meantime, Rip suggested using the insulator from an Aga

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
I tried it with a Aga-t silicone insulator on top, even put orings between the tube and the top platform. It still leaked. The leaking is not that bad, I can live with it. I just get annoyed by anything that leaks. Heck, my ebaron dripper leaks often also, but I got used to it. I think I just have to not tilt so much using this atty.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I tried it with a Aga-t silicone insulator on top, even put orings between the tube and the top platform. It still leaked. The leaking is not that bad, I can live with it. I just get annoyed by anything that leaks. Heck, my ebaron dripper leaks often also, but I got used to it. I think I just have to not tilt so much using this atty.

I think that's probably the best solution; not tilting as much.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I read something that Rip wrote in a youtube comment about it being condensation. He didn't come right out and say it was condensation as opposed to actual juice leaking. And of course, they are updating the device to eliminate this "condensation" and also the threading problem. Do you guys thinking that you're experiencing actual juice leakage or could it be condensation leaking out of the center tube?

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I read something that Rip wrote in a youtube comment about it being condensation. He didn't come right out and say it was condensation as opposed to actual juice leaking. And of course, they are updating the device to eliminate this "condensation" and also the threading problem. Do you guys thinking that you're experiencing actual juice leakage or could it be condensation leaking out of the center tube?

I think yes, that could be the case!

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair

I really don't think they can design it to eliminate condensation. It's the result of the vapor meeting the cooler walls of the top cap "bell". It's just a characteristic of the genesis design.

45root

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
montgomery, AL

45root

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
montgomery, AL
For those of u that coil ur rsst with 28g. How many wraps are u doing usually?

I use 4/3 on everything but sometimes I use a 3/2. It just depends on what device I am using it on. If I am using a device that seems to have a higher voltage drop, I wrap 3/2 as it needs more umph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread