Smoktech SID opinion and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndChoice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Ventura,CA
So far I like the Sid. It's an improvement over the smok1300mah VV I have with the exception of the pulsating/rattle snake vape I don't think it's very consistent compared to my other smok mod. It has a 10second cutoff which is nice as I don't have to worry about it setting off on my pocket or in my desk drawer.

Again the rattle snake sputter is somewhat annoying and I feel like it's a problem.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
I am also curious about the strengths and shortfalls of a Smoktech SID as I just bought one, pretty much without knowing anything about it.

Truth be told I wasn't really in the market to buy a APV device but struck a deal with a fellow in the classifieds for one at what was a really good price for it. Was looking to buy his lot ego batts and various eGo bits, ended up getting that and a SID! I'm pretty new. only been vaping for 6 weeks. I was thinking that I was going to stick with eGos and evods for a while as I am pretty happy with them right now.

I have a selection of EVOD and ARO2 tanks and just a few ego style batts (one Smok winder and the two EVOD batts that came with my two month old EVOD starter kit). In the last two weeks I have also picked up a couple of PT2 mini tanks. I like them.

Still researching the forum and reading about the SID. I hope I adapt to it as it has a bunch of features that I am going to have to learn how to use to set it up decently.

The SID is coming with a couple of NCR 18650b batteries and I know little about the care and feeding of such.
Need to buy a charger, inexpensive would be great as I just blew most of my fun money for the month.
My budget to trick out my new to me mod is about $50 for now as my budget is blown for a few weeks.
I need:
A battery charger for the 18650s.

Would like a full size tank for my SID. Have a bunch of Kanger evod/PT atomizers in 2.5 ohm so kind of leaning towards a ProTank of some variation. Suppose I could just stick one of my mini PT2s on it but really would like a bigger/badder clearo. Maybe learn up on cartomizers?

Don't want to hijack the thread either...

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
My third APV was a SID that was cheap enough for me to give it a go. Before getting my Provari and Semovar it was my daily at home vape device (MVP 2.0 was my going out APV). I actually don't mind the rattlesnake so much but the dropoff at the end of the battery life is obvious compared to my higher end mods, but really not a deal buster for the pricepoint. I have no complaints or regrets on buying my SID. Like iowajosh mentioned you have to watch keeping a constant pressure on the fire button or it may take you into the menu. Of course I have had that happen on my Provari too.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I love mine. The rattle snake doesn't bother me at all.

My pet peeves: some time my finger slips off the button.. Some times more than once on a vape... Occasionally I reset my wattage unknowingly.. I figure it out when the hits turn dry...it's probably how I hold my pv.. I use my thumb or first knuckle on my index finger.

I wish it remembered my settings between battery changes. It remembers my wattage setting more often than not, but I like to see my resistance because I rebuild a ton.

Lastly it shuts off occasionally, requiring a battery pull. I do chain vape all day, so I'm sure it's hard on the device.

I just ordered another SiD, so now I can switch devices more regularly. I already kill 2 2000 mAh eefest imrs a day...now I'll drip on one and pop my KFL+ or fogger v3 on the other!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2ndChoice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Ventura,CA
I wish it remembered my settings between battery changes. It remembers my wattage setting more often than not, but I like to see my resistance because I rebuild a ton.

Lastly it shuts off occasionally, requiring a battery pull. I do chain vape all day, so I'm sure it's hard on the device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Noticed those things too on my SID. It's alright, def a upgrade over the VV1300MmAh mod I have.

Just got a mechanical mod so, the SID probably wont be getting used much

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
You get what you pay for. I'd love to get a Zen with the dna 30, but the budget won't allow for it.

The ego was less temperamental, but the Vape is WAY better on the sid imo. I love rebuilding so I'll probably get a nemmi next, but sid is working for now with my single coil rebuilds. I'll upgrade when I get bored with that or decid the to chase clouds... Probably means I need new batteries though (right? Using 18650 IMR efest 2000mAh... I think they are max 10amp battrries)

I do wish these regulated mods would use more of what the battery will allow though... SiD limits at 3amps, seems like most main stream batteries put out at least 10amps...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread