Smoktech SID & other Smoktech model discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunka

May 31, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I bought a Smoktech SID and I absolutely love the thing so far. I was looking for a suitable stand-in for the Provari as I can't afford that just yet. It's my first VV/VW mod and I'm still trying to learn how to use it.

So far I've learned that some tanks, like the EVOD2 Glass and the iClear 16D like the VV better, others, like the Pro tank 3, seem to work better on wattage settings.

I'm looking for thoughts, experiences and feed-back.

Keep on Chuffin'! :vapor:

Attachments

• vape set.jpg
    vape set.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've only owned one VV/VW mod, a Smoktech Mini ZMax, which was a gift and which I gave to my daughter after a short stint with it. I'm not a fan of the 33.3 Hz chip devices. I don't recall experiencing any difference in what tanks were used on it in VV or VW mode.

All the rest of my regulated mods have been VV only. Not much more to add.

Glad to hear you are happy with your SID.

JustB'nMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
TX
I felt the same way when I first got my SID, although I wasn't crazy about the size. I would have preferred the 18350 tube but they were out of stock everywhere I looked at the time. I agree that it's definitely just a stand-in or beginner mod. Aesthetically, it does look good with most any topper.

However, the loss of performance as the battery drained was the first thing I noticed. Then after about a month, a problem arose. The button became finicky and would go into the menu options instead of firing, unless pressed just right.

Hopefully you'll have a better experience with the SID, so enjoy it while it lasts. Mine is just a pretty paperweight at this point.

Live well, Love much, Laugh often and Vape on.

Patrick H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
New Mexico
I have a SID, which I used almost exclusively for about two weeks. I also have an EVIC, MVP2, SVD, 3 Sigelei Zmax V3's, and a Smoktech Zmax. The SID is the cheapest feeling APV of the bunch, and after a half hour or so of use, it starts to shut itself down and I have to remove the battery to get it to work again. I bought it at my local B&M store, and the owner/ friend of mine quit selling them after a couple months because he had too many failures like mine, faulty buttons, etc. Sorry, just my opinion and experience..;)
I'm a huge fan of the Sigelei..

Dstaks

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
South Carolina
Just bought my SID after getting out of mods and dripping. They only had green but love the color though it's minty. Very light apv and not too tall. I love it so far and it's perfect with the kayfun. Paid only $21 shipped in 3 days with a free 30ml bottle of Swedish Fish. Powered by a AW IMR 2000mah battery, perfect fit and slides right out.
ygazajy4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dstaks

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
South Carolina
I bought a Smoktech SID and I absolutely love the thing so far. I was looking for a suitable stand-in for the Provari as I can't afford that just yet. It's my first VV/VW mod and I'm still trying to learn how to use it.

So far I've learned that some tanks, like the EVOD2 Glass and the iClear 16D like the VV better, others, like the Pro Tank 3, seem to work better on wattage settings.

I'm looking for thoughts, experiences and feed-back.

Keep on Chuffin'! :vapor:

I want a pro tank so bad !! Very nice tank IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread