Smoktech TT (Terminator Tank) vaporizers - burning out a lot? Fiddly? Or just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenao

Jul 26, 2013
Arizona
These things, right here (this is not an indictment of the distributor; VapingCraze is fantastic. The question is about the smok product itself):

5pc Box Smoktech Terminator Tank Replacement Atomizers

I've burned out two so far, and will probably lose a third soon. The second burned out after just one day of use.

Now I am using these things, as far as I can tell, just as I'm supposed to. I make sure the induction holes are clear, the wick has juice, and I'm not overdriving the coil (currently my eVic is telling me I'm putting 4 watts into it, 3.3v, resistance 2.7 Ω - very very low power). But over a remarkably and distressingly short amount of time I see my resistance go from 2.1 - 2.2 ohms up to 2.7, 3, or more - and then poof, I've burned out another coil. The coil I am using now started its life at 2.1Ω, just 6 hours ago, and now it's up to 2.7Ω. That is too far, too fast.

I don't go through any other attys this fast, even the generic replacement bottom-feeders you can get for Kangers.

The problem is that I really like the TT. It has fantastic vape at low power, a great smooth draw, and barely ever gurgles. I don't want to write it off, but replacing the attys is gonna get expensive at the rate of 3-5 per week.

So what am I doing wrong here? Is this a known flaw with the smok Terminator atty? Or am I missing something profoundly obvious in the way I handle it?

Barring that, is there an equivalent atty that will give me the same kind of experience, but not fry like an earthworm in the Sahara after half a day?

Last edited:

warrenao

Jul 26, 2013
Arizona
Oh arglebargle. I figured it out eventually. I was loosening the 510 adaptor, believing this allowed juice into the atty. Well, it let in juice, all right, but not enough to keep the coil cool.

What I needed to do was loosen the upper threaded fitting, the cup that contains the coil and wick. That's all it needed. I'm probably a dimwit for not realizing it sooner. Now that I've worked that out, the amount of vapor I get on just 4w / 3v is astonishing.

BuffaloBore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Cale America
I really like the TT cause it's so easy to rebuild and I've never burned out a coil on one because the first thing I do is pull the factory coil and wick out and replace it with my own, 4 turns of 32ga round kanthal over 2 strands of 3mm silica wick vapes like a freight train. For the bucks they are really hard to beat. I use mine mostly as drippers but have a couple set up in AGR cartomizer tanks where they work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread