SMOKTech UDA Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

higskies

Feb 24, 2012
Harrisburg,PA
I received the SMOKTech UDA Rebuildable Atomizer yesterday in the mail from MyVaporStore.com for $8.99. I am not affiliated with either business.

This atomizer appears to be an upgraded version of the Octopus RDA that they put out awhile back. It has a very similar build as far as the posts are concerned, but has some great modifications to the cap that makes it appealing to a variety of vapers.

It was simply packaged in clear cellophane and had a coil installed. It said in the product description that it was an anodized aluminum build, but it has some weight to it, so I am unsure if that is accurate. I did not use the factory installed coil, other than to fire it a few times before taking it out. The coil was shorting itself out at a few locations when I attempted spacing it out.

I built a microcoil with 28g kanthal on a nail and fed 3mm silica wick through it. Ten wraps delivered 1.9 ohms at approximately 5/32 inches. I wrapped the silica around both posts so it would sit nicely inside the bottom cap. The bottom cap sits firmly on the base via two o-rings. Very nice tight fit. I am not concerned about leakage.

At the top of the bottom cap, there is a rectangular cut-out between the o-rings to align the air holes in the top cap. There are five very small air holes in the top cap, so if you prefer a tighter draw, you can set it up with only one hole exposed to the cut out, or you can expose all five if you prefer an airy draw. The longer I vape, the more I enjoy an airy draw, so this is a good choice for a beginner to rebuildables since you can adjust the airflow. The full open air flow may not be enough for some, although it does allow more air than the stock configuration of an IGO-W.

To recap, the SMOKTech UDA is a nicely built piece with adjustable airflow. I used 10 wraps of 28g kanthal (1.9 ohms) with 3mm silica and am getting a decent vape out of it using 100 PG juice. The airflow is very tight at the lowest setting and opens up alot with all five holes exposed, but still might not be enough for some. I have not encountered leakage with 10 drops of juice, but 15 drops has leaked out of the airholes. That is enough for me to get a good taste of the flavor before it runs out, but not enough that I could leave my juice at home if I were running a quick errand. As far as I can see, it is only available in the metallic finish and looks great on my eGo with the vanity cover. For $8.99, I will most likely buy another one.

higskies

Feb 24, 2012
Harrisburg,PA
Here's a pic. The drip tip is not included.
SMOKTech UDA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread