Smoktech Vmax Owners - tips, tricks and quirks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
How do they work on the V? Am currently assessing atty options.

i've never used a ikv 510 cannon before, its airy and doesn't vape well, i think it needs some more breaking in. its a 3.5 ohm but reads 3.7 *edit - it is also leaky as hell, filled up the drip well on the vmax

I have a 801 midi 3.5 ohm that measured at 4 ohm. I can't seem to find the best setting for it.

Both are burny and slurpy atm but i'm hoping they break in.

The atties I've had work best on the vmax was a 2.5 ohm cisco spec 510 and a 3 ohm cisco spec 306.

i'd suggest shopping at avid vapor and only avid vapor.

Last edited:

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
That's the thing I also envisioned for this thread, not to only talk of issues but share really good setups. What atties / cartos / tanks work better than others, what to avoid, 'must have's' etc. I want to buy a bunch of stuff for the V but still holding out for some recommendations.

I'm mainly using the ST DCT's, both 4ml and 6.5. I think they look fabulous on the vmax. Imagine that. ST tanks on a ST device :) But I'm not totally happy with the ST 2.5 DC cartos presently in these tanks. I still seem to get a lot of flooding despite playing around with juice viscosity, vaping techniques, etc. I have to blow these cartos out at least once a day and it wastes a bit juice and is just plain messy. I think I'm going to try the new Boge XXL's next and slot them myself.

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
i've never used a ikv 510 cannon before, its airy and doesn't vape well, i think it needs some more breaking in. its a 3.5 ohm but reads 3.7

I have a 801 midi 3.5 ohm that measured at 4 ohm. I can't seem to find the best setting for it.

Both are burny and slurpy atm but i'm hoping they break in.

The atties I've had work best on the vmax was a 2.5 ohm cisco spec 510 and a 3 ohm cisco spec 306.

i'd suggest shopping at avid vapor and only avid vapor.

Too bad about the IKV's. Another member I know recently advised against the IKV 306 he just got and wasn't too happy about. I'm seriously considering the hh357 despite the cost. The 3ohm cisco 306 also sounds like a good bet as you suggest.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Just received my new smok vmax from vapingzone.

Running it through the paces.

When batteries first inserted the voltage reads 5 volts....but when I take button cap off drop batteries out and reinsert the voltage does not reset back to 5 volts rather it stays where it was set. Maybe I did not leave it powerless long enough or a new feature?

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
That's the thing I also envisioned for this thread, not to only talk of issues but share really good setups. What atties / cartos / tanks work better than others, what to avoid, 'must have's' etc. I want to buy a bunch of stuff for the V but still holding out for some recommendations.

I'm mainly using the ST DCT's, both 4ml and 6.5. I think they look fabulous on the vmax. Imagine that. ST tanks on a ST device :) But I'm not totally happy with the ST 2.5 DC cartos presently in these tanks. I still seem to get a lot of flooding despite playing around with juice viscosity, vaping techniques, etc. I have to blow these cartos out at least once a day and it wastes a bit juice and is just plain messy. I think I'm going to try the new Boge XXL's next and slot them myself.

I had never used a tank before but I got one right around the time I got my Vmax.
I have a siam mod tank, the little cube one with the ridges...anyway inside it is a 2.8ohm 801 fusion with a long adapter. It is possibly the best vape I ever had. Keep it around 4.8v. Made a big hole at the bottom and a tiny one at the top using a saddle valve, its been running and refilling for 6 days now no problem, even refilling with 100% vg juices.

On the 2.5ohm 510 I am using a 510 to ego adapter and a drip sheild
on the 3.0 ohm 306 I am using a DCA

atties with external armor = better.

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
Just received my new smok vmax from vapingzone.

Running it through the paces.

When batteries first inserted the voltage reads 5 volts....but when I take button cap off drop batteries out and reinsert the voltage does not reset back to 5 volts rather it stays where it was set. Maybe I did not leave it powerless long enough or a new feature?

Sounds to me like you may have a newer version. Perhaps you could allow more time before you reinsert them and confirm if it maintains prior setting. Mine immediately defaults back to 5v and I'm reinserting as quickly as possible.
At my age you kinda have to. :)

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
I had never used a tank before but I got one right around the time I got my Vmax.
I have a siam mod tank, the little cube one with the ridges...anyway inside it is a 2.8ohm 801 fusion with a long adapter. It is possibly the best vape I ever had. Keep it around 4.8v. Made a big hole at the bottom and a tiny one at the top using a saddle valve, its been running and refilling for 6 days now no problem, even refilling with 100% vg juices.

On the 2.5ohm 510 I am using a 510 to ego adapter and a drip sheild
on the 3.0 ohm 306 I am using a DCA

atties with external armor = better.

I'm starting to regret soliciting optimum setup recommendations. At this rate I'm going to go broke way too soon. You should see the size of my next order list. :facepalm:

Last edited:

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Sounds to me like you may have a newer version. Perhaps you could allow more time before you reinsert them and confirm if it maintains prior setting. Mine immediately defaults back to 5v and I'm reinserting as quickly as possible.
At my age you kinda have to. :)

Yes if batteries left out for extended period it reverts to 5 volts

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Just a quick update for European members , I see they now have them in stock (Black & Silver) at Britvapes in UK they come with what appears 2 x non AW flat-top Batts ,the cheapest option is still Yovapeo.es in Spain (Black only) which is about 20€ cheaper and includes 2 x genuine AW IMRs and a charger plus free EU delivery :blink:
To be fair to Britvapes it appears that they did have them about 30 UK cheaper on pre-order 2 weeks ago !! But it looks like Smoktech may have intervened with pricing :glare:

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Ok, at the risk of totally getting flamed, I have been using my replacement VMAX for the past week. So far, so good...

A couple of things that I have noticed on "this particular unit" which is still a 1st run since it resets to 5v, is that with a 2.5ohm resurrector (smoke single coil) in a DCT tank, it vapes where I like it around 3.6-3.8 set voltage which is equal to about 4.6-4.8 on my other VV devices. With a smoke 2ohm DCC I have it set to 4.5v and it vapes great, where as on my other VV devices (that can handle it), I need 5.3-5.4v to get the same vape experience. When I plotted out the voltages though, the numbers tell another story more in line with what it "should" be, not what it is. Definitely recommend starting at 3v and working up as this device does not perform like most others. It's much hotter!

My particular VMAX won't let me use 18350 batteries as the end cap is too small. I could force them, but it would damage the wrappers of the batteries. Good news is though, that 16340's fit and function just fine and I am still getting 15-16 hours of use out of them before the device gives me the "LO" warning.

I'm glad to see vendors starting to thumb their noses at smoktech and their ridiculous set pricing guidelines. Including batteries, free shipping, or even flat out reducing the cost. In my opinion that makes this device more attractive than what was originally offered.

I haven't seen the "new version" yet, but I wish smoktech had gotten all the bugs worked out before they went to market with version 1. I'm sure I'm not the only vapor that doesn't want to pay a company full retail price to be a beta tester.

Just my 0.02¢

Sent via cellular communication device...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread