Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
It seems to be fairly common for the circuit board on the inside to move around a tiny bit, and even if you are pressing the button down all the way, but at a certain angle or something the button will cut out. If it does this several times in a row, like someone else said you could get into the menu and change the power settings.

This has also happened to me a few times, and without lifting the button at all. I then went about trying to get the button to cut out while still holding it down, and it seems to cut out often if I put downward (towards the bottom of the device) pressure on the button while I'm depressing it.

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
I modeled these in my 3d program here at work today. This is basicaly my setup....in 3d. I dont know who else would look at these renders and even care.....mabey the Zmax fans/owners.

comp1n.jpg

49082309.jpg

66080154.jpg

agru.jpg

88723221.jpg

Phoenix07013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2012
clarkston, mi, USA
So I've been vaping away for a couple weeks on my new zmax I got from a coop. Over the last couple of days though it's been resetting itself, like I took the battery out, so I have to press the button 5 times to turn it on again, and sometimes it gets stuck on the sigelei screen, or the system on scroll. Anybody else have this problem? I'm going to look through all 200+ pages but maybe you guys have some insight

Phoenix07013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2012
clarkston, mi, USA
If you shake it can you feel the battery move from top to bottom not side to side?

A little of A and a little B. I ended up stretching the spring more than I had already, seems to be working ok, but I just ordered this HeliX hot spring - Avid Vaper one of the members of the co-op recommends it. I'll update accordingly

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
A little of A and a little B. I ended up stretching the spring more than I had already, seems to be working ok, but I just ordered this HeliX hot spring - Avid Vaper one of the members of the co-op recommends it. I'll update accordingly
It sound as if it lost it's battery connection momentarily,weak spring, wrong metal ,dirty connection ect.
I think you've got it on the run

MayLovesMetal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had my SS Smok Zmax v1 for couple months now ,only start using it this month and i am having a lot of missfire problems ,sometimes i press 3 times to fire only once, it is getting very frustrating that i don't use it anymore .

Do you know guys if there is a fix to this problem ?

I have multiple zmaxes..and had the same problem with one, a black chrome--but fortunately I bought it from madvapes with 90 day warranty and it was still within that so they sent me another. It seemed like something wasn't right with the button, and maybe someone with some sort of mechanical ability etc could have fixed it. I hope it works out somehow for you. :(

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
I had my SS Smok Zmax v1 for couple months now ,only start using it this month and i am having a lot of missfire problems ,sometimes i press 3 times to fire only once, it is getting very frustrating that i don't use it anymore .

Do you know guys if there is a fix to this problem ?

Sometimed the board gets a bit cocked inside and this can cause button misfires. I'm pretty sure that if you look inside you can see where you would be able to put a thin rod or screwdriver and pop the top cap off; you need to be very careful doing this to not damage the board or break any wires off the top cap. You also may just try prodding the board to see if it is loose to see if you will need to get inside.

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
Put your finger in the bottom where the battery goes in, and push on the board from the bottom. Use your finger to move it around and reposition it without having to take the top cap off. The board is not held in really well and batteries being pushed up into it can possibly weaken and move around inside the tube over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread