Smooth menthol

Discussion in 'E-Liquid Recipes' started by BigBulli, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBulli

BigBulli Super Member ECF Veteran

All Flavoring Available at: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-54-professional-diy-flavors.aspx

Menthol Crystals were crushed than I filled 3/4 of 120ml bottle with powder than filled to the top with pg.

3% Wintergreen 1.8ml
    3% Menthol 1.8ml
    3% Koolada 1.8ml
    5% Spearmint 3ml
    86% 50/50 Nic base 51.6ml

Total=60ml

This is a cool, smooth, non overpowering menthol vape. I use to smoke Newports and have tried a bunch of commercially available e-liquid flavors and didn't like any of them. I've tried mixing all the available PA tobacco flavorings and realized what the problem is. Cigarette tobacco is gross, I can't stand the flavor any more. This is my new favorite all day vape. I've wasted enough money on Flavour Art, Lorannes, Tasty Puff, and Perfumers Apprentice flavoring, about $300. This is the best mix I've tried to date.

2. Mayasveil

Mayasveil Senior Member ECF Veteran

If you enjoy menthol, give this a try. It is very nice.

3. BigBulli

I now add 1.8ml pa sweetener to the mix.

4. newbieb0y

newbieb0y Senior Member ECF Veteran

Ahh, it's a must try then. I don't know where can I get Wintergreen.

5. Mayasveil

Mayasveil Senior Member ECF Veteran

the perfumers apprentice

6. bmwjen

bmwjen Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

nice! i'll have to try this once I pick up some wintergreen.

7. BigBulli

I've been vaping only this for a little over a month not. It's so good.

8. PegasusPanther

PegasusPanther Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would love to try this~it sounds good! First time mixing my own...so I'm a little lost with the directions if BigBulli or someone could clarify the recipe for me I'd appreciate it.
    Amount of menthol crystals used? Mixed in a 120ml bottle filled to the top but end up with 60ml?? 86% 50/50 Nic base 51.6ml~ What does this formula mean and where do you get the nic base formula you listed? What is pa sweetener and how much is used? Anyone tried with VG or mixed PG/VG?
    I feel your pain with the amount of $$$ dished out and still don't have a vape I like.

9. qlcantu

qlcantu Full Member

I've tried my first menthol mix and it's close to yours...

Menthol 3%
    Wintergreen 3%
    Peppermint 3%
    Cinnamon 1%

... Next time tho I'll be adding Sweetner... Good vape... Might not be a long term "go to" but nice for a change...

10. Jammin

Jammin Super Member ECF Veteran

Oddly enough, I had given up menthol the last few years I smoked analogs, but when i started vaping, I was trying a lot of non menthol juices (i just didnt like the flavored ones, i gave them a fair shot, tried a huge variety from several sources) but the menthol Joye liquid from cignot was really what i ended up enjoying the most.

I have never tried mixing my own, but maybe I will give your formula there a shot.

11. light487

light487 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sorry for my ignorance from over here in Downunder land.. but what is Wintergreen? I mean what does it taste like by itself?

12. SlowTalker

SlowTalker Senior Member ECF Veteran

Wintergreen, as it is used as a flavoring, is minty and refreshing without the sharp bite of peppermint - more like peppermint than spearmint though.

You can find more specific info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wintergreen

13. BigBulli

I crush the menthol crystals to a fine powder, than fill an empty bottle up 3/4 of the way to the top and fill the rest with propylene glycol. This will dissolve if you run it under hot tap water and shake a lot. Than follow the percentages using an e juice calculator, I use an app for android. pa stands for perfumers apprentice, http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/. The nic base i use is 100% vegetable glycerin with 100 mg/ml from http://www.nicvape.com/, I got 1 liter of this.

14. BigBulli

For an even better vape cut the flavoring percentages in half. Use an e liquid calculator to get the exact ml.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

15. light487

I got a "Wintermint" flavour from Gourmet Vapors.. so I think I now understand the flavour. It's kind of like a Spearmint flavour..

16. BigBulli

It is a north american plant so it is understandable if you did not know what it is. It has its similarities to spearmint but tastes different.

17. rayross

rayross Full Member ECF Veteran

Bulli, What is Koolada? I can ONLY vape Menthol due to 35 years of analogs. Anything else hurts my throat. I have been unable to find a ventor that can mix a consistant recipie. I am going to try yours.
    Thanks

18. light487

I really love the "Wintermint" from Gourmet Vapors, it's a awesome combination of Menthol and Wintergreen flavours.. really nice.

19. Liv2Ski

Liv2Ski Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    ray see link:

Perfumers Apprentice - Koolada 10% (PG)

20. BigBulli

I have a good deal for 500ml of this posted in the classifieds. It is all u.s. sourced and less than a week old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.