SMY 60 TC Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Just ordered the SMY 60 TC Mini from Angelcigs for no other reason then the big fancy screen.
    Not into TC yet but guess that has just changed.

Anybody have one of these???

What is the best wire to use with TC on this device?
    I presume I still can vape not using the TC settings - RIGHT?
    How is the battery life?

Any tips on use and care of device would be appreciated...

SVrider

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2014
    Vermont, USA
    I got my smy 60 TC mini last week and i am really happy with it. After reading up on the nickel wire i decided to not use it for the temperature control and i'll be getting some titanium wire to try it with. Use power mode for vaping like normal with kanthal.

Battery life will depend on what wattage your vaping at and how often but you can also change how long the screen stays on after you hit it or turn it off with stealth mode, Im sure that will have a small effect too. I have been vaping at 18-19 watts with the screen set to 8 seconds and its lasting me about 2 days.

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I got my smy 60 TC mini last week and i am really happy with it. After reading up on the nickel wire i decided to not use it for the temperature control and i'll be getting some titanium wire to try it with. Use power mode for vaping like normal with kanthal.

Battery life will depend on what wattage your vaping at and how often but you can also change how long the screen stays on after you hit it or turn it off with stealth mode, Im sure that will have a small effect too. I have been vaping at 18-19 watts with the screen set to 8 seconds and its lasting me about 2 days.
    2 days you say - WOW

My main go to devices are IPV mini 30 watt and DNA 30 clone there OK buy nothing to jump up and down over. I go through two batteries each day around 8 to 10 watts of chain vaping. I didn't buy it for the TC though I will be trying it out soon as I make my mind up what wire to order. I like using 32 gauge kanthal.

SVrider

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2014
    Vermont, USA
    Not a bad review. Glad my buttons don't rattle like his. The blue/black and red/black versions on the battery cover dont look very much like carbon fiber, it has a strange kinda 3D effect look to it that you dont really see in pictures. I have the blue/black and i like it but if anyone wants that real carbon fiber look go for the plain black like in the vid.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I was wondering about that after seeing it mentioned in the little manual. Wonder what it will be. I would like to have an option to change from military time/24 hour clock to a normal one, Not that its a big deal...
    Yeah me to - can't find nothing on it search all over. When I do find out about I'll make a post here on this thread. Be nice if they added an option that said TI 1 and go 1/2 watt at a time and not one watt at a time - I've found it is just not enough of adjustment as I need in power mode.

I've got to order some TI 1 just to try it out in TC mode and find out why everyone says it's great. I don't get burnt wicks ever.

Got mine today and I'm amazed at how small it is, doing as I expected very happy with it, screen very nice PRETTY. Ordered a silver and Angelcigs shipped black device paint looks good. I really wanted the anyway only reason I didn't order it was because of my experience with IPV mini 30 watt paint is flacking off bad, so bad until I order a sleeve I wrapped it with duck tape not to get the chips on my hands. Big pain.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    BEWARE

Ordered from ANGELCIGS the device has no security scratch off label and I can't get past the SMY/SIMEIYUE Security Check Center | tg-query

Update
    Emailed vendor and received a response from them asking for pictures of box front, back and all sides.

I'll be updating post when they respond back.

Edit in.

I was able to download the firmware and do the upgrade it's now version 2- everything looks good and showing up on screen.

Edit in

Got email from vendor saying.
    Sorry,might QC forgot to stick it but we promise it is authentic.

Please click it and download upgrade package.
    http://www.simeiyue.com/download

I previously was able to upgrade the firmware with no problems.

Last edited:

SVrider

ECF Veteran
    Sep 17, 2014
    Vermont, USA
    Just got this SVride Firmware update on UTUBE

Thank you for that. I just did the upgrade and im pleased to report i didnt have any problems. The only change as far as i can tell is the addition of the Titanium in the options.

Sorry to hear of your trouble with the possibly unauthentic mod. I got mine from 101vape.com

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Thank you for that. I just did the upgrade and im pleased to report i didnt have any problems. The only change as far as i can tell is the addition of the Titanium in the options.

Sorry to hear of your trouble with the possibly unauthentic mod. I got mine from 101vape.com

Was able to do the upgrade but still can't get past the check security page to see if it's authentic mod.
    The Titanium options was one of the upgrades that I wanted - now I have it.

I'm happy either way.

fishwater

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2015
    New Hampshire
    I couldn't tell you if there is a difference since the update since this is my first mod & I updated I before I fired it up but I was thinking earlier that this is one really nice mod.
    I've been reading a bunch of threads regarding TC on various mods. I'm not finding the negatives I've read elsewhere on different mods, this is smooth. There seems to be no pulsing, I've never had a dry hit. While I can't say if it is accurate or not since I haven't measured it, I have found temps that I like with different tanks & different juices. It has excellent battery life, I'm getting two days or 400 hundred puffs per battery which equates to about 30 minutes of total puff time. It feels solid in the hand, click buttons & more weight than I expected for a unit this size. People who've never vaped before can use it with minimal instruction. Overall I'm really pleased with it & happy with my purchase.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread