Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Freaking thing died on me today lasted 31 days.
I was really liking it.

1. Getting no atomizer and then a little smoke.

Emailed vendor to see what they say before getting in touch with smy.

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that, that really stinks. As much as I enjoy these devices I can't believe how poorly made they ALL are, really disappointing in this day & age. I just bought two new mods just so I'll have a back up when one fails which unfortunately based on the market isn't if it happens but when.

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that, that really stinks. As much as I enjoy these devices I can't believe how poorly made they ALL are, really disappointing in this day & age. I just bought two new mods just so I'll have a back up when one fails which unfortunately based on the market isn't if it happens but when.
    Tell me about it within in the last 12 months.

1. Sigelei 30 went bad got my money back.
    2. Cloupor T5 went bad LOST my money here.
    3. Vamo V2 connector went bad though no complaint with it.
    4. DNA 30 clone went bad got my money back.

I have a Vamo V5 over a year 510 connector is going , DNA 30 clone over a year, IPV mini 30 watt over six months but looks like hell and two Johnson Vea pen type batteries as back ups. I'll never be without a device though I was very comfortable with the SMY Mini 60 - it will most likely take some time to get it replaced from SMY in China but it's under guarantee for first 3 months.

Considering how much I saved in money by not smoking it's no big deal and the health benefit no complaint here just be prepared for the unforeseen always keep extra stock and device with battery and an extra battery charger.

Reactions: fishwater

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    One good thing with SMY they have a new service center right here in the states. The first one for vaping stuff that I heard about in the states. GROUND BREAKING!!!

I got off the phone earlier with the Rep and his going to get the authorization from SYM to do the repairs on my mini 60.

He said he puts in a new screen and all inners, so it will be all brand new except for the case. I told him how Angelcigs gave me the run around and then finally pushed me off. I got the impression he wasn't happy about that.

All smy products come with a limited six month warranty against factory defects or malfunction. The product must be in the warranty period to be repaired. If products to be repaired are with in the first 30 days from the date of sale return shipping costs will be paid by the company. This is 30 days from the time you sold to the customer. If the product is after the first 30 days all shipping cost must be paid by the consumer/company returning the products. Parts and labor will be covered by the company.
    http://www.smyrepaircenter.com/

fishwater

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2015
    New Hampshire
    That's awesome, so glad to hear that. I have to say the more time I spend with my Mini the more I like it. I just picked up a Snow Wolf last week & IMO the Mini beats it in all areas. The SN pulses at almost any temp or wattage while the Mini is smooth as silk. The SN has a very boxy feeling in the hand while the Mini has the nice beveled edges. Quality seems at least as good as the SN, overall the more I use something else the more I appreciate my Mini.

Reactions: Fullknight

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    NC Foothills
    I picked up one a week ago after reading the favorable reviews. I wanted something compact to run a sub ohm tank on. Paired with a Tobeco Supertank Mini:

ZYSOAXg.jpg

I'm loving it so far... dropped it about 4 feet to the concrete at work and fortunately didn't even break the tank and the mod still works fine. Barely a scratch on the bottom corner of the mod. I couldn't believe that, thought for sure that display screen would be cracked or busted.

This is a great little compact cloud chucker. Size compared to my Reo:

RGuiM1l.jpg

fishwater

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2015
    New Hampshire
    I've been using mine in power mode lately to prepare myself for my Reo. I love the way it fits into my hand & while I find WV mode to be less efficient than TC I still find my battery life almost as good as my Snow Wolf running the same build. The SN doesn't have that much longer battery life to justify the size difference IMO. Whatever SMY is doing with this mod or whatever the chip is regulates very well & gives it excellent battery life, yet another win for SMY.

Reactions: chohan

Daniel Vaping

Unregistered Supplier
    May 1, 2015
    Las Vegas
    www.eightcig.com
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    One good thing with SMY they have a new service center right here in the states. The first one for vaping stuff that I heard about in the states. GROUND BREAKING!!!

I got off the phone earlier with the Rep and his going to get the authorization from SYM to do the repairs on my mini 60.

He said he puts in a new screen and all inners, so it will be all brand new except for the case. I told him how Angelcigs gave me the run around and then finally pushed me off. I got the impression he wasn't happy about that.
    Update

I've received my SMY 60 mini back from the repair center today. Been using it with no problem. The service center replaced the screen and circuit boards I put my UD Bellus in TC and Ti wire - 0.22 ohm 2.5 mm dual coil and it's super great.

service center -> Home

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread