audreyhepburn1.jpg

Autumn-PNG-HD.png

244036-Today-Is-A-Good-Day-To-Have-A-Great-Day-Cute-Quote.jpg

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    Good morning Atty :). And you can call me Kat. Ya don't have to spell out Katmar every time. It seems so formal!!
    Thank you. :)

It's not formality, per se. By way of explanation:
    When I first became a snail, I was confused between Katmar and Katya, etc. and people using "Kat". :blush:
    So the differentiation is only 2 or 3 more keystrokes (and Tweety is even longer! But I used that vs Katya)

So since I'm a touch typist, I just type KatMAR as long as I'm already typing "Kat". Because M A R is very common, almost like T H E or A N D and it's natural to type it. PLUS it helps for others reading the thread. I just adopted it as a "principal" born of my initial confusion, because I experienced it and haven't forgotten what it must be like for "newbies" lurking or joining the thread.

:)

(I think we had more Kat-prefixes way back then too.)

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Thank you. :)

It's not formality, per se. By way of explanation:
    When I first became a snail, I was confused between Katmar and Katya, etc. and people using "Kat". :blush:
    So the differentiation is only 2 or 3 more keystrokes (and Tweety is even longer! But I used that vs Katya)

So since I'm a touch typist, I just type KatMAR as long as I'm already typing "Kat". Because M A R is very common, almost like T H E or A N D and it's natural to type it. PLUS it helps for others reading the thread. I just adopted it as a "principal" born of my initial confusion, because I experienced it and haven't forgotten what it must be like for "newbies" lurking or joining the thread.

:)

(I think we had more Kat-prefixes way back then too.)
    k :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread