Snooty vaping hipsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
I don't mean to offend anyone, and I kind of went on a tangent about this in the e-liquid forum when I mentioned 100% vg juice so sorry if it is repetitive, but I thought I'd mention it here. We have a vape culture here that really bothers me. The epitome of it would be this downtown craft beer bar/vape lounge full of condescending hipsters dripping. Anyone who does not drip is inferior, and when I asked if they have any vg-only eliquid as I have a hard time with pg-containing liquids, the employee told me vg-only is only for dripping (is that a pretty widely held belief? I use 100% vg in my clearo and it clogs coils up quickly but hey, I prefer the vapor). I do not drip because I have a 1 year old son and do not want bottles of liquid sitting around. Also, I am vaping as a healthier and, for me, cheaper alternative to smoking, and I get dirty looks for having an ego-style battery (vision spinner 2 is it right now, getting back into vaping after reverting to smoking for a while). It's not about the way people choose to dress, or the fact that they like craft beer, it's the fact that they are "cooler" than anyone who chooses differently. I don't think I'll ever go back into that shop because of the attitude.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
The zip up hoodie, thin beard and straight brimmed hat crowd. Two of the three stores I visit are packed with these people. Luckily the shop I frequent the most is absolutely not like that.
I joined a Canadian Vapers group on Facebook the other day. I left today, it's just guys that all look the same posting video after video of themselves in their garages blowing huge clouds with their drippers. Nothing useful for me in that group. But hey, to each their own. But I could do without the condescending attitudes though. Like do you want my money or not? No I'm not dripping it. Why do you even care?

TheBerch

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Erie, PA
I have a shop here in my town I absolutely loved, until the day the store owner started allowing all these eleventeen yr old hipsters into her shop. Look I get it, they spend more of mommies and daddies money. And they have no bills or anything else to worry about, so they can spend all their parents money on vaping, while Im stuck with the few mods I own + tanks but I buy a ton of juice cause thats all I can afford.But hey, now I shop exclusively online, and if I had went through her to buy my M50 mini box mod + lemo I would of spent probably 150$ in her shop, and now I got it all for around 80$. So... yeah....

Also I do notice that almost every shop I go into, E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E drips. Me im packing a lemo, all the flavor tons of cloud and none of that untwisting a bottle and dropping a few drops in every 10 minutes. (Look I got nothing on drippers, I own a few including a tugboat myself) I just dont like the whole cliche which is forming with vapers now a days. Id almost at times rather be holding a cig, then the mean looks people give me when they see me holding my mini box mod.

Last edited:

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
It bothers me because my husband and I like to sometimes visit the bars around there, and the vaping hipsters are infiltrating.

I don't like that people who drip think they are superior to people who don't. If you think I am going to sit around and drop liquid on a coil every few minutes, I have better things to do. Plus, you know, I have a kid. I am not leaving bottles of liquid around. I don't have a ton of money, but I'd rather spend it on my son and my hobbies than big fancy setups and tons of liquid to burn through. No offense to anyone who has nice rigs, I just I don't have the kind of money to spend on much vaping gear and maintain the modest life I have at the same time. The huge devices, massive clouds and constant dripping just don't appeal to me.

Last edited:

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I saw a post on here earlier of a guy coming down on sub-ohmers because he said they were just showing off. Now I see you posting about sub-ohmers being disrespectful to you.

People just need to realize we're all vapers, we may do things differently, but we're all trying to improve our health. We like different things, and somethings work for some, and not for others. In the end we're all in this together, if we don't work together, we're all going to be screwed by government regulation soon. To each his own, as someone said earlier.

woody213

Moved On
Sep 26, 2014
Portsmouth Va
DjDavis: I believe he was speaking more on the people out there who say this is how its supposed to be done and if your not doing it this way your wrong and not cool. Vaping to some people have made it about cooler not healthier. I have met people who vape but never smoked nor ever used nic in their juice, and which actually complain about nic containing juice, who simply picked up a APV or what not cause it was cool, not because it's healthier or better. Which I have no problem with if they didnt have such an entitled air about them. Unfortunately for some of them these types of people generally tend to be hipsters and the hardcore, but not to hardcore, types. (Hardcore as in music). I know both types that are awesome people but there are arragont ones out there and it just seems that they are jumping on the E-Cig hobby faster.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. No one group owns vaping. It's a culture that is growing and expanding in many different ways.

If the places you visit have one type of vaper you do not identify with, visit some other place.

Judging others in this way is exactly what you are saying is bothersome to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: SissySpike

TheBerch

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Erie, PA
DjDavis: I believe he was speaking more on the people out there who say this is how its supposed to be done and if your not doing it this way your wrong and not cool. Vaping to some people have made it about cooler not healthier. I have met people who vape but never smoked nor ever used nic in their juice, and which actually complain about nic containing juice, who simply picked up a APV or what not cause it was cool, not because it's healthier or better. Which I have no problem with if they didnt have such an entitled air about them. Unfortunately for some of them these types of people generally tend to be hipsters and the hardcore, but not to hardcore, types. (Hardcore as in music). I know both types that are awesome people but there are arragont ones out there and it just seems that they are jumping on the E-Cig hobby faster.

I agree, I have a friend who has never smoked (occasional cigar) but never a long time smoker like I was once. He got into vaping as a hobby, cause he loves to build and tinker with electronics. Now he owns probably well over $1000 worth of mods, and probably the same amount with tanks. I dare not even mention how much he spent on all the extras, like cotton, wire, tool like pliers etc etc.

While I got into vaping to help me quit smoking, and the more I vaped the more I slowly weaned myself off the nicotine to the point I am at now which is 0mg NIC. Honestly I could toss away my vape and not think twice, but I just enjoy it and it taste mmmh mmmh good.

JXWw3tZl.jpg

(Above is currently what im vaping on, with my own made root beer ... mmmmm delicious)

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
My point was, we are all vapers, I don't get why some people think they're better than others because of what, how, or why they vape. I live in rural Oklahoma, so I haven't run into these types I guess. More vapers could be a positive thing for all of us, but not with the attitudes described by the OP. We have to work together, not against each other. Someone should tell these "hipsters" that.

Anyway, sorry the OP and others are having to deal with crap like this.

<- Gets off freedom loving, flag waving, unity soap box. :)

TheBerch

Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Erie, PA
One issue that I have with vapers, even being one myself and an ex smoker, is I ABSOLUTELY DETEST... DETEST when I am at a bar / restaurant and I see big CLOUDS forming over my head from douche bags thinking it cool to show everyone their cloud chasing skills in a public area. Its because of people like this, is why there are stabbings ... lol :facepalm:

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
Someday everyone will realize that there is nothing different about people who vape. We aren't a united coalition, a public service group, etc, etc. I have a lot of hobbies, and every single one of them is the same in this regard. There will always be elitists, snobs, noobs, nice people, etc. Stop worrying so much about other people, or what other people think, and just do what you do and be happy.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
i haven't seen anyone other than me who is vaping around here. there is a BM that i go to occasionally that has few people blow cloud in the store. i just take out my set up and blow cloud with them. not that i have set up mine for big cloud. all those kids are easy to get along with. they just want to belong and wants others understand them. if you show them what you got, they will show you what they have. and soon, everybody's friends. if there's some beer to go with it, providing they are over 21,, and few laugh, it's even better.if the place bothers, don't go. i had bad vibe with some other groups, but that's rare. when i was smoking, zippo tricks and smoke rings used to break the ice. i can still blow rings with vape and french inhale. so.. people asks me how they are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread