• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Snowed In

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
You boys and girls down South are just not used to this bitter cold weather and slick roads so don't take it lightly. I have been in snow in Dallas and Charlotte, and it was not pretty. People don't keep enough distance between cars and drive way too fast. In Dallas, the radio was warning people to be careful of cars flying off the exit and entrance ramps!

Even with our AWD vehicles and winter tires, you still have limited traction on slick roads. Clean off your windshields! It's a statement of the obvious, but I was travelling with one of my sales guys in NC when we got hit by snow. I almost fired him on the spot for driving off without cleaning his windshield. His wipers could not clean off the crust of ice, and it was impossible to see anything.

Dress warmly. The wind chill can get to you faster than you think. Cat litter works great in getting a car stuck in snow.

I am not trying to be condescending, but I would hate to lose fellow vapers to bad weather. You Southerners are literally out of your element with this crazy weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread