Snozzberry trashing my wick in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
I know that dark/sweet e-liquids tend to taste burnt more quickly, but with Snozzberry I get less than a day of use (one tank or so) before I can start detecting burnt flavours. It's not un-vapable, but it's not ideal. I don't mind changing the wick more often but every 12 hours is a bit much. This seems really quick to gunk up a wick so I am just wondering if others have had this experience.

I'm using a Siren rta, 1.5 ohms at 13W. Cotton bacon wick, kanthal 3mm coil.

Reactions: lboyerbp

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
It looks like there are a few different brands selling a juice they call "snozzberry"-- who makes the one are you using? (Not that I will necessarily be able to answer your question knowing this, but it helps for trying to figure out ingredients and/or if anyone else has had the same problem with the same juice!).

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
It looks like there are a few different brands selling a juice they call "snozzberry"-- who makes the one are you using? (Not that I will necessarily be able to answer your question knowing this, but it helps for trying to figure out ingredients and/or if anyone else has had the same problem with the same juice!).

Oh I didn't realize! I'm not sure of the brand but the bottle looks like this.

SnozzBerry E-Juice - Snozz Berry - 60ml | E-Liquids

Attachments

• snozzberry.jpg
    snozzberry.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 18

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Okay, apparently it's made by a company called "Murica," and I'm not having much luck finding the ingredients right now, but for their "Snozz Creme," I came across this review:
RBox_Border_Left_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

star2.gif
Flavor goes bad in tank too quick,
June 10, 2017
Reviewer: Paulie from NY
I am not sure if its the flavorings or the high VG.. but i have to change my wick on my kayfun mini v3 everyday or twice a day.. At first the flavor is good, it taste kind of like a raspberry razzle candy with some creaminess. Throat hit is kind of weak which is another thing I don't like. but what kills it for me is that the flavor takes a dive very quick and I get an almost burnt taste from the juice. I might just get rid of it.​

So it seems that there is an issue with the Snozz Creme, at least, for some. Too much sweetener in an e liquid can definitely gunk up coils quickly and cause a burnt taste, and high VG can also contribute if the wick/coil isn't able to absorb the liquid efficiently for the rate of vaping or the wattage used.

Of those issues, pretty much all you can really try is lowering wattage, and making sure you aren't chain vaping too strongly to see if that makes a difference ... or cutting your juice with more plain PG, possibly, but that will dilute the flavor, and is probably not a very useful idea unless it seems overflavored already.

I hope someone with direct experience can help more!

Reactions: Miramooke

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
Is it possible that the liquid is too thick and not wicking fast enough for a tank? Be interesting to know if it does the same in a rda.

I don't think it's liquid thickness, I think the bottle said 60/40. Maybe 70/30 but no higher. And it doesn't seem overly thick, and the wick saturated quickly when I was painty painting it. I vape frequently but I don't chain vape.

Last time I changed the wick, it wasn't even all that brown. It's been way grosser looking with other flavours before they ever tasted burnt. But the coil did look pretty gunky.

I guess it must be the liquid, I'll take it easy on the frequency and wattage and just replace the wick daily.

Does anyone know if a clapton coil is more or less likely to gunk? Or does it make no difference? Will higher/lower ohms make any difference? It's one of few e-liquids I really like so I'd like to make it work but I'm not going to be changing my wick twice a day for longer than a bottle lasts me, lemme tell ya.

Reactions: lboyerbp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread