So; Are the expensive juices really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desk1%

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Laughlin, NV
But equally, irrespective of how expensive a juice is, it's a bargain compared to smoking so people should just try whatever they like the look of :)

I understand that tobacco is 3-4 times the cost in the UK as the US so while this may be true for you, if I vaped a $1 a ml juice all day every day I'd be meeting if not exceeding the cost of the small cigars I used to smoke. I'm just wanting to find a nice-mellow-OMG-this is great-I love my couch. Kinda something to take the place of a Cohiba Black Honduran after a long week at work.

embee214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
hv ny
Luckily there is AEMSA, and I don't think I've seen it on any of the premiums other than Mountain Oak and a high-end like Mr. E-liquid. Here's a link to their members site MEMBERS | AEMSA and here's there standards STANDARDS | AEMSA I was going through one of the low end vendors but on the rare occurrence I required customer service it literally took weeks to resolve the issue.
While I appreciate that AEMSA exists, if you look at the membership fees you will reallize why so many small e-juice companies are not members. Per their website, it's $500 just to apply, $1500 for initial inspection, then $750+ monthly. Yikes. That's a lot of juice!

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
Wow! That makes it so primarily only the big tobacco companies that are getting into e cigs could join up-right? Or I should say that only vendor that would make sense

Depending on what the FDA decides, it maybe that way regardless. Even if they let the small Mom and Pops continue to operate the regulations, requirements and testing will cause more than a few to close their door. Enjoy some of your favorite juices while you can.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Now I have tried one of the MEL's and let me tell you it was amazing. While $0.50 a ml isn't all that bad it is a bit more than the $0.22-$0.33 a ml that suppliers such as MBV offer. What I'm wondering is; are the juices like: Standard, OMG, Jameson Irish Vape, Blueprint, AVE and Mad Murdoch really worth what they're asking? :confused::banana::vapor::banana:

Yes and no....I've tried highly touted and raved about expensive juice that was horrible....I've tried inexpensive juice that the vape snobs would never consider trying and found it to be wonderful....the opposite has been true as well...depends on the juice, the maker, your equipment, and mostly - your own palette. Some higher priced juices are nothing but hype...some are not and live up to the hype...some darn good juices that cost much less are great, but many people will assume they aren't very good based on their price point alone...what one likes and doesn't like is very subjective...your taste-buds may vary :)

desk1%

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Laughlin, NV
Depending on what the FDA decides, it maybe that way regardless. Even if they let the small Mom and Pops continue to operate the regulations, requirements and testing will cause more than a few to close their door. Enjoy some of your favorite juices while you can.

Fear mongering! Nothing more. There are fair priced vendors out there that have AEMSA certification. There is a time proven business principle of "You'l sell one to million before you sell a million to one."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread