So - are we getting it or are we not - nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddytk421

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
Texas
When I started vaping I used a nic strength over what is recommended. Once I got dizzy and sick I knew "That's the stuff" and reduced the dosage. I never felt that sickness from anything but my beloved copenhagen when I accidentally swallowed it or fell asleep with it in my mouth. I would say e-cigs work but you may need to push the limits to believe it like i do.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I don't see why not. Especially since WTA is now being sold by two vendors that I know of. However, some of the original people are no longer posting on the forum. TV, OTD, and Vaporer left the forum some time ago. I am quite familiar with the thread and WTA but am not much help on the chemistry subject. Go ahead and hook up the electrodes and give this thread a jolt. It will be interesting to see who joins in.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    I'm still here and very interested. The juice I usually vape, Vermont Vapor's Tobacco, has some degree of the other stuff in it, but I'd like more.

It is extremely unlikely that Vermont Vapor's liquid has any minor alkaloids. When they talk about tobacco extract they are talking about tobacco flavor, not WTA. I know this it is commonly mistaken for a true WTA extract and you are not the first to get a bit confused by the issue. I'm not saying it's bad liquid, just that it is not WTA. Vermont Vapor have rightfully made no claims that it is.

MikethePipe

ECF Veteran
    Mar 17, 2010
    Suffolk
    I'm the same as Phayah. I have been vaping now coming up to 3 years this March and it has NOT worked for me. I smoked over 50 RYO a day + i would smoke a pipe and a few cigars were all in my daily rotation, whatever took my fancy. I have been a heavy smoker for over 50 years and i doubt if i would/could ever totally kick the habit. Now i have cut down quite a lot by using my PV but i still smoke real tobacco daily. The PV just got added to my daily rotation and fill the gaps between my real fags or my pipe. When i am out among company of smokers, vaping is a waste of time and the real tobacco is the main dish on the menu. I have never had a buzz from nicotine but i know when i have had enough, i get the Hic-Cups. This is quite rare and normally only comes when clenching my pipe in my mouth, hogging into my Condor.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    I'm the same as Phayah. I have been vaping now coming up to 3 years this March and it has NOT worked for me. I smoked over 50 RYO a day + i would smoke a pipe and a few cigars were all in my daily rotation, whatever took my fancy. I have been a heavy smoker for over 50 years and i doubt if i would/could ever totally kick the habit. Now i have cut down quite a lot by using my PV but i still smoke real tobacco daily. The PV just got added to my daily rotation and fill the gaps between my real fags or my pipe. When i am out among company of smokers, vaping is a waste of time and the real tobacco is the main dish on the menu. I have never had a buzz from nicotine but i know when i have had enough, i get the Hic-Cups. This is quite rare and normally only comes when clenching my pipe in my mouth, hogging into my Condor.

I'm going to suggest some high octane tobacco in the form of snus. Not the US made camel but the real snus from Sweden. They make some extra strong brands that I couldn't touch, but you would likely do quite well with. Come on down to the smokeless section of the forum and say hello.

kumquat

ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2011
    USA
    It is extremely unlikely that Vermont Vapor's liquid has any minor alkaloids. When they talk about tobacco extract they are talking about tobacco flavor, not WTA. I know this it is commonly mistaken for a true WTA extract and you are not the first to get a bit confused by the issue. I'm not saying it's bad liquid, just that it is not WTA. Vermont Vapor have rightfully made no claims that it is.

All I can tell you is that I feel a notable difference vaping their niquid compared to "tobacco flavors" not made with actual tobacco at the same nic level. In fact, their juice is the only thing that's gotten me even halfway off analogs even though I might prefer flavors from other companies. Obviously, I have no idea what the chemical composition of the stuff is, but I know it gives me a degree of the edge down which I'm used to getting from analogs and crave and which the other ejuices have failed to provide. Maybe we could just ask them.

MikethePipe

ECF Veteran
    Mar 17, 2010
    Suffolk
    I'm going to suggest some high octane tobacco in the form of snus. Not the US made camel but the real snus from Sweden. They make some extra strong brands that I couldn't touch, but you would likely do quite well with. Come on down to the smokeless section of the forum and say hello.

Hi Stubby.
    I did try a bit of Swedish snus i got off a mate, but never kept with it...Maybe i will give it a proper try. OK will pop in the smokeless section later. Always willing to try out new things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread