• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So can you vape during bootcamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murdock Ruml

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
Sure you can. And here's the perfect PV to take.
482a84d9-16b4-0a67.jpg

M

Martö

Ahh the memories.. Back in 1993 BCT, you didn't have time for anything. eat work sleep but AIT well a little more liberal but no smoking unless you were prior service just getting a different MOS.

Until you figure out the bathroom wall access panel there is enough room to fit like 20 guys in it. There so happens to be a 3" pipe to stand on with a nice cinder block ledge about face height to stash cigs and butts.

So funny until one day the DI came roaming around yelling I smell smoke, who's smoking.. you could tell where he was going just by all the yelling. Up and down the rows into the bathroom flinging all the stall doors open (we all thought man we're dead meat he's gunna unlock the access panel and the whole frame and door is gunna fall off the wall but nope) out the bathroom up and down in the bathroom out the bathroom.. Couple guys managed to get out of the panel while he was near the front of the room. But everyone is all scared and moving about in the wall which caused the pipe brackets in the wall bust and the pipe drops like 5 inches. meanwhile the DI is still screaming and probably couldn't hear the thing break over his yelling. At this point it's like dude we're smoking, we're in the freaking wall, we've broke the plumbing, we've pulled the whole access door frame off the wall, and I'm sure it's flooding the downstairs doing untold damage to something.

No flooding so just a broke bracket thank god. who knows what would have happened when the dude came to fix the busted pipe.

3 of us smoked with the guys who were prior until the class instructor turned us in. I guess those fresh uniforms stand out too much. LOL, DI was pretty cool about it, just said if you do it don't get caught and don't let it happen again.

Those were the days

LeDean

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Tennessee
www.mountainoakvapors.com
I looked up Bootcamp rules and all tobacco products are strictly forbidden (cigs, chew, snuff etc...) but nowhere does it mention nicotine being forbidden. so i have a question for miltiary vapers, did you vape during bootcamp and was your drill instructor cool with it?

Definitely not. If pain is weakness leaving the body...prepare to be stronger than you've ever been. ;)

Note: They even took my Dentist-prescribed fluoride mouthwash from me.

Last edited:

SUPADUPA1

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
abq,nm
From my experience, (ft benning ga 2005) it is best to just go with the clothes on your back, a manila folder, your wallet and an empty backpack (for putting your stuff in once you go through cif).... all the stuff your recruiter told you to bring is useless because you are just going to have to lug it around with you as you move from reception to basic and mos training.. we didn't mail anything home when i was there but all items we brought were inspected and anything nicotine or tobacco related was off-limits and it was highly recommended you drop all contraband in the amnesty box or face the consequences... in ds speak.... it would behoove you to listen....

SUPADUPA1

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
abq,nm
i would love to be beside the guy who carried that pv into the ag unit ...ohhhhh it would be great..... the only thing that would come close is when one of my battles told the d.s. "you cant smoke a rock" during phase 1 of ait.... before that i guess he thought he was a rock .... there were 8 d.s.'s and the 1sg making sure his corrective training was more than adequate in adjusting his way of thinking.... it went on for 8 plus hours... he even bear crawled/ crab walked to the defac for pm chow.... the best part is that there was a diagnostic pt test the next day.... he failed it and for the next 2 weeks he was on 2 a day pt for remedial training....

RoC1909

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Sacramento
I went through Marine Corps boot camp in 1984, and it was pretty brutal back then. I remember my last smoke before boot camp. Myself, and about three others destined for boot camp, just got off the plane in San Diego and while walking through the terminal, I was having a cigarette. About three minutes later, we had this SSgt in our face telling us to get on the F'ing bus. Needless to say, I didn't feel like having a smoke for those three months.

Cherinny

Sep 10, 2012
New York, USA
We couldn't have anything. Ok I went to bootcamp over 20 years ago. (Army) We had a girl smoking in the fire escape stairs. Hmmm can we say blanket party. What ever a buddy does everyone is punished. My son just went through bootcamp a year ago. We went for his graduation. That is when I smoked and they had a smoking area for the parents. (Air Force). So all the smoking parents called it the smoking tree. The kids had no clue what we were all taking about. It was actually funny. He couldn't have coffee, or any soda, or energy drinks while he was with us. There was a kid caught getting coffee and this was a day before graduation. Well we didn't see him after that. I had to throw away my lighters and what cigs I had left. 8 weeks with no cig. Then when I graduated my parents came and my friends sent a care package for me with cigarettes on the bottom of the bag. Do not take anything with you!!!! You can have a cell phone. They were only allowed to use it a few times. Other than that the TI's had it locked in a box. I didn't have to worry about a cell phone we didn't have those back then. LOL Ok I will date myself when I went to AIT we met a cab driver with a car phone. It was a big box. All I had was a bag with one change of clothes and what I had from the list my recruiter gave me.

pman5kmo

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
United States
You won't be allowed anything that wasn't either a) issued ot you at CIF or b) purchased at the PX/BX under the watchful eyes of several drill instructors.
This is only based upon my own experience with Tanker OSUT training at Knox. Which sucked hard because my platoon's senior DI wife left him right at the beginning of our cycle.
We stayed in RED phase the entire 16 weeks. Imagine if your basic training was 16 weeks instead of 9 and you have a clue as to what life was like then.
But at least it taught us that in order to have what the other platoons around us were having we would have to learn to lie, cheat, and steal to get it. Thanks, Army. Good job there.

You're not going to have ANYTHING you like during boot camp, period. No chewing gum, no candy bars, nothing.

The first thing the entire lot of us at the airport in Louisville did on our way to our individual assignements? Buy a pack of smokes and get really sick.

and you don't really learn much either... other than that stuff lol. Basic is all a mindf$#@.... and PT... lots of PT.

and yeah OSUT sucks... I had 16 weeks, infantry-13, then BC2 training, then Airborne school, with the latter being the only one which had normal military school policies (BC2 was still considered AIT type training... and since it was sand hill...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread