So here's a stupid question - Aspire mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
So as the title says, here's a stupid question.

I've tended to steer clear of Aspire products since my SO's Vivi Nova S was an expensive leak factory that ate coils in mere hours, so I'm not up to date on all the latest and greatest. When the CF mods came out, I just went "eh, an oversized eGo with a carbon fiber wrap... not worth $50".

But they're not just a glorified eGo, are they?

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but the CF mod is basically a regulated mech mod with an eGo style button that takes an 18650 and the CF sub ohm is a high amp regulated mech mod with an internal Lipo with an eGo style button. Neither are variable, but contain all the "standard" safety features seen on basic VW boxes including a form of battery level notification, short protection, and button lock.

Other than one is 18650 and one is Lipo, what's the differences, and what advantages do they have over an eGo or like an MVP2?

Thanks in advance, and happy Memorial Day to all. :toast:

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I don't have one, but it is an unregulated mod with built-in protection. I don't think it will fire below .3 ohm. And it will turn off if the battery voltage gets too low. But otherwise, it works just like any other unregulated mod.

So its basically a mech mod for beginners. Definitely not an ego battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaulyWally

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
I've seen conflicting reports as to .3 vs .1 ohm capability.

Any opinions on which is "better" or which you prefer? I know there is also a VV version available, but much smaller mah battery.

And as far as I understood mech is no chips, regulated has a chip, variable has voltage/wattage/temp control. But still it's basically a mech for those of us that are afraid of blowing ourselves up. :thumb:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I have a CF Mod and am happy with it for 3 months now. It seems to fire .30 with no problem very nice working button---button turns orange when battery getting low
newmod.jpg

daveyp

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
BUFFALO
I have a CF Mod and am happy with it for 3 months now. It seems to fire .30 with no problem very nice working button---button turns orange when battery getting low View attachment 459371

Thinking about picking one of these up as a backup. My biggest dislike about mechs is not knowing my battery level. This seems to solve that problem and it's pretty cheap. Any other recommendations?

Reactions: thetrucker

PressPlayVape

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
CA
I have a CF Sub Ohm battery and it's ran fine with all of my different tanks and RDA's. I haven't tried a coil on it lower than .3 though so I couldn't speak to that. It really works just like any of my mech mods except with a button. I will say that with the same RDA on top of either the CF Sub Ohm or my SMPL, the SMPL seems to perform better. It does seem to have a small 'ramp up' time, very short, but noticeable. I haven't had any problems with it at all though in the couple months I've had it.

Reactions: thetrucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread