So how do I buy one? (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
If I were looking for a PP18650 or ELA, how would I go about ordering one? I've checked the site a few times over the last few months, and they aren't accepting preorders on the site anymore it seems, and while I do not stalk the website by any means, I am interested.....just busy. Do I sign up for a preorder via ECF? Does the process involve hours and hours of clicking page refresh? Do I need to stand on one foot and sing before running around my house wearing a chicken mask? Smoke(vapor) signals? I really hope these things aren't made out of unobtainium, because I'm not sure I can go through a massive rigamorol with my current responsibilities. I don't mind long lead times, I just can't do the whole website stalking anymore.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
LOL, I dont think attaining one of these warrants such dedicated actions:) Its just a matter of timing. The Precise Plus line is going to be slightly updated now that they can manufacture most of the parts in house. Super T needs to finish up a few projects to catch up and and start Precise Plus production.

ELA on the other hand was supposed to be a reg item on the Super T menu , but its not confirmed , but rumored to be produced eventually again. When the pre-orders went out, I as Im sure many others did, tried to "spread the word" but in my case ELA was not put on manys want list. As time got closer to the limited number , again, I tried to let people know that if they wanted one to make sure to look into it. Again, not much reaction. As it got to the last dozen, it really had no movement. I really think that those last couple dozen were bought by those that had already ordered.

Of course, as the first few started to get to their buyers and the first few reviews and buddies of those owners actually saw it, then the desperation and "need" started. If it comes back it will cost much more and come without all the "extras" . It certainly is an impressive piece, simple and extremely well made.

Just check for sales on the classifieds, for some its a tad heavy and wide. SOme collectors who got it will have other "must haves" , some ordered extras, just in case. Many have 2 (like me) or more and will not sell.

I hope they bring back ELA , I think its a wonderful item.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Nope not so far, like I said it is "rumored" with no confirmations by Super T. I would subscribe to the Official status thread as I would assume if and when they are produced again it will be announced with enough time to make sure people know. I know that they have a Facebook page and make announcements there.

Many of us here sort of keep an eye out for some and when we see any we contact those , again this is just a quirky thing some do as they are great people. I dont think the ELA was meant to be one of "those" mods that was purposely made to be a "unicorn" but it just happened. ITs so meticulously machined and the each part entails so much work on the machine and then there is that hand finishing and testing etc..... I honestly think that it was under priced and that they did not realized the man hours and machine hours needed to make each ELA. The bottom button alone is 5 (?) pieces?

In the middle of all that, they brought out the Simplicity line , 3 sizes, and special titanium editions etc. They brought out the Strata, the first Super T atomizer, so maybe too much ? On top of all that they will not accept anything but perfection and each ELA unit is assembled, tested etc by one person, Super Dave himself.

Im not trying to be vague, or make excuses for the situation, its what it is and I hope you get one and not have to "sign away your first born" :)

WIthout an official announcement all I can say is check the classifieds, check Facebook, and check in here once a week for updates.

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
Cool man. Thanks for letting me know what you know instead of saying something to the tune of "there's a whole forum of information here....why haven't you read it all before asking questions?" LOL. I hope I get one too. I was trying to get one a few months ago when a cheap Chinese unit I was using went kaput, but found that I needed something NOW instead of waiting for a preorder to be filled, as I was floating along without a parachute with a practically nonfuctioning mod. I settled for a pure smoker legacy, and believe me, I am not unsatisfied with the purchase, as it has been the best mod I've owned (or at least tied with my old reo).

Fast forward to a week ago, a friend of mine is about to break in to the world of vaping and he was looking to me for product endorsements. I was going to recommend a legacy or a precise plus, and low and behold pure smoker has closed up shop and super T has stopped taking preorders! And now I own a mod I can't get any more spare parts for! Survival mode has reared it's ugly head and now I feel like I need to get another mod "just in case." In case of what I'm not sure, but "just in case" nonetheless. I'm going to try to hold out for a precise plus 18650 as that mod has been on my want list for a very long time. I almost ordered an old school precise 3 years ago and I haven't stopped thinking about getting one since. The ELA looks totally awesome, and it would be nice to have one, but I have no need for telescoping mods, so I'm not sure I can justify the additional cost for an ELA especially when I've been thinking about the PP18650 for so long.

Zeybrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Ft. Gibson
If you know you are going to use 18650's, stick with the single tube designs like the PP and the Simplicity. As awesome as the ELA is in fit and finish... the locking mechanism leaves much to be desired in the area of voltage drop, but is very convenient and user friendly otherwise.

The ELA is very much a work horse and a regular vapor device, but for those looking for top notch electrical performance the other Super T models are the way to go and are very hard to match.

Bmannator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2013
Washington USA
The Simplicities are back in stock right now.. "In stock" being the keywords.. They might not be exactly what you wanted, but....
They're in stock!!! Same Super T quality...without the waiting for unspecified periods of time. It could be months before they're available again.. or you could wait...for an unspecified period of time

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
ca someone post a link to production status update thread? I can't seem to find one here. I am looking to add ELA and Simplicity to my collection and don't mind waiting. Just need to know where to look for updates.
Thanks

The 18350 and 18500 simplicity's are currently in stock. The 18650 just went out of stock in the last week or so.

The ELA is going to be a long wait. There is not ETA on those at the moment.

patorum

Jan 3, 2013
uk
  • Deleted by forcedfuel50
  • Reason: Wrong forum belongs in for sale/classified per ecf rules.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread