so i bit the bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I went out and bought the kangertech sub tank mini running it on my cloupor mini i didnt like how expensive it was but all in all im very satisfied whether u use the prebuilt or rda coil its f ing awesome i have been rockin it for a few days now blowin through juice like mad but i figure its bc of my ratio on pg/ vg which im about to switch up to 70vg 30 pg n see how that goes my local shop sell 60 pg 40 vg so idk how i can get more life outta it but i bout some vegetable glycerin and im cuttin all my 18 mg juice from my old evod down to 5.something it said i would like 3 but tryed that really killed my flavour but really i love this tank it CHUCKS some vapor

Reactions: gpjoe

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Nope. The ratio you use isn't the reason your juice budget doubled. Sub ohm vaping drinks juice... period. That said, the 70/30 ratio you moved to is about ideal for the stock OCC coils, insofar as wicking is concerned. I personally use max VG and dilute it with a few percent distilled water to match a 75/25 consistency.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
The subtank is hands-down the best all around sub-ohm tank IMO and a great value. Easy to fill, easy to see your juice, coils or RBA, decent capacity and good flavor and vapor. I use max VG in several of mine with the stock OCCs and really have to chain-vape them hard to get dry hits, though I admit I'm not pushing the wattage too high.

I have tried (and sold) a few Aspire Atlantis tanks, an Arctic tank, and a Delta II. For my money the Kanger tanks are the easiest to use and give me the performance I want...at least until the 'next best thing' appears. :)

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
I picked up the subtank mini a while back. Paid quite the premium price for it, but I saw it in a local shop and couldn't help myself. Regardless of being mercilessly overcharged it's hands down the best flavor from a tank I've ever had. The stock coils are fantastic, but I use the rba section exclusively. At least that way I can get up into the 0.8 - 1.2 ohm range to mitigate the juice consumption you mentioned. It's just so easy to rebuild, and fill, and the airflow is great for a tank.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nope. The ratio you use isn't the reason your juice budget doubled. Sub ohm vaping drinks juice... period.
^ This.

Running sub-ohm means you are heating the juice at a hotter temperature, thus vaporizing the e-liquid at a faster rate. More vapor production comes at a cost; the hotter the coil the more juice that is consumed.

A side benefit to the added vapor production is you are also going to inhale more nicotine per puff. Most sub-ohmers drop their nic level appropriately.

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
^ This.

Running sub-ohm means you are heating the juice at a hotter temperature, thus vaporizing the e-liquid at a faster rate. More vapor production comes at a cost; the hotter the coil the more juice that is consumed.

A side benefit to the added vapor production is you are also going to inhale more nicotine per puff. Most sub-ohmers drop their nic level appropriately.

Yea i went from an 18mg to a 3 bc i drip and bc the subtank i tryed a 12mg first day i got the subtank mini and it was still way to harsh skipped the 6 straight to 3 and i love it im using capn comet max vg from moon mountain i like it alot but the cost is a lil crazy so im goin back to bootleg vapors and getting som 70vg 30 pg juice i mean the 30 ml are under 10 bucks you can also get 80vg 20 pg but im womdering if im gonna saceifice flavor bc the 70pg 30vg has great flavor

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As an experiment, I once ordered one of my favorite flavors in both a 50/50 pg/vg ratio and 100% vg. Sampled side by side, to my tastebuds, I couldn't tell any difference in flavor. As higher pg sometimes results in too much throat hit for me, I tend to order e-liquids with all vg or a higher vg ratio when given the chance.

Reactions: JO3VAP3R

UncleMike

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2015
Nova Scotia
Cloupor Mini & Subtank Mini is what I've been using for a few months now and it's been working great. I pretty much only use the RBA section on my subtank so I can build the coils that suit me best. Typically .89 to 1.2 and this also helps a with juice comsumption. I also DIY my own juice so I have control over what flavors I like as well as the nic strength. Prior to the subtank I was using 8mg nic in my nautilus mini, but instantly dropped to 4mg nic when I picked up the subtank. It's a great combo and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Cloupor Mini & Subtank Mini is what I've been using for a few months now and it's been working great. I pretty much only use the RBA section on my subtank so I can build the coils that suit me best. Typically .89 to 1.2 and this also helps a with juice comsumption. I also DIY my own juice so I have control over what flavors I like as well as the nic strength. Prior to the subtank I was using 8mg nic in my nautilus mini, but instantly dropped to 4mg nic when I picked up the subtank. It's a great combo and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
Do you get dry hits on the rba as they call im using now and i keep getting a burnt taste its like the holes for juice to come in are to small and mine has one bigger than other

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
The subtank is hands-down the best all around sub-ohm tank IMO and a great value. Easy to fill, easy to see your juice, coils or RBA, decent capacity and good flavor and vapor. I use max VG in several of mine with the stock OCCs and really have to chain-vape them hard to get dry hits, though I admit I'm not pushing the wattage too high.

I have tried (and sold) a few Aspire Atlantis tanks, an Arctic tank, and a Delta II. For my money the Kanger tanks are the easiest to use and give me the performance I want...at least until the 'next best thing' appears. :)
For the price there is no better tank.

hambone0424

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I have had the Kanger ST mini a week now, it's nice. An yes it eats the juice, reguardless of the ratio. I'm probley going to grab a lemo 2 since I'm really more into building my own coils, that and I don't like spending $5 a pop for new heads
rip tripper on youtube shows you how to rebuild the occ coils im gonna watch the video today after work to see if it can be done

nickreese90

Apr 28, 2015
Kannapolis, NC
Is anyone else having the issue with the extra hot ejuice popping on your tongue when you take a draw? I have the Kanger SubTank Plus and I'm using only the 1.2ohm OCC coil on it and I'm getting juice pops into my mouth. While I don't see any issues with it, it burns like a ..... I'm not even using a Sigelei or anything high in power, I'm using a Maraxus with a 5000mAh 18650 battery, so I'm only pulling about 3.5V and 18ish Watts. It's a very strong hit and I like it, just wondering about the pops.

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
Is anyone else having the issue with the extra hot ejuice popping on your tongue when you take a draw? I have the Kanger SubTank Plus and I'm using only the 1.2ohm OCC coil on it and I'm getting juice pops into my mouth. While I don't see any issues with it, it burns like a ..... I'm not even using a Sigelei or anything high in power, I'm using a Maraxus with a 5000mAh 18650 battery, so I'm only pulling about 3.5V and 18ish Watts. It's a very strong hit and I like it, just wondering about the pops.

In my experience that's a lack of air flow at the beginning of the hit. Try starting your draw a split second before you hit that button. Popping violent enough to get juice in your mouth usually means a drop of juice has been super heated, forms a bubble, and like all bubbles, they pop. Having air flow over the coil as it's activated takes care of that issue for me.

Reactions: nickreese90

nickreese90

Apr 28, 2015
Kannapolis, NC
In my experience that's a lack of air flow at the beginning of the hit. Try starting your draw a split second before you hit that button. Popping violent enough to get juice in your mouth usually means a drop of juice has been super heated, forms a bubble, and like all bubbles, they pop. Having air flow over the coil as it's activated takes care of that issue for me.
Awesome, yeah I kinda got out of that habit since I haven't used my Mini Protank 3 in a while now. Idk its just hard for me to do that because I stay at full blast on airflow lol

UncleMike

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2015
Nova Scotia
The only times I get dry hits using the RBA on the subtank min is either when I've wicked it wrong (in a hurry) or if I've turned up the watts too high. Other than that it works great. My liquid is a 50/50 DIY and seems to wick fine as long as I take the time to wick my coil properly. I've heard higher VG juices (above 80%) can cause issues as the juice may not feed the wick fast enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread