• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

So I paid $30.00 for a 30 ml tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I don't know why I did it, actually I do. I wanted a great peanut butter vape. I love sweet and salty and was looking for a good peanut butter cup vape.

Orignally i went to the shop to get some Elders word by Kloud Panda, because I've been using Cold Turkey bonfire s'mores and it hit the spot. But they were sold out. So I tried every peanut butter in the place and nothing was hitting the sweet and salty.

Then out out came Kings Crown, The King.

While led it didn't have all the notes I was looking for, it had..... Something. Made by Suicide Bunny and the bottle looked sharp.

i ended up convinced, and now as I sit with it in front of me I enjoy it, but perhaps not 1.00/ml convinced. It's really good but I still find myself longing for cold turkey s'mores or kloud panda elders word.

Anyone else buy something they like but kind of regret?

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I don't think I could do that! I recently had an experience with this though. I bought a Tobeco Kayfun 4 Clone. I really liked it in the beginning, it never leaked, I wasn't getting dry hits, and the accessible deck was awesome. However, I just couldn't get rid of this weird chemically taste, even after thorough cleanings. After a while, the chemically taste went away but I noticed all the flavor (or lack thereof) went away too. I couldn't taste anything! So yeah, that was $40 I will regret but miss the ease of.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I know for me after being conditioned to paying 10.00 for a 30 from Juggie, I had a hard time paying 15 and then 20.00. 30 seemed unfathomable to me but I did it.

Can't you recoil the kayfun and wick it to get rid of the taste?

I hear ya. I won't pay more than $18.99 for a 30mL and thats when I'm treating myself to some Nicoticket. I usually pay $7.99-$10.

I've tried everything with that Kayfun. I rebuilt it 9 million times, boiled it at least 20 times, used a toothbrush and toothpaste. Ive tried every cleaning trick mentioned on this site and no such luck.

Stiles2

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Cullen Kin: See if any of your insulators are melting or warping a bit. It doesn't have to look burnt for it to throw off a nasty vape (tastes like what used motor oil would taste like - I would imagine anyway lol).

I was convinced that my istick was faulty but after going on a goggle spree it was suggested that the insulator on the kayfun was the culprit, and it was.

This might not apply to you but have a look at it, never know :)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I only bought juice one time last year and that was because it was 80% off. I think if you want to treat yourself to some expensive juice, that's great. If I had my choice. . . I'd rather have a pedicure.
girl_haha.gif

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I'd pay 50+ for a 30ml of actual decent peanut butter juice. Everything I've tried tastes like lysol with a few peanuts in it.

Have you tried PBC by Nicoticket? People are loving it... $18.99/30mL

Cullen Kin: See if any of your insulators are melting or warping a bit. It doesn't have to look burnt for it to throw off a nasty vape (tastes like what used motor oil would taste like - I would imagine anyway lol).

I was convinced that my istick was faulty but after going on a goggle spree it was suggested that the insulator on the kayfun was the culprit, and it was.

This might not apply to you but have a look at it, never know :)

I hadn't thought of that, I will check it out! Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Th
I don't think I could do that! I recently had an experience with this though. I bought a Tobeco Kayfun 4 Clone. I really liked it in the beginning, it never leaked, I wasn't getting dry hits, and the accessible deck was awesome. However, I just couldn't get rid of this weird chemically taste, even after thorough cleanings. After a while, the chemically taste went away but I noticed all the flavor (or lack thereof) went away too. I couldn't taste anything! So yeah, that was $40 I will regret but miss the ease of.

The KF4 tank rocks,keep it.

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
I'd pay 50+ for a 30ml of actual decent peanut butter juice. Everything I've tried tastes like lysol with a few peanuts in it.

Jugheads peanut butter cups used to be great for me, now that I'm sub ohm I'm not sure it'll taste the same but I will let you know.

It's really weird what a difference sub ohm makes on the flavor of juices, i find it funny that juices I used to love at 1.8 taste like crap on a 0.5. I adored Juggies strawberry shortcake forever and one night I got a bit of wild honey badger flavor in my sub ohm and now strawberry shortcake is dead to me.

Note I didn't own any WHB flavor and got it straight from the SS tank.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Jugheads peanut butter cups used to be great for me, now that I'm sub ohm I'm not sure it'll taste the same but I will let you know.

It's really weird what a difference sub ohm makes on the flavor of juices, i find it funny that juices I used to love at 1.8 taste like crap on a 0.5. I adored Juggies strawberry shortcake forever and one night I got a bit of wild honey badger flavor in my sub ohm and now strawberry shortcake is dead to me.

Note I didn't own any WHB flavor and got it straight from the SS tank.

Funnily I dont find the same. I find all the tastes of Jugheads I loved pre-ohm I CANT GET ENOUGH OF sub-ohm at 0.5. Maybe its less to do with going sub-ohm and just your taste buds changing? OR........I have 3-4 great set ups going at one time. I work in front of my iMac 24/7......I will answer people right away IF i am up so they are always on, right on my desk.
I mention that for each one is a different mod to the next. The only 2 close similarities I have are using 2 Delta ll tanks that seem to be great no matter the mod but the point is, I find his juice, or rather, my favourite ones taste different on EACH set up even if they are roughly at the same settings. There is just more going on then the wattage it is at. Obviously, my Kanger Sub Mini tanks when juice is in it, tastes a bit less fantastic than the Deltas, and so on.
Hence, I enjoy one juice in one set up, another in the second, a 3rd in the 3rd and so on......

So if I Vape one particular flavour on my delta at a lower ohm, higher heat, than lets say the Kangor, the taste never changes, I find BUT it will be more complex, deeper etc on the Delta at 0.5

Mabye your set ups have changed since then or maybe even just your taste?

Personally, I would not spend $30 on juice as i consider it to be a form of gauging. I know how little it costs to make. IF and/or when I have to spend $30 for 30mls, I go DIY in a heartbeat, which i will likely do anyhow although I would still always order 3-4 flavours from Jughead as I doubt i could ever even begin to be able to beat the 4 in particular i love, so i wouldnt try.
Have you ever tried his 'Kapt. Larrys Krunch" or his 'Gen. Guntz Vanilla/Custard" or his "Swedish Pastry" or his "Frankenvape?"

The first two ARE the crack ....... of Vape juice. At least IMHO :) The Second two, JUST a twinge less than crack :)

But that said, I do have a tendancy to over analayze everything lol

Some Random Guy

May 1, 2015
Calgary Canada
I got suckered into a $30 30ml bottle when I first bought my vape. And to be 100% honest it doesn't even taste that great. The smell it produces is what sold me on it, also not knowing that $30 was a ridiculous amount to spend on a 30ml bottle of juice. I won't be making that mistake again haha.

Not to mention it's an 18mg nic, and I dropped to 6 and then to 3 the next day haha.

So yeah it's sitting there on my shelf collecting dust with just a mere 2ml missing. My brothers buddy smokes 18mg so he said he'd pick up a couple $5 - 10ml bottles for me if I trade it to him so it's not a complete waste I suppose.

Reactions: ShelaghDB

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I am with Vapenstein on that one but afraid I can tell you a worse story about being taken by someone in the community here in Canada.

I was buying juice, not even good juice I might add but I was too new to know better, at $20 for 30mls which in retrospect would not be worth $10 but I digress. I paid $20 for 2 and for $50 got 3. So 90 mls for $50. Ok, that's not the story but thats what I paid not knowing any better and although I consider that high, I wasnt being gauged.
But the store broke away from its parent company and decided to bring in juice they could charge $30 + for....... Buyer beware. I didnt know where else to go + I was new to Vaping so I called the store and they were completely out so I had no choice but to call the parent company which was a few provinces away from me.
I told them, understanding that I didn't know better, that I got 3 bottles for $50 and what could they do..........Yes, I kid you not, they offered to send me 9 bottles for $150 + tax + $20 shipping, which works out to 270 ml only. I paid, a few dollars short of $200. I didnt know what to do.........You would have thought that JUST MAYBE they might have said, hey, how about we do a bulk order, or give u a deal.......but they even had the audacity to charge me $20 shipping for 9 x 30 ml bottles which I paid just under $200 for. :)

I then somehow found my way to Jugheads and suddenly a WHOLE other world opened up.
None of the juice I had vaped from that $200 order tasted even remotely as good as Jugheads. In fact I would say it was lucky if it was 5% as good as Jugheads ;)

I dont know if i would have remained Vaping if I hadn't lucked into Jugheads and discovered what I did for when I did, it then snowballed. It would take too long of a post to explain what a bad experience I had from the beginning, before I knew what I was doing. It only fully ended weeks ago when I finally learned how to rebuild.
I am half responsible for a horrible beginning Vape experience. I never knew there was a community of Vapers. I never went to the web to discuss cigarettes, nor having the odd glass of red wine. So it never occurred to me to look on the internet for info. Had I found a group such as this forum in the beginning + Jughead, it would have been a far better experience.
I lay the other half of the blame on just dumb luck and the inexperience to know who to trust and listen to.
My absolute frustration peaked about 2 months ago, perhaps when I had listened to the wrong people and felt pretty stressed learning to rebuild.
Much of that stress came out with a thread I started somewhere on this forum asking for help on how to rebuild.
I was fortunate in having some very good people in this forum offer their advice for asking in various FaceBook groups I had encountered some pretty arrogant, superiority driven, braggart type individuals and was this close to packing it in for good.
But at the same time I came here and got help for the first time from decent Vapers, I came across JUGHEADS juice.

And the whole vaping experience opened up. But until I came here and ordered Jugheads juice I didnt know anyone that Vaped so I didnt have the luxury of friends that could show me and everything explained was theory without practice. People have a tendancy to say watch You Tube videos but in the beginning, I didnt find any of them helpful ;)
But hee I found a forum whereby people really did want to help and didnt have ulterior motives nor passed judgment.

In any event, thats 1/2 of my horror newbie story but I am extremely grateful for Jugheads Juice for not only making, in my opinion, the most incredible Kapt. Krunch in existence (amongts others), but being very decent people and who this community for the most part represents, and offering extremely fair prices. Without discovering Jughead and from that snowballing into everything else, I believe I would either have gone back to smoking indefinitely so turned off by what I had encountered, or at the very least not come back for some time.

Now I have been free of cigarettes again for about 3 months and am now in control of what I am doing and am no longer at the whim of childish Facebook Vaping groups and/or very highschoolish cliquish behaviour and the poor advice and/or judgmental comments that seems to flourish in such groups. Reddit is another one I find like that but never once in this forum....far too many that thrive on rude behaviour......so along with ECF and Jughead (the owners themselves) I am a very grateful Vaper today! I only hope others new to it are fortunate enough to find their way here first, as well as to other Juice manufacturers in their own country that are decent people and here to help and share, rather than to simply gouge people and/or take advantage or offer rudeness to those new to Vaping. :)

PS:
Sorry a bit long. No need to read, just pass on by if its too long and/or it doesn't iinterest you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread