So my co-worker almost turned into "that guy" yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
You know, that guy who swears he knows what he's doing with safety and builds stupid low resistances on his mods? You know, that guy who ruins it for everyone??

I caught this boy running a .08 on his switch box mod (has parallel and series capabilities.) Guess which switch was turned on?

Got VERY close to venting his batteries. If it wasn't for me noticing, we would've seen another guy on the news who got his face blown off because he didn't pay attention to safety. people, people... It's not hard!! Just do your research. Even .08 on parallel mode isn't completely safe either.

/rantoff

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
It's sad really. I'm all for pushing the boundaries of what is possible if it wasn't for those people pushing the boundaries we wouldn't have the hardware we have now. So as long as you know what you are doing I say push the limits but don't ruin vaping for the rest of us by not using the very best hardware available. Me personally I don't build any lower than. .3 on anything

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
You know, that guy who swears he knows what he's doing with safety and builds stupid low resistances on his mods? You know, that guy who ruins it for everyone??

I caught this boy running a .08 on his switch box mod (has parallel and series capabilities.) Guess which switch was turned on?

Got VERY close to venting his batteries. If it wasn't for me noticing, we would've seen another guy on the news who got his face blown off because he didn't pay attention to safety. people, people... It's not hard!! Just do your research. Even .08 on parallel mode isn't completely safe either.

/rantoff

soooo, he was about to take a toke at 800 watts ?

hiya0412

Mar 23, 2015
Charlottesville, va
Guess what he's gonna say to the media after he blows the mod up? "These things are dangerous. People should know about it." No, YOU should have known about it! Mech mods are dangerous if without proper knowledge! ...Not that i'm not using it, but hey. I do my homework and stay safe, not going under .4 ohms even with 30A battery.

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
Idk if "experiance" is going to help anybody who is running 0.0x builds on a mech.
Even with "the right" batteries, it's pushing it to the limit.
I might piss some people off, but who is dumber, the guy who simply doesnt know anything about Ohms law and battery safety or the one who does and still decides to run a build at 35+ amps?

Last edited:

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
Idk if "experiance" is going to help anybody who is running 0.0x builds on a mech.
Even with "the right" batteries, it's pushing it to the limit.
I might piss some people off, but who is dumber, the guy who simply doesnt know anything about Ohms law and battery safety or the one who does and still decides to run a build at 35+ amps?

Definitely a fair point to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread