Status
Not open for further replies.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
...looks like a (OTHER STUFF) pipe! Especially the mvp with the mega aerotank. She was very embarrassed that I was using it outside a restaurant yesterday while we were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive.

She wants me to get a cigalike. I said no way!

I think I should get a mech mod that looks like a pipe bomb just to really freak her out!

Get a Manhattan.. ;)

emily n portland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
portland, OR, USA
vaping is really not that popular Portland. Unless you're in a trendy younger neighborhood it is pretty rare to see other vapers. I take public transit and walk everywhere ... And vape everywhere outdoors. At work, I usually vape in the smoking area of a super nice hotel and along a busy bike/walk trail.

When I first started vaping at work with the smokers there were several smart comments about what exactly I was inhaling, but I didn't think any of them were serious.

I have had one stranger give me evil death glares, I assumed he thought I was doing other stuff. (Cracked me up, as I was standing on company property with my badge on and everything.)

One person downtown hopefully asked if it was other stuff, and was bummed it was just nic

One smoker made ignorant, but not mean, comments regarding the safety of vaping. I provided her with facts.

I would estimate at least 50 people have approached me with "hey, is that an ecig?" Conversation ensued. People of all age groups and walks of life.

A smoker at work the other day did say of my blue metallic reo "Oh I liked the other one (itaste w/protank) better, it looked more elegant". In fact none of my smoker friends much like the looks of the reos. As they're all smokers, clearly their taste is terrible. :p

I find it hard to fathom the comments some of you have to deal with. Good luck and vape on. :vapor:

AciDeX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've had that happen one time at a 7-11 where the cashier saw my vape pen and said "you know those are worse than cigarettes,They actually have anti-freeze and they're killing you" and smirked & laughed at me in extremely arrogant fashion. He wasn't even saying it to "help" or "save" me but he was saying like he thought I was stupid. I was do dumb-founded that someone would say something like that to someone he doesn't even know I couldn't even make a remark back.I totally understand why people hide it or want to be stealthy. Its gets very tiring very fast explaining vaping to everyone. Hopefully soon it'll get more well know and we won't feel like outcasts for trying to break ourselves free from cigarettes.
That same situation happened to me at my restaurant one night we were getting ready to close and some of the regulars were stepping outside for a smoke. One of them asked if i had a cig and I showed her my twist/evod and said "sorry two weeks smoke free". She went on and on about antifreeze, and cancer, blah blah blah. It got really old quick, just about everyone i know has been supportive. And now I'm six months smoke free!

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
A smoker at work the other day did say of my blue metallic reo "Oh I liked the other one (itaste w/protank) better, it looked more elegant". In fact none of my smoker friends much like the looks of the reos. As they're all smokers, clearly their taste is terrible. :p

Blasphemy! Reos trump cigarettes in elegance times a hundred.

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
LOL all these stories are so fun. When I'm at work and the bars guys will come up (like cooks and bouncers) and ever so hopefully ask "Is there **** in there?!" Ahh no sorry, it's RAZ CUP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But what really ticked me off was the CNA asking all the questions they ask before you go in and see your doctor at my last check up. I guess my primary had put in the system that I switched to e-cigs now, and even though she told me to "try and cut down a few e-cigs each day" :facepalm: otherwise she was supportive. So fast forward months later in my gynos office (their computer systems are tied together) the CNA is like "Okay last year you were smoking 8 years, so now it's 9." Umm, no lady, I'm not smoking anything!!! She's like "oh we just had this battle with my mother in law, she thinks she's quit but it's still just as bad for you." Man I wanted to go nuts on her but for the sake of the five other people in the pre-screen area, I didn't. :mad:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
But what really ticked me off was the CNA asking all the questions they ask before you go in and see your doctor at my last check up. I guess my primary had put in the system that I switched to e-cigs now, and even though she told me to "try and cut down a few e-cigs each day" :facepalm: otherwise she was supportive. So fast forward months later in my gynos office (their computer systems are tied together) the CNA is like "Okay last year you were smoking 8 years, so now it's 9." Umm, no lady, I'm not smoking anything!!! She's like "oh we just had this battle with my mother in law, she thinks she's quit but it's still just as bad for you." Man I wanted to go nuts on her but for the sake of the five other people in the pre-screen area, I didn't. :mad:
Ah! so you get that interrogation stuff in the US too?
I hate it! They have these computerised check lists, ask lots of questions, and if the numbers add up wrong, they try to push pills at you! Now some of those really are bad for you! ;)
...anyway, we have a nurse practitioner that I see two/three times each year, and she was delighted when she asked me last February how many a day I smoke, and I answered 'none'. She did a double take as she's known me 20 years, and when I explained, she was very pleased - nothing negative at all.

When it comes to doctors, I'm a rebel ..can you tell :rolleyes:

Snugglepooter

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Upstate NY
LOL all these stories are so fun. When I'm at work and the bars guys will come up (like cooks and bouncers) and ever so hopefully ask "Is there **** in there?!" Ahh no sorry, it's RAZ CUP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So... what? Use fewer mods in your daily rotation? I don't get it.

To the OP - tell your mom you don't want to use a cigalike because you would look like you are SMOKING, which you also don't do...

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA

Hmmm, so a few is what? 3 or 4? possibly 5? So, you run 6ml tanks 3-5 of those = 18 to 30 ml per day. Great plan doc. haha

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Hmmm, so a few is what? 3 or 4? possibly 5? So, you run 6ml tanks 3-5 of those = 18 to 30 ml per day. Great plan doc. haha

LOL right? It's not like cigs, obviously, I don't smoke 10 e-cigs a day :lol: :lol: :lol: but I didn't bother explaining..

The end to my other story was, when my gyno walked in, I told her I'm a NONSMOKER now. She was delighted and changed it in the computer. So I'm just going to leave it at that.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Why thank you kind sir! I think I stole it from Glow. :D

No theft involved! Smober is for everyone, Big Tobacco be hanged! I am smober for over a year and sober for over 30 years. That's a lot of booze and cigarettes that are not being consumed by this grateful vaper!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
No calls from da mom today. Yesterday I told her to try to deal with it and be glad I finally quit smoking. She's a retired nurse practitioner so her only concern before seeing the e cigs is that I don't blow myself up.

We won't show her the new Segelei 100w, lol! I won't have it anyway before she goes back to Florida :D

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
No calls from da mom today. Yesterday I told her to try to deal with it and be glad I finally quit smoking. She's a retired nurse practitioner so her only concern before seeing the e cigs is that I don't blow myself up.

We won't show her the new Segelei 100w, lol! I won't have it anyway before she goes back to Florida :D

You should show her the pics of some of the collections people have around here. They are huge! It will just cause her more angst but sometimes that's just what a daughter has to do!

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
What the media has done to compound ignorance astounds me.

Yes yes yes!

At work last night we were outside vaping with the smokers (I still love my smoking buddies but most of my work has converted) and this girl comes out and she's like "I'm almost quit smoking but I'll NEVER do that vaping thing." She said a friend of a friend of a friend got sick off "the ingredients in it." I asked how he got sick (bronchitis? allergic reaction? or what?) and she didn't even know :facepalm:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
...looks like a (OTHER STUFF) pipe! Especially the mvp with the mega aerotank. She was very embarrassed that I was using it outside a restaurant yesterday while we were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive.

She wants me to get a cigalike. I said no way!

Precisely why I bought a Joyetech eRoll, they are fantastic for out and about, hit hard, and look classy and non chalant like a iPhone (many people think it's an iPhone til I tell them.)

I use them on errands, I use them if I have to go to a wedding or other function where I want something discreet and classy to slip into my purse. You know, I'm out with the gal pals, or dressed up and don't want to whip out a big honkin' "mod". There really are situations where different types of ecigs just work better......that is why it pays to have a few different designs. :)

There is an 85 page topic on eRolls here, check it out. I am an advanced vaper, have big mods and such, but I still love my little eRoll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread