Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Apparently I am one of the rare people who are fortunate enough not to receive any major crap from anyone about vaping. A little bit of background since I am new to this sub-forum: I am 22 years old (4 year ex-smoker) and I have been vaping since mid-May ('14) and have been smober [emoji4] since June 4 (older sisters birthday, since was my biggest supporter to quit who didn't nag and the dates lined up pretty well). I also started working at my local B&M mid-June thanks to sisters' boyfriend who works there and got me set up with my MVP2. He even loaned me one of his mechs and rdas to learn on about 3 weeks ago.

Anyways, my parents and very old fashioned grandma (who I live with) have absolutely no problem with me vaping and have never even gotten onto me about vaping in their houses (besides the one time gma had a bad reaction to the vapor from a particular juice, and I immeadiately stopped using that flavor around her). I guess they are just stoked to see me off of the cancer sticks. I am more of a homebody and hardly go out in public, and I have never vaped inside any public place (except in a movie theater on a date, there were only two old ladies and they left about 5 minutes into 22 Jump Street), but when I am outside or in my car I blow clouds, especially on the mech [emoji6]. Most people don't even give me a second look, even when my car gets foggy when my windows are up.

When I see a cop while driving, the rebellious 20-something inside of me grabs my mod (if not already in hand) and makes sure to chuck clouds to see if I will get any reaction. I have never noticed any funny looks or been stopped though. Living in rural NC (argueably the tobacco capital of America), you would think they would be considered taboo, but I suppose not.

The funniest story I have, is the time I pulled into a gas station down the road, and getting back into my car I started to soak my wicks. The people behind me were buying some dutches or white owls (I am sure most know the primary use for those -_-), so I figured they would appreciate a major cloud. As they got into their car I took a huge lung hit and chucked the cloud out the window. Everyone in the car was like D*mmmmmn, and I just grinned. I was like "Milk n Honey e-juice" which is what I was vaping on that day.

I suppose I will end this reply because it is getting rather lengthy, but I would like to note I placed my first order from NT and I am stoked to try it! Also, I apparently love to use and abuse parenthesis (spelling?), so I appologize if it is hard to read with all my pauses for explinations. Looking forward to spending much more time on the sub-forum and thanks for reading!

LMAO - classic story!! Thanks so much for sharing, enjoyed the read. Spittin' dragon clouds at the local convenience store is a new national past-time ;)

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Glad you found your nirvana Debbie :) i switched to a REO ("advanced" they call it) because I'm lazy, funny enough :D

Not nirvana, just too damned busy, is all. Heard the Reo term tossed around quite a bit, but have no clue what it is, what it can do, etc. :blink: I've tried reading about other methods of vaping out of curiosity, when I've got a few minutes to kill, but when people start talking about rebuilding (special wire, various wicks, mesh, drilling out air holes :ohmy: ), I tune right out. LMAO!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Not nirvana, just too damned busy, is all. Heard the Reo term tossed around quite a bit, but have no clue what it is, what it can do, etc. :blink: I've tried reading about other methods of vaping out of curiosity, when I've got a few minutes to kill, but when people start talking about rebuilding (special wire, various wicks, mesh, drilling out air holes :ohmy: ), I tune right out. LMAO!

I hear ya - rebuilding actually takes like 5-10 minutes, but learning to do so can take a bit longer. It sends flavor through the roof and one can save a ton of money. but I'm a firm believer that if you're content with what you've got - stick with it. I rebuilt a PT2 to experiment and once I hit my own coil and my own cotton wick I can't do stock coils anymore, so I had to move forward with it (and landed on REO). but I was kind of struggling to stay off cigs at first and wasn't totally content, that's why.

You ever heard of The Silent Barn by chance? I played a show there once. think it may have closed down.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009

Anyone, IMO, who has good luck with non-Rebuildable tanks (clearos, Cartos, ect), I'd call lucky. I've tried many of those tanks. Protanks, the nautilus, even some EVODs. Every single time I run into so many issues with them that I just end up throwing them away. They'll leak, or stop vaping correctly. My Protank 2 will work on a brand new coil for about five hours then vaping it is like sucking through a straw.
    The only tanks I've had good luck with are rebuildables. My Kayfun light is the best one I've ever owned.
    I just wish I could have as good a luck with some clearos as other folks, they have a place in my life, but I've never been able to keep one around.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Anyone, IMO, who has good luck with non-Rebuildable tanks (clearos, Cartos, ect), I'd call lucky. I've tried many of those tanks. Protanks, the nautilus, even some EVODs. Every single time I run into so many issues with them that I just end up throwing them away. They'll leak, or stop vaping correctly. My Protank 2 will work on a brand new coil for about five hours then vaping it is like sucking through a straw.
    The only tanks I've had good luck with are rebuildables. My Kayfun light is the best one I've ever owned.
    I just wish I could have as good a luck with some clearos as other folks, they have a place in my life, but I've never been able to keep one around.

yeah but the honest truth, I don't think you can get the same flavor or vapor out of those stockies as you do on your rebuildables. so it's luck for Debbie perhaps, and that's GREAT - if content, stay content, lucky or not. BUT, now that you've experienced the world of rebuilding, I highly doubt you could pallette the stock stuff if you suddenly had good luck with those tanks.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Silent Barn

Looks like a fun spot.

it was loads of fun. I actually hate NYC (all cities--NYC is the second coolest I've been to so i'm not bashing it specifically) but had a total blast that night. the music is just HOPPING in NYC, and that was a really fun, laid back atmosphere and if anyone ever has the chance to go to a show there, I highly recommend it!

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    AZ
    I hear ya - rebuilding actually takes like 5-10 minutes, but learning to do so can take a bit longer. It sends flavor through the roof and one can save a ton of money. but I'm a firm believer that if you're content with what you've got - stick with it. I rebuilt a PT2 to experiment and once I hit my own coil and my own cotton wick I can't do stock coils anymore, so I had to move forward with it (and landed on REO). but I was kind of struggling to stay off cigs at first and wasn't totally content, that's why.
    When I wrap coils, I do about 20 at a time - saves time later when I rebuild. Pop the old coil off, put a new pre-wrapped coil on and wick it, done!

I agree with you though, about sticking with whatever works for you. If somebody's happy with cigalikes, or eGo batteries and a CE4 clearo or whatever, more power to them! As long as it keeps them from smoking, it's a win. They weren't doing the trick for me, so I moved on and finally found the REO - and now I have just about zero interest in any other mods. I've considered a DNA30, but it would have to be a bottom feeder because I'm not going back to tanks and dripping is too much of a PITA when I'm on the go. If Rob ever designs a DNA30/50 REO, I'll be all in!!!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    When I wrap coils, I do about 20 at a time - saves time later when I rebuild. Pop the old coil off, put a new pre-wrapped coil on and wick it, done!

I agree with you though, about sticking with whatever works for you. If somebody's happy with cigalikes, or eGo batteries and a CE4 clearo or whatever, more power to them! As long as it keeps them from smoking, it's a win. They weren't doing the trick for me, so I moved on and finally found the REO - and now I have just about zero interest in any other mods. I've considered a DNA30, but it would have to be a bottom feeder because I'm not going back to tanks and dripping is too much of a PITA when I'm on the go. If Rob ever designs a DNA30/50 REO, I'll be all in!!!

Sounds like we're pretty much in the same boat brother :)

I'm intrigued by pre-wrapping coils. it is ingenius. how do you store them safely? I want to do that as I'm not always in the mood to rebuild coils but discover I need to. Other times I find it fun and wouldn't mind doing a bunch at once.

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    AZ
    Sounds like we're pretty much in the same boat brother :)

I'm intrigued by pre-wrapping coils. it is ingenius. how do you store them safely? I want to do that as I'm not always in the mood to rebuild coils but discover I need to. Other times I find it fun and wouldn't mind doing a bunch at once.
    I just put them in a little clear plastic container about the size of a 35mm film canister and store them with the rest of my vape stuff in a Plano tackle box. They don't get jostled around much so they're perfectly safe in there. If you wanted to get fancy, you could do something like line the inside of a plastic 18650 battery carrier with foam on the top and bottom and lay them neatly in there, but I haven't seen the need to make it any more involved than what I'm currently using. :)

Yeah, I figure once I have all the supplies and gear out, I might as well make it worth my while and crank a bunch of them out so I don't have to deal with it when I'm pressed for time or not in the mood.

glowplug

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2013
    Lakewood, CO USA

Currently I have 4 setups going: Vamo with PT Aero Mega, ZMax with Nautilus, Reo with rm2 and the MVP with my Kayfun. They two tanks are getting very finicky right now and I am frustrated. I probably need to put in new heads, but dang it, they shouldn't be dead yet so of course I just keep fighting with them. Even the Kayfun has decided to give me some dry hits after vaping like a champ for a day. So, I need to fuss with those.

The Reo was a bit harsh earlier today. I removed the old wick, cleaned it up a bit and dry burned. New wick and the total time investment was about 5 minutes. This included topping off the bottle. Works perfectly. This wick will probably last a few days or more. The Reo is my simplest, best device. I cannot get clearos to work consistently. I cannot get the Reo to mess up! I get very frustrated very easily and I need something that just plain WORKS! Thank God for the gift of the Reo. It is my go to for every frustrating situation. I can trust it!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Currently I have 4 setups going: Vamo with PT Aero Mega, ZMax with Nautilus, Reo with rm2 and the MVP with my Kayfun. They two tanks are getting very finicky right now and I am frustrated. I probably need to put in new heads, but dang it, they shouldn't be dead yet so of course I just keep fighting with them. Even the Kayfun has decided to give me some dry hits after vaping like a champ for a day. So, I need to fuss with those.

The Reo was a bit harsh earlier today. I removed the old wick, cleaned it up a bit and dry burned. New wick and the total time investment was about 5 minutes. This included topping off the bottle. Works perfectly. This wick will probably last a few days or more. The Reo is my simplest, best device. I cannot get clearos to work consistently. I cannot get the Reo to mess up! I get very frustrated very easily and I need something that just plain WORKS! Thank God for the gift of the Reo. It is my go to for every frustrating situation. I can trust it!

Exactly. Others can chase flavor or vapor or whatever they want, go for it - I'm pledged to the REO as I'm pledged to NT. Why? It works great--always :)

May put on a hot dog hat and pull an office space on the KFL, then post it to youtube and see if sloth goes viral :laugh:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I must be the worst coil builder ever, lol! My first Reo coil was 9 wraps on a 5/64" bit and came to a whopping 2.1ohms.

I've since used 8 wraps on a 1/16" bit twice now and both times got 1.2 ohms. They were supposed to be 1.0 ohm.

So tonight I built the kayfun. Wanted something between 1.5-2.0 ohms so I could use the MVP. Went back to the 5/64" bit and did 8 wraps...and got 1.2 ohm. So...9 wraps got me 2.1 but an 8/7 gets me 1.2!

I suck, lol!

I'm the wicking guru though on that rm2. 3 wicks in a row now that can give me 15+ long hits per squonk.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    you using long tails wrapped around the posts?

No. Did that on wick one. It was alright, but there was danger of dry hits. Now I'm cutting it very close to the coil on the squonk hole side, and just touching the deck on the other side. I'm also using a bit more rayon than suggested. I can set it down and leave it for awhile and still hit it without squonking. Dry hits don't seem to exist anymore.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    No. Did that on wick one. It was alright, but there was danger of dry hits. Now I'm cutting it very close to the coil on the squonk hole side, and just touching the deck on the other side. I'm also using a bit more rayon than suggested. I can set it down and leave it for awhile and still hit it without squonking. Dry hits don't seem to exist anymore.

that's how I roll too :2cool: :vapor:

I don't usually get that many hits before needing to squonk though...sounds like some rayon magic is at work :)

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    that's how I roll too :2cool: :vapor:

I don't usually get that many hits before needing to squonk though...sounds like some rayon magic is at work :)

The funny part is my second wick had me scared of using the Reo! Dry hits nonstop! Since then its been like a whole different device. Talk about getting to be lazy :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread