So what are the stockpiling strategies in light of an uncertain future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
I went online and ordered a modest amount of hardware last night (and eliquid for GF.) I won't need the hardware quite awhile, but I wanted to get ahead of this.

I did notice that some items I wanted were sold out, namely a starter kit, and replacement coils of a specific resistance, so I'll have to check back and grab when/if available. I'm wondering if others are a little ahead of me.

I plan to add a few items monthly in addition to my normal maintenance orders. I didn't order nic or base, because I have a pretty good supply, but I do plan on buying more soon. I have to space these orders out, my budget does not permit me to order too much at once.

I realize that there is a risk in ordering a bunch of today's technology when in 2 years, if nothing happens, I'll be stuck with it. OTOH I'm still using the same vape equipment I started with 2 years ago, and I'm perfectly happy with it.

So, what are other doing? Not worrying? Panicking? Somewhere in between?

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I do not think the industry will go away quietly, nonetheless I'm in a buying mode. Chicago is instituting a 25% tax on all liquids and associated equipment, so I'm just making sure I'm in under the wire. I was going to buy 500ml of Nude Nicotine Armor today but will be doing so by the 3rd...hopefully the check will hit my bank account by then. When I get to around 1.5L, I'll quit buying Nude Nicotine and start to buy flavors, box mods, coils, ...anything that has a decent longevity.

Reactions: Pearl B

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I don't worry about it, sure it might cost more to vape in years to come due to the taxes, but do you really think the FDA will kill a multi billion dollar a year industry?

If I order now, I save 25%. Chicago will be trying to raise $1 billion in new taxes this year, and they plan on a 25% tax for all e-liquids and assoc eq. If they are hard core abt it, they can ask bigger vendors for purchasing info and force me to pay down the road.

Pearl B

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    N.Az
    If I order now, I save 25%. Chicago will be trying to raise $1 billion in new taxes this year, and they plan on a 25% tax for all e-liquids and assoc eq. If they are hard core abt it, they can ask bigger vendors for purchasing info and force me to pay down the road.
    I think that's what worries me most. Vaping will still be available, to the rich!

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I think that's what worries me most. Vaping will still be available, to the rich!

I'm not working at the moment, on Soc Sec here in the USA. I also don't worry what other people have, I'll just buy the liquids and make it myself.

Astron

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 24, 2014
    Washington
    I have a freezer full of nic base, several Reos and attys, and spare parts. I don't worry about it.

This is me, too. I love, love, love my Reos but I'm on a binge-buy cycle right now. What I haven't vaped forward to friends yet is sitting in storage. I've got mods and tanks I've forgotten about and I'm still buying. The tanks I buy have RBA options. If vaping becomes too expensive or otherwise inaccessible my biggest problem will be keeping my friends supplied with stuff.

Pearl B

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    N.Az
    I'm not working at the moment, on Soc Sec here in the USA. I also don't worry what other people have, I'll just buy the liquids and make it myself.
    I don't have a real high income either. That's my plan diy what I can. I just don't want to wake up one day and find out vaping is beyond my financial ability!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    I have already amassed a good bit. Mech Mods to infinity if needed. Regulated Mods as long as they last.
    Nic and all associated needs in house in large quantities.
    Wick, wire, RTA's and RDA's a plenty.
    Lots of beginner gear laid away.

Should anything actually go south, I will fall back to the oldest equipment first and use it until full failure. This will also minimize Nic/e-liquid usage, hopefully until times change once more - back to our favor.

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
    Mar 28, 2014
    Severna Park MD
    I don't worry about it, sure it might cost more to vape in years to come due to the taxes, but do you really think the FDA will kill a multi billion dollar a year industry?

The primary reason I started vaping was cost. If vaping becomes as expensive or more expensive than smoking, then guess what... I quit or start smoking again. I will try to just quit if it comes to that.

And if this doesn't piss you off just conceptually as an American that supposedly should have freedom to make choices that aren't strongly guided by taxes and regulations, then I don't even know what to say to you.

Jugband

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 10, 2013
    PA, USA
    I also have several Reo's, spare parts, and more nicotine than I can keep track of (just enlisted a friends freezer, because mine is full) I'm not done stocking up until they stop me. IMO you just can't have enough, get it while you can.

I feel I'm perfectly safe, but that doesn't matter. I continue to fight, yes, for my right to keep vapeing, but also those unfortunate smokers out there who haven't found their way yet. It just infuriates me that were being forced to do this :-x

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm amassing diy stuff.

I have a huge number of RBAs, mechs and regulated mods (for as long as they'll last, eh, crxess :)). I have a ton of spare parts.

Not sure I believe we won't be able to get wire or wicking materials, but if I have to stock pile wire I will.

Batteries may be a concern. I really don't want to have to buy and freeze 100 batteries :confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread