So what are the stockpiling strategies in light of an uncertain future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
How long do you think flavorings will last, and what do you suppose the proper storage would be.
I doubt there's a good answer to "how long will they last?". The problem is that flavorings consist of such a variety of substances that it's difficult to predict how they might react. I'm thinking keep 'em cool (but not cold) in a dark place, and use wine preservation gas mixture to displace air (oxygen) whenever you re-seal the bottle.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
But I started thinking how that would have felt if we were living in the post-apocalypse world and the tanks I had were all I could ever have. My blood would have frozen in my veins. What if I dropped a mod and messed up the 510 connection. What if I dropped a liter bottle of nic. What if the levee failed and my house was flooded.
I use rda's exclusively partly because there are fewer parts to lose or break. The wear parts on regulated mods would be the 510 threading and buttons. Screens could go blank. Battery chemicals tend to corrode internal parts so if a mod isn't being used take the battery out.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
I just finished a chat session with support @ Flavor Art. Direct to them/HQ and NOT a reseller vendor. They are my preferred flavors and thus they ROCK! They are VERY concentrated and as I'm sure some of us know, a typical mix is around 8% total flavors give or take. I asked about storage and life of flavors. Then moved to refrig or freezer. Here you go for the transcript:

Expiry date is 24 months
but it's not an real expiry date.. it's just a suggest to use the liquid before this date
but you can use it after the suggest date
the best place is far from sunlight, and far from radiator or refrigerator or freezer!!!
absolutely not! (Alice is referring to storage in a freezer or refrig)
room temperature is the best!

HTH
:)

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I've got five liters of 100mg/ml in my freezer and plan on buying 2-3 more in the next month. I've got 6 mechs and another on the way. I've got replacement parts for most of them. The thing I worry most about is my rda's. I've read they can go bad, the insulators or something right? That is where I'm going to have trouble. I'm hoping if I run out of working rda's at some point in the future I can find a place overseas to buy from.

Reactions: SeniorBoy

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I've got five liters of 100mg/ml in my freezer and plan on buying 2-3 more in the next month. I've got 6 mechs and another on the way. I've got replacement parts for most of them. The thing I worry most about is my rda's. I've read they can go bad, the insulators or something right? That is where I'm going to have trouble. I'm hoping if I run out of working rda's at some point in the future I can find a place overseas to buy from.

No problem getting delrin or PEEK blanks :). You can make insulators. I'm more worried about stripped posts, but I guess they can be drilled and retapped, though probably only once.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com

Good point and one I had not really considered although most of my toppers are KFL+, Squapes, Crowns, and others I can't even remember. /lol

QUESTION: Does someone sell "extra parts" for a given RDA? Posts, screws, insulators, top caps, bases, Orings, etc?

Reactions: pennysmalls

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
No problem getting delrin or PEEK blanks :). You can make insulators. I'm more worried about stripped posts, but I guess they can be drilled and retapped, though probably only once.

I wouldn't even know where to begin but I think it would be great if someone with the know-how could start a thread here somewhere showing how making and replacing insulators is done. I thought about stripped posts but I think my hubs can take care of those for me. He works in a machine shop.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
QUESTION: Does someone sell "extra parts" for a given RDA? Posts, screws, insulators, top caps, bases, Orings, etc?
Back when the KFL+ was "hot" there were plenty of people selling spare parts kits for them.

O-Rings in all sizes are available from a place called: The O-Ring Store LLC

Screws from McMaster-Carr.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Back when the KFL+ was "hot" there were plenty of people selling spare parts kits for them.

O-Rings in all sizes are available from a place called: The O-Ring Store LLC

Screws from McMaster-Carr.

And Fast Tech has an endless array of Kayfun parts.

Reactions: Woofer

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
:) Yes! I already have enough spare parts for my Kayfuns. Enough to open my own B&M. Along with spares for my R91s and Squape brigade. I could have worded my previous post better but HEY!, I'm old and most of "YOU" could be my grandkids so please humor me. :)

My original question concerned drippers ONLY: QUESTION: Does someone sell "extra parts" for a given RDA? Posts, screws, insulators, top caps, bases, Orings, etc?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
:) Yes! I already have enough spare parts for my Kayfuns. Enough to open my own B&M. Along with spares for my R91s and Squape brigade. I could have worded my previous post better but HEY!, I'm old and most of "YOU" could be my grandkids so please humor me. :)

My original question concerned drippers ONLY: QUESTION: Does someone sell "extra parts" for a given RDA? Posts, screws, insulators, top caps, bases, Orings, etc?

I've never seen posts. Top caps, some of them. And, yes, clone parts from FT are a viable option sometimes, which is actually a very good reason for clones to exist.

O rings and screws can always be sourced. I've made insulators.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Although I probably have enough nic to last for the rest of my life, probably isn't good enough :D
I need to take advantage of Nude Nicotine's black Friday sale,
One or two more liters of 100mg/ml wouldn't hurt and 40% off sounds good to me. :lol::lol::lol:

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Although I probably have enough nic to last for the rest of my life, probably isn't good enough :D
I need to take advantage of Nude Nicotine's black Friday sale,
One or two more liters of 100mg/ml wouldn't hurt and 40% off sounds good to me. :lol::lol::lol:

Yes best prices I've seen from Nude Nic. Can you still buy liquid nic on-line in Arkansas?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes best prices I've seen from Nude Nic. Can you still buy liquid nic on-line in Arkansas?
I certainly do hope so. I have ordered and received some nic since the stupid law was passed. I think it is going to be like it was for smokes. The on-line company I used to order smokes from stated on their web site that they didn't ship to several states, Arkansas was among them. I ordered and received them up until they weren't able to ship them through USPS, Fed-ex or UPS. I've not had any problems at all yet with receiving whatever I order. I don't order pre-made juice though. That might be a problem but who can really know at this point.

Reactions: Str8vision

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Fasttech sells many sizes of generic RDA o-rings, $1 per 20 is typical. They are nice to have for adjusting rda parts that are too loose or too tight. The screws for holding coils are generic items.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
The NN coupon code started working /lol YEA! 40% discount. Cheap!

Use ----> DontTrampleOnMe40

I've said this before so please humor me. :)

You don't want to be a lab rat like some of us who enjoy DIY. I get it. I respect it. How about grabbing some "currency" that is likely to be very valuable as time marches on. Think barter/trade. How hard is it to open a package, label it and then place it in your freezer clearly marked and out of the way of the kids and the animals. You never open the included bottles.

PLEASE DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread