So what are the stockpiling strategies in light of an uncertain future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
And when you start combining the "intended use" doctrine with flavors and advertising....
Say goodbye to diketone-free flavors.

Or at least knowing how to determine which ones are diketone-free...
Because they won't be able to tell you.

That's a clear and obvious ramification of the "intended use" doctrine put into action.

But I seriously doubt that the "intended use" doctrine will hold up in court.

It may not, but it could tie up the process for years waiting on the courts. It's in their deeming regulation proposal nonetheless.

I don't think "diketones" will be a source of concern for the FDA. Diketones are ample in cigarettes and cigars yet they remain on the shelves. There's not even warnings about the chemical on cigarette packs.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
I have a huge deep freeze I bought solely for nicotine. Right now it has 5 gallons of 100mg nic (broken down into smaller bottles) and 14 gallons of PG and 14 gallons of VG. That has only used about 5% of the space. I am trying to fully stock this sucker!

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Can you tell me the make/model # of this freezer, and/or where you got it? Looking for something similar for the office...

The one I got is an Avanti VFR14PS, $140 from Walmart earlier this year. Only 1.4 sq ft but I've got 4 L of nic in it now. Could add at least another 2 or 3 L. Part of it is only high enough for 125ml bottles, headroom for 1/2L bottles at the front. Plus room for a bottle of VG and some bottles of diluted nic base. More than enough for me. It's around 18" X 18" by 18" outside dimensions. Quite quiet. An unusual feature of this one is you can set it to either fridge temp or freezer temp. You do have to manually defrost it every few weeks. It even comes with a miniature ice cube tray.

There are a couple of other similar sized freezers. This one seemed to have the best feedback for reliability.

I vaguely recall that the ones listed as medical freezers are better quality and go to lower temps, and they are more accurate at keeping to a specific temp. But they are more expensive.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I have a huge deep freeze I bought solely for nicotine. Right now it has 5 gallons of 100mg nic (broken down into smaller bottles) and 14 gallons of PG and 14 gallons of VG. That has only used about 5% of the space. I am trying to fully stock this sucker!

Wow. I'm good for a while but if I make it past 85 or so I might have to come down to Kentucky and look you up.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I don't think "diketones" will be a source of concern for the FDA. Diketones are ample in cigarettes and cigars yet they remain on the shelves. There's not even warnings about the chemical on cigarette packs.
I don't know whether or not diketones will be a source of concern for the FDA, but that's not the point here.
The point is that advertising a liquid as being diketone-free would be a huge red flag for intended use.

So if the FDA "Intended Use Doctrine" makes it through the deeming, it could be bad for diketone-free vapers.
Because the vendors won't be allowed to tell you.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just invested in a 7.1 cu ft freezer. Yay !!!!!! I get to use all the space in my fridge freezer, that has been taken up by nic, for food now. I don't have nearly as much as Elizabeth but I'm not done yet :D I will feel more comfortable with the longevity of my PG and VG now that I can store it in the freezer too.

I just got an email from MyFreedomSmokes. They have their 1liter bottles of 100mg/ml nic on sale for $40.00. I have been happy with the taste of the nic I have purchased from them over the past 4 years.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Not disputing. But what about this with respect to "intended use doctrine"?

"FlavourArt is proud to be the first flavour company in North America to publicize Enthalpy testing results. We are committed to professionalism, community support, advocacy and research towards the betterment of the vaping industry. This is our third party lab analysis of our complete North American flavour compendium conducted by Enthalpy Labs in June/July of 2015."

Source

My FAV flavors! I only have about 100 of them! /lol

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My husband is worse than I am. He's trying to make me buy a barrel or drum of 100mg nic, and a ton more of PG/VG and get another freezer. I don't think we will need that much. :eek:
I've been having fun with nicotine numbers. So one cigarette has 1 mg of nic, a pack has 20. Most of us probably vape more than 20 mg of nic per day but why? I'm dead set on cutting my 70 mg by half and all the way to 25 mg, corresponding to the number of cigs I used to smoke.

A 1 liter bottle of 100 mg nic x 1000 ml = 100,000 mg of nic, the same as 5,000 packs of cigarettes, 500 cartons, worth $30,000 here in Michigan, for $50. That puts Moore's law to shame. If you vaped 20 mg per day a bottle would last 13 years. Get a bottle just for the bragging rights and then, if the FDA crackdown really comes, you'll sleep a little better.

Reactions: mattiem

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
My husband is worse than I am. He's trying to make me buy a barrel or drum of 100mg nic, and a ton more of PG/VG and get another freezer. I don't think we will need that much. :eek:
Better to have and not to need than to need and not to have. :thumbs:

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
I've been having fun with nicotine numbers. So one cigarette has 1 mg of nic, a pack has 20. Most of us probably vape more than 20 mg of nic per day but why? I'm dead set on cutting my 70 mg by half and all the way to 25 mg, corresponding to the number of cigs I used to smoke.

A 1 liter bottle of 100 mg nic x 1000 ml = 100,000 mg of nic, the same as 5,000 packs of cigarettes, 500 cartons, worth $30,000 here in Michigan, for $50. That puts Moore's law to shame. If you vaped 20 mg per day a bottle would last 13 years. Get a bottle just for the bragging rights and then, if the FDA crackdown really comes, you'll sleep a little better.

That algorithm would work if vaping and smoking had the same rate of absorption but they don't. They are two different animals. The absorption rates are like night and day. When you vape you may be vaping high nic, but your body can't absorb most of that nic in vapor form. With cigarettes the particles are much smaller and easier to absorb. This is why people tend to vape way more than they smoked.

I supply a lot of people with juice. It's important that I have a very healthy supply for several people. It's not for bragging rights. It's to keep the people I love off cigarettes. I have quite a few family members who have switched over from decades of smoking.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Not disputing. But what about this with respect to "intended use doctrine"?

"FlavourArt is proud to be the first flavour company in North America to publicize Enthalpy testing results. We are committed to professionalism, community support, advocacy and research towards the betterment of the vaping industry. This is our third party lab analysis of our complete North American flavour compendium conducted by Enthalpy Labs in June/July of 2015."

Source

My FAV flavors! I only have about 100 of them! /lol

The FDA's deeming regulations that they put out last year discussed "intended use". Anything that is intended for use in ecigs would fall under their regulation.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Better to have and not to need than to need and not to have. :thumbs:

Absolutely. And think about it, if we have way too much then we can help others. Having too much is not a problem, but not having enough could really be a problem!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
That algorithm would work if vaping and smoking had the same rate of absorption but they don't. They are two different animals. The absorption rates are like night and day. When you vape you may be vaping high nic, but your body can't absorb most of that nic in vapor form. With cigarettes the particles are much smaller and easier to absorb. This is why people tend to vape way more than they smoked.

I supply a lot of people with juice. It's important that I have a very healthy supply for several people. It's not for bragging rights. It's to keep the people I love off cigarettes. I have quite a few family members who have switched over from decades of smoking.
Sure. I vape 12 mg 6 ml per day. Total nic 72 mg, I can tell it's way more nic than when I was smoking 25 sticks a day. So far reducing that hasn't been too hard since I don't jones for nic the way I used to for smokes. Time will tell how little is comfortable and easy to maintain.

I have to take care of me and one other person. I'm trying to avoid going overboard. So I'm counting drops, doing the math. I'm sure I have a 10 year supply for two people at this point. If the FDA comes out swinging and there's a grace period I'll double up and keep it in a little medical freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread