So what else would you like to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tachion

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Northeast
Agreed. I spent the entire day shopping for Vegetable glycerine and/or Propylene Glycol with no luck. CVS, Walgreens, Giant Eagle... no one has it.

Hmm... I got a bottle of USP-grade glycerin at CVS a couple months ago. It was in the beauty section (with the fancy creams, etc), as it's often used (when diluted with water) as a skin protectant.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Hmm... I got a bottle of USP-grade glycerin at CVS a couple months ago. It was in the beauty section (with the fancy creams, etc), as it's often used (when diluted with water) as a skin protectant.

And was it 100% vegetable glycerin, specifically propylene glycol or some kind of unmarked synthetic glycerin that states "topical use only"?

Tachion

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Northeast
And was it 100% vegetable glycerin, specifically propylene glycol or some kind of unmarked synthetic glycerin that states "topical use only"?

It says 99.5% Glycerin on the label. It does say for "External Use Only", but the fact that it's labeled "Glycerin, USP" means that, although it's labeled for external use, it's pure, according to USP specifications.

As to whether or not it's vegetable in origin, my understanding is almost all glycerin is from vegetables and, even if it's not, it's chemically identical.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Last night I read some 20+ threads on how folks ARE using the 99% "glycerin,USP" stuff from the drug stores (marked "topical use only") for their juices. IMHO, "topical use only" means do not ingest... and that's enough for me not to. I opted for Wilton's Glycerin found at candy/cake supply stores and craft stores, as I know 100% that it's food grade. Eventually I'll buy the 100% Vegetable Glycerin from one of the suppliers. Heck I'll get the stuff with nicotine so I can create my own juices.

I did good with the Wilton's, as I wanted to cut my current stock of nic juices in half (lower the nic from 18 to 9-11mg). The Wilton's works good, lots of vapor and just a little sweetness. However, Since Shawn is my "go to" seller, when he gets his PG/VG and stuff like that, I'm sure I'll become a mad scientist.

ladydeth

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
PA
Thanks Shawn!! I promise I will not use LR, as it was to play with on my USB passthru. With the 401, it sucks down juice fast and tastes burnt it if I use it to fast.

So, it appears you cant use the 501 atty on any 401 automatic batteries. I tried both of mine, and my auto PT, no such luck. The is no airflow moving thru the adapter to trigger it.
Kinda works on the manuals, but I dont think its getting hot enough.
I have two different batteries, one is brand new, just opened with the 501 cartos.
The other is about 3 wks old.
The older one might have had a lower charge, but didnt get much vapor. Its charging now to see if it is just low on power.
The new one gives decent vapor, but I get fluid in my mouth.
I used the condom fill method on the cartos.
I think i just need to practice on filling cartos :)
Sucked a bit out with a dropper, and seems better, but kinda burning my throat.

Edit:

Ok when you get the fluid just right, and heat the atty up right, it seems to work fairly well :) not awesome vapes yet, but it could happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread