Status
Not open for further replies.

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
Not exactly the same symptoms but had something similar. This was about 2 years ago. I was sleeping and woke up when it felt like someone took a sledge hammer to just under my left nipple. I wasn't vaping at the time but I may have been using the lozenges....

.... It felt like being hit/punched. There wasn't any throbbing or change in the pain while breathing or having my heart race. The pain would ease up after a minute or two and would happen again. About a month later had a stress test and no sign of a heart attack *thankfully*.

Not sure if there is a relation between this (nicotine) or if it's just flukes of nature. Even so nicotine, and caffeine are stimulants so not exactly good for the ticker in the first place.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
got another batch of goodies from Natures Flavors today. Stuff to perfect "Sex on the Beach", and a few other popular recipes. I had to call breaktru for back up once today already. lol

The all VG is working. I will honestly say that. The thing i'm doing now is trying to replicate some of the juices that I favored with a VG based flavoring.

silverrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
USA
www.ihatesilver.com
Now I am a bit freaked out. I'm vaping ALL DAY LONG, 36mg nicotine AND I still smoke (not nearly as much as before, but I haven't been able to make the cut yet). When I first startred vaping I used the pit bull smokestik. This was the only time I didn't want to smoke cigarettes. However, the caromizers goy to expensive (went through about 5 a day), hence I switched to a mod. First Provape, now Precise P10. I love my P10, tons of vapor but I have to switch batteries every 30 min.
When I used smokestik, my throat was super dry and I felt as if I was getting a cold. Called customer servicve and they said to drink tons of water.
Since I vape every waking hour, I started having sleep problems and some strange chest pains every once a while.
I am on a sleep aid, but it seems I have to take double lately in order for me to get to sleep.
I understand that nicotine is an "upper", however I did not know that I could possibly get some serious health problems. The cigarettes have to go; hopefully I can ween down on nicotine content once I get my bigger Precise. That's some scary stuff I read.

Tinky

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
oklahoma
Oh Jen!! I know that's scary!! That's exactly why I switched to Vaping to cut back on nrt intake. I know some would think...just cut back on your gum/lozenges and patches...pfft!! Easier said than done...if I had it ild chew it! And if I didn't have it, I would make a mid noc run if I had to just to get my fix!! I was having that same prob noc after noc and scared the pee waddins outa me...I knew I had to cut back but couldn't do it on my own. So, I've been Vaping since 12/02 and haven't looked back. Oh...I got gum for emergencies but haven't felt the need to chew many pieces. For now an 18mg cart seems to satisfy me...have had a very brief flutter or two but over all much better...I plan on trying 8mg in jan...thanks so much for sharing your story!! I've wanted to talk to others about this but presently ecf is the only place I felt I could share...glad to have found this forum!

silverrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
USA
www.ihatesilver.com
Silverrocks, have you tried snus or whole tobacco alkaloid (wta) eliquid, to see if they help?

Tried menthol snus but didn't seem to help. have to look into tabacco alkaloid eliquid. Thanks so much for the tips :) It's midnight in Seattle, slept 2 hours last night and I'm way too wired again. I hate insomnia.
On top of that I can't really eat. I will get some lower nicotine juice today. To all your "sleepers", good night :)

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Very nice thread here. Thank you bmwjen for your due diligence. While we like to claim that vaping is healthier than cigarettes, I feel that with the amount of variety and uncontrolled nicotine liquid produced, vaping can be quite dangerous. And I think it is denial when people outright and wholeheartedly claim that it is 100% safe. I suppose a way to think about it is that the vaping community is doing private research with our own bodies as the test subject, so this research data should be shared. So this is a good thread.

I've ordered from Clouds of vapor but it is taking a very long time to get to me here overseas. I am going to try Virgin Vapors as well. Because I'm just recovering from being sick from I believe was some bad juice, it's put me off my excitement with vaping. I'm no longer looking forward to trying all of these great flavors. I just want some juice (and 1 wil be enough) that wont kill me.

Could you please list the juices that you recommend at this point.

Thanks
I will recommend ANYTHING from Welcome to Ahlusion especially cantalberry ice, strawberry vanilla cake, and pink label (everyone's tastes are different). I also highly recommend ordering from Natures Flavors Coffee Bean organic flavoring line to DIY your own juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread