So what is your story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phorqued

Dec 5, 2009
FLorida
I am new to the whole e-cig thing and so far I am liking it. Like many others, I was lured into the "commercial" e-cig. I liked the flavors, but they would "lock" up after a few puffs and would render them completely useless. I started looking on the internet for a reason as to what problems other people have had and how to fix them. That is when I found ECF.

I started reading others posts; problems, defeats, and successes and began looking into the 808d's. V4L stood out among the others that offered the 808d's with more availible flavors, communication, and a seemingly true want to make the customer happy. I ordered an ultimate kit and a good range of flavors to try out. I have not been displeased at all (except for some flavors I am "iffy" on). The order arived quickly, it was accurate, and best of all, (since I ordered some juice and empty carts) they decided to give me a couple of free juice samples and an extra pack of carts as well! That is on top of the 20% off code they posted! Can't beat that for customer satisfaction.

Enough praise, I am 35 and I have always hated the smoke smell in my clothes and on myself. I have smoked a pack or so a day for many years (more when I was younger) and that coupled with the coughing fits in the morning or when I get sick made me try this. I am happy so far - no more ash, smell, or regular cigs since and I hope to stay that way.

One last thing - I am gald that other company held true to their word, I was refunded the full price and I put it to good use with V4L!

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
All I can say to that is
nbxmxg_th.jpg

I started smoking when I was 12. My 50th b-day is Jan 29th.I smoked 2-3 packs a day.I went analog free Nov.10th this year.I have never felt better. I tried to quit a couple of times just couldn't do it. I have always liked smoking even though I knew it was bad for me and everyone around me. Now that I vape I can still enjoy the pleasures of smoking without the harmful side effect's to me and others.

April1p

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Florida
I started smoking at the age of 13. I'm 37 now. If I recall correctly I smoked my first cig at the age of 11 sneaking around with a friend...friggin' ridiculous. Of course it started out at just a few a day, then i graduated to a pack a day, till finally on my days off from work, it was nothing for me to smoke 2 to 2 1/2 packs a day.

I work as an RN in a cardiac catheterization lab. I help people every day who have damaged their vessels from smoking. I hated the hypocrisy of me, a smoker, telling them how important it was to quit smoking upon discharge. Hell if anybody knows better it should be me right???

I've only tired to quit twice in all these years. I loved smoking. Those damn cigs were like my best friend. I spent more time with them than anyone who meant anything to me. First time I tried to quit I went cold turkey and it was horrible, I mean painful, literally. I can remember the first three days not even wanting to get out of bed. I was a raving witch too. A guy friend of mine at the time smoked Swisher Sweets with the little wooden tips, yeah next thing you know I was smoking them, so I said to myself, "Seriously I might as well go back to cigs; they have to be healthier than those cigars." LMAO

Second time I tried to quit was 2008 and I used Chantix. It works; it worked very well for me until I started getting migraines. So I only took them for about 6 weeks. I stayed away from cigs after that by controlling my environment and the people I would be around for 9 months, until my husband threw me a birthday party and everyone was smoking and I was drinking and poof 9 months down the drain.

Then my son started nagging me daily to quit. He saw the Smoking Everywhere e-cig at the mall and said, "Mom if I buy you one of those for Christmas will you use it and quit smoking." I'm thinking, I can still get my fix, feel like I'm smoking and not have all the side effects of the real thing??? Hells Yells I said.

Of course I researched the heck out of every type of e-cig there is and found V4L. I didn't let my son buy it though;). It's been 8 days since my last cig and I honestly haven't missed it at all and I've even been to a Christmas party and drank and sat around with the smokers and puffed away on my little e-cig happily.

I wish everyone in this forum the best of luck in their quest to quit analogs too:D

Ysabet

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Culloden, GA
My Hubby and I are both smokers for more years than I can count. With the price increase to our pre-made cigarettes I did some research and joined the RYO Forum and started buying our tobacco and tubes and stuffing our own. :p

Then one day someone on that forum mentions he had gotten an “E-cig”. I am always open to new gadgets, so I started researching them. ;)

I purchased and received my starter kit with the KR808D-1 on 12/12. Coming up on a couple weeks now and I haven’t smoked an analog since. :thumbs:

After I had purchased my kit I found the V4L site and this sub-forum and have to say I have found my home. I wish now I had found them before I had purchased my kit but oh well. Mine does use the same bits, parts and pieces & I am happy with it. Still I call myself a proud new customer of V4L. V4L was the site I sent my Daughter to when we started talking about my new e-cig. :lol:

OK I think I have gotten my Daughter off analogs… now just need to get the Hubby off em! :cool:

ROCK ON V4L! :evil:

UPDATE: My Daughter-in-law and Son were here yesterday for Christmas. She tried my e-cig and asked for my link to them. I of course sent her the link to V4L!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread