So what is your story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubabjs

Jan 4, 2010
Virginia
Started vaping the week of Thanksgiving 2009, I have been smoking for 20 years and had to go spend a week with the parents (who don't know I used to smoke) I have tried stopping before with the patches, and cold turkey, after a week of forced no smoking, but could use the V4L product I had no desire to smoke anymore. I now find the smell to be quite annoying.

Thanks V4L (and my co-worker who didn't stop smoking)

Bjs

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
I had never heard of the electronic cigarette when I first found out. I was at my outpatient rehab facility (1 year clean) waiting to see my doctor and was discussing with another person about quitting smoking. A kid came up to me and gave me the whole speech, and handed me a V4L business card. I was quite excited and went home and did some research (found the site a bit confusing), then I ordered. I have never been so happy with a product. I quit cigs with little to no effort. I LOVE my vaporking! I love the customer service. So far my experience has been incredible.

Bullitt

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Charlotte NC
Wow great stories! Here's mine:

About 12 years ago I had a freak accident on my bicycle and shattered my collar bone. I was very athletic, ran, raced bicycles, lifted weights, etc.. When I was laid up nursing my broken body I spent too much time hanging out with friends drinking and partying. I soon found I like to smoke when I was drinking. You all know how that goes. I'll never forget when I bought my first pack. I think it lasted me at least a week. Next thing you know...it's a pack a day. My favorite brand made it very economical to continue my habit with awesome coupons. Never got back into working out like I used to.

I have since gotten married and both my wife and myself smoked and tried to quit a few times on her insistence that it cost too much and it's killing us. Each time I was the only one who quit and it never lasted long because it was always in my face with her still smoking.

Fast forward to November 2009 and I was beginning to become physically ill more often than not when I lit up. (hacking and barfing, I know...gross) I was absolutely miserable. My body was telling me "no more". The once athletic guy turned into his own nightmare...A fat smoker.

Like a couple of people here, I kept hearing the commercials on the radio for the Smoke Assassin and Googled it when I got home. Found it was a scam but continued my search and it brought me to this forum. The wealth of information was overwhelming. I think I spent at least three straight days absorbing as much as I could. ( had some time off from work). It seemed like I was researching digital cameras or TV's with all the different types of e-cigarettes and accessories out there. There's a whole new lingo to learn too.
Needless to say I received my kit from V4L on the 12/17/09, stepped out onto the deck to have my "last" smoke even before I opened the package. I am proud to say I have been analog free since and have NO desire to have another EVER. (I did try one about ten days in and....yep barfed right off the deck LOL)
I managed to get my wife to try it over new years and she loves it and has been smoke free for 6 days now. That may not seem like much but it's huge for us. She was a pack+ a day for 25 years. (got something in my eye, excuse me)

To the lurker out there reading this forum like I was:
-I already feel 1000% better now that I don't smoke analogs. Can't wait to see what a couple of months feels like.
-Do your research so you feel comfortable making the transition. From what I can see all the people here would love to give you any advice they can.
-I settled on Vapor4Life based on the product, the KR808 two piece, for the ease of use and the rave reviews about the customer service. So far both have been over the top.

antithesis

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
michigan
kimmy (<3!) and bull, thank you for sharing your stories! i went back and read so many of these last night. it's really inspiring to read. i keep V4L's cards on me (at least five, i have close to 15!!) just in case anyone's interested. i'm only 5 days in and i already feel LOADS better, it's amazing.

everyone keep up the good work!

Sauromir

Dec 31, 2009
Augusta, GA
I've smoked on and off ever since I was 15. Up until this year, I was exclusively smoking cloves, Djarum Blacks, but the government recently put a stop to that. I picked up menthol analogs after that and just don't enjoy then. I ran across a vapor king review on youtube and a link on the review lead me here. After much lurking and reading, I ordered my kit and plan toss the menthol analogs tonight.

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
kimmy (<3!) and bull, thank you for sharing your stories! i went back and read so many of these last night. it's really inspiring to read. i keep V4L's cards on me (at least five, i have close to 15!!) just in case anyone's interested. i'm only 5 days in and i already feel LOADS better, it's amazing.

everyone keep up the good work!

I was smoking two packs a day and had a chronic, terrible cough. After a day or so it had DISAPEARED. Also, I go to the gym 4 days a week and during cardiovascular exersizes I always found myself EXHAUSTED and couldn't run on the treadmill as much. I went from 2 miles a day to 5! And now I don't feel like death after a good run! I would work out for an hour then smoke a cig, sometimes taking a cig break in between workouts. RIDICULOUS if you ask me!

Things I don't miss:
Stopping at a gas station twice a day, and dealing with bull.... tax
The smell, the asking if I can go outside to smoke every two hours at work (now I just smoke in the bathroom), the ash, the nonsmoking judgers, the cancer, the losing lighters, the complete lack of energy, I could keep going but theres not enough room on this thread!!!:thumbs:

Topso

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Sweden
I started smoking when i was 12 yeah you heard right. Iv been smoking on and off since then, i could quit a while but always when times got ruff i started to smoke again. Well first i found another company, bought a ecig with carts you fill up your self, but all the filling and mixing got me back to analogs again. Then i found VK and thank God ! Im so happy, no trouble, no mixing no fixin! I just pop it in and smoke. And im in love with the coconut cream pie flavor!
So i must say V4L your the best! Couldent have done it with out you!:thumbs:

discoqueen

Jan 1, 2010
Texas
Started smoking when I was 18 and old enough to know what a dumb decision it was to start. Both of my parents smoked, and I remember swearing I'd never do it. I gave in to peer pressure and curiosity my senior year in high school.

So I've been smoking for 17+ years (do the math), starting with Djarums, then Newports, then uber cheap menthols. I remember a gallon of gas and a pack of smokes being the same price. Does that make me old? :D

Have tried numerous times over the years to quit. Gum made me nauseous, was allergic to patches, Nicotrol inhalers just pi$$ed me off, Chantix did bad things to my digestive system, cold turkey turned me murderous and didn't last more than a day or two at the most, and Wellbutrin only helped me cut back a little bit - although it did help with my mood! LOL

The hubs and I tried GreenSmokes a few months back, and while I was able to cut back significantly, my stress levels were high and I wasn't getting the nic or the flavor that I needed from it to stay sane. Needless to say it didn't last very long.

Then, just a week and a half ago, the hubs says "We're going to try e-cigs again." I just sort of rolled my eyes at him, but went along with it anyway.

SO. GLAD. I. DID!

We received our first order from V4L on Jan 2, each getting shorty kits and a bunch of cart flavors. Since then we have placed another order for more carts and some juice so we could try to narrow down our flavorites.

Jan 3 - around 10 analogs each
Jan 4 - 5 analogs each
Jan 5 - 3 analogs each
Jan 6 - ONE ANALOG EACH
Jan 7 - Gonna shoot for NONE! (They taste like @$$ anyway!):nah:

Without even making an effort.

So, thank you V4L! For helping me do what I couldn't do on my own with trying so many other 'stop smoking' remedies!

dreamchildwest

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
My story is quite simple, really. Not too long ago, I was on my way home from the grocery store when I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to buy wine for our dinner that night. Not wanting to inconvenience myself, I simply stopped at one of those mini-market places to see if I could find something there that would be drinkable.

I pulled up in front of the store, parked, pitched my cigarette (rude, I know), and went inside to make my selection. After much searching, I decided on a bottle and took it to the counter to check out. As I was waiting in line, a young man behind me tapped me on the shoulder and very politely informed me: "Excuse me, m'am, BUT YOUR PURSE IS ON FIRE!"

Obviously, I didn't toss my cig quite as far as I should have. Now, I'm proud to proclaim that I HAVEN'T BURNED UP ANY PURSES IN OVER TWO MONTHS! ;)
(End of story.)

Last edited:

Blaro

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
New York
Started smoking when I was 18 and old enough to know what a dumb decision it was to start. Both of my parents smoked, and I remember swearing I'd never do it. I gave in to peer pressure and curiosity my senior year in high school.

So I've been smoking for 17+ years (do the math), starting with Djarums, then Newports, then uber cheap menthols. I remember a gallon of gas and a pack of smokes being the same price. Does that make me old? :D

Have tried numerous times over the years to quit. Gum made me nauseous, was allergic to patches, Nicotrol inhalers just pi$$ed me off, Chantix did bad things to my digestive system, cold turkey turned me murderous and didn't last more than a day or two at the most, and Wellbutrin only helped me cut back a little bit - although it did help with my mood! LOL

The hubs and I tried GreenSmokes a few months back, and while I was able to cut back significantly, my stress levels were high and I wasn't getting the nic or the flavor that I needed from it to stay sane. Needless to say it didn't last very long.

Then, just a week and a half ago, the hubs says "We're going to try e-cigs again." I just sort of rolled my eyes at him, but went along with it anyway.

SO. GLAD. I. DID!

We received our first order from V4L on Jan 2, each getting shorty kits and a bunch of cart flavors. Since then we have placed another order for more carts and some juice so we could try to narrow down our flavorites.

Jan 3 - around 10 analogs each
Jan 4 - 5 analogs each
Jan 5 - 3 analogs each
Jan 6 - ONE ANALOG EACH
Jan 7 - Gonna shoot for NONE! (They taste like @$$ anyway!):nah:

Without even making an effort.

So, thank you V4L! For helping me do what I couldn't do on my own with trying so many other 'stop smoking' remedies!

Ya, they do taste like ..., don't they! (the analogs, that is)- be strong, and do whatever you have to do to stay off them.

I smoked unfiltered Camels, Lucky Strikes, Pall Malls, Navy Cut, English Ovals, Djarum, Sobranie, Caporals...if it was a cigarette and it was strong, I smoked it, for 21 F-ing years (damn, was I stupid). Then 5 months ago I decided enough was enough, and started chewing Nicorette and sucking on Commit lozenges like they were going out of style (they should), and that lasted for about 2-1/2 months, and then I got to a point where no matter how many pieces of gum I chewed, or however many nic lozenges I sucked on, I STILL wanted a cigarette so badly that I was climbing the walls.

Then, my girlfriend said "You should try e-cigarettes", and that started me on this incredible journey from M702s, to 510s (still my favorite back-up), to 3.7V, and finally passthroughs and 5V and 6V mods. It's all kept me so occupied and intrigued (all the possible flavors, attys, mouthpieces, accessories, etc.), that it's totally distracted me from buying another pack of analogs, and in the mean time, the nicotine cravings have been satisfied to the point where the thought of buying a tobacco-filled paper cylinder, setting fire to it, and putting it in my mouth is only a distant memory.

It can be for you (and your boyfriend), too. Be strong, and stay with it. If you need any convinc:cool:ing, it tastes better, smells better, leaves no stink on your breath, your clothes, or in your house, and it's CHEAPER, not to mention that you will feel a LOT better once you've coughed the last bit of 17+ year-old tar and phlegm out of your lungs and sinuses.

Plus, as an extra added bonus, the people on these e-cigarette forums (and in the PV community in general) tend to be pretty damn cool. :cool:

Good luck, be strong, and be well-

Blaro

I've been smoking for more than 10 years, started in college. Then I switched to e cigs about a year ago mostly because of the cost. I was getting killed (smoking a pack a day, maybe more). My first impressions were that it's not the same but I didn't have any withdrawal that I thought I would.

Just found this forum and looking forward to sharing stories.

-Steve

discoqueen

Jan 1, 2010
Texas
Blaro,
Thank you for the words of encouragement!!
Isn't amazing that for so long, we all thought sucking on something that was on FIRE was a good idea? And many of us found it ENJOYABLE?? Incredible.

I can honestly say, I think I'm done with analogs. The hubs is stressed, so he wanted one, and like a dummy I went out with him. I took two or three drags and felt like I wanted to barf. Now I feel like I just licked an ashtray.8-o

I just have no desire to do that to myself anymore.

And you are so right........vaping is a cool new hobby with SO many possibilities!
We're already talking about maybe getting a 5v, although we have much research to do yet! The pass-thrus have already spoiled us! :D

kdcaines

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Manchester, NH
I had been smoking for over 20 years, and had no intention, or interest in quitting I liked it too much.
I heard about e-cigs when I saw a Kios in the mall and thought, wow! that's really cool! I can vape when, and where I can't smoke, I have to give that a try!! But no way I was going to pay $150 for 2 batts, a charger and a pack of carts! It's gotta be cheaper on-line!
I decided to google it when I got home and about 2 weeks later I ordered my first e-cig, a "Red Dragon" (which is also a 2 piece model) It took 10 days to get to me, and in the mean time I researched more and came upon ECF. I got my Red Dragon, and I actually haven't had a cigarette since! although the Red Dragon did surprisingly get me off analogs!!! the battery life was horrendous! I needed something better.
A week later I saw a review on youtube (I forget who made it) about a usb passthrough from vapor4life. Even though the VK PT carts were not compatible with my red dragon batts, I just had to have one! I had the VK PT and a couple boxes of carts in my hands 3 days later, and fell in love with it, and the taste of the vk carts. Within a week I ordered my first UU kit. (anyone interested in a slightly used Red Dragon? only used for a couple of weeks in Sept.09! lol)
As a surprising bonus, 2 weeks later my fiance started vaping too!
I was/am absolutely blown away by the product and customer service from V4L!!! Thank you Steve and the crew at V4L for everything you do, and for truely "caring"!

It's been "happy~smilin~vapin' ever since!:D:D:D
Smoke-Free feels soooo goooood!!!

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
I started smoking when I was 15 years old. I am 49 now. I smoked a pack a day until I was 24 and pregnant. I managed to quit until my first son was born but started back within a few days of bringing him home. Quit again 6 years later when pregnant again with my second son. Started back a few weeks after he was born. Then I managed to quit for several years.
I was having lunch with a friend who was smoking cloves and I mentioned how I missed smoking and still had times when I wanted one. She of course informed me of how wonderful cloves were, non addictive and no tobacco. I smoked one.
She was wrong as clove cigarettes are tobacco mixed with clove. Within a few weeks I was back to smoking a pack a day.
After that quitting for any length of time was very hard. I quit once for three months and went to the doctor because I thought I was having heart and lung problems, felt like a elephant was on my chest and I couldnt breath. Turned out it was anxiety attacks which I had never experienced. I started smoking again and they went away.
And now here I am, 49 years old and really tired of smoking. Mostly because of the cost, the smell and the fact that there is nowhere to smoke anymore other than outside in the cold. I love the act of smoking and the e-cig has really helped me by allowing me to smoke something. I have also been having a little snuff here and there to help with any anxiety.
I can honestly say that I have had no intense cravings for analogs. I was getting a little anxious once or twice a day but the snuff takes care of that.
It is my great hope that I will never again smoke a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread