So when trying to decide on a new juice flavors, do you just read others and it's luck of the draw?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Kandicat, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kandicat

Kandicat Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have read many reviews from others on the forum trying to find a tobacco flavor or maybe something else. Do you just take a chance and purchase a 10 ml or less bottle and hope for the best?

2. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just read the descriptions and see if I think I'll like the flavors.

3. Jeffro2700

Jeffro2700 Full Member

I definitely read any reviews I can find, but is always a gamble unless you can go to the store and sample it.

Sent from my M8 pro using Tapatalk 4

4. Kandicat

Thanks, next month I think I will try the Halo tobacco sampler.

5. Angela DePaoli Armstrong

Angela DePaoli Armstrong Full Member

I read reviews and ask around im nowhere near any stores so I judt take a leap of faith.So far ive lucked out most of tge time.Onky buy from a few vendors zeusejuice.com and vapor4life.com awesome companies.Good luck.Zeus offers samples with every order so thats helpful too.Free is goid.lol

6. Sane Asylum

Sane Asylum Super Member ECF Veteran

It is a crap shoot for sure in the beginning. As a newbie, I like it when vendors offer a sample pack.

It's nice to read all the reviews but when it comes down to it, it's a matter of personal taste. It's like people prefer certain restaurants or food products over others.

One of the things I've been doing now since I've gotten samples from a few vendors is when I spot a poster that likes a particular liquid that I also like, I take note of other liquids he or she may like that I haven't tried when considering ordering something new.

7. leeler

leeler Super Member ECF Veteran

I take a gamble and order sample packs too, can't hurt!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

8. Txaggiesaunt

Txaggiesaunt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I do the same. If it sounds good, I try it:vapor:

9. Jonathan Tittle

Jonathan Tittle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I read the description + reviews, search Google to see if anyone else mentions it and then I make the call. It's hit or miss when vendors do shoddy descriptions or those that give you "it tastes like a hint of sunshine in paradise" - I tend to click the "X" in the corner when I come across anything remotely close.

I don't expect vendors to give me everything that's in a secret blend (i.e. one they've work to perfect - Bobas Bounty for instance), but if they can't give me some clue as to what it *really* tastes like, I'm not buying, period.

10. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Get samplers and read in the eliquid section. You will eventually read someone who likes the flavors you do. Ask questions --have you tried this etc. What I have found is some of the most hyped juices are rather nasty. That one I can't figure out, but everyone has different tastes. For me finding a flavor I liked was the hardest part so I learned to make my own. Even if you don't like a juice there are lots of ways to salvage it. Maybe dilute or add a bit of a different flavor, check the diy forum for more info.

11. Kandicat

Well, I just ordered five 6ml testers from vapor chef. I got a little bit of everything. Some got good reviews, like Hobbes blood, another tobacco they sell and the chocolate banana, I think that's what it is. A couple more I took a chance. It should be interesting. I read the "what are using now" thread every day and take some from there. There seem to be a lot of repeats, which is a good thing.

12. Jazzi Mike

Jazzi Mike Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

13. nmackan

nmackan Super Member ECF Veteran

while trying I found my favorit liquid coincidently. After that I sampled every liquid I can reach mostly I thought as passable. Most of them did not. But since I liked cappucino taste with hokkah and my son bought which he thought a liquid but a flavor in fact. I use 4-5 drops on the liquids I did not like and I have several cappucino flavored liquids.

14. OlDogNewTricks

OlDogNewTricks Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sample packs are your friends....

15. smacuser

smacuser avid vapper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  16. Bauk

Bauk Full Member

Can't go wrong with them. Awesome e-juices... Btw, I do read a lot of reviews and watch a lot too on youtube. But as someone said in some of those reviews, you can never know what to expect from juice until you try it. Lately I tried two juices, that LOT of people from vaping community LOVE. Man, I couldn't stand the taste of it.

Best regards,
    Lovecoach

17. Ainokea

Ainokea Full Member Verified Member

Another note is your taste may evolve down the line. When i first started to quit smoking i wanted only tobacco flavors. I didn't even give any other flavor types a thought. After about a year of strictly tobacco flavor, i gave a fruit/tropical flavor a try and i found one that is my current go to liquid and haven't touched tobacco flavor for a while.

Also the mixture has a lot to do with it. Nic levels, PG/VG % can make a flavor overwhelming or very mild. But that is the fun part, trying it out then maybe customizing for me.

18. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I did a search using the flavor I wanted. Tried to see what was recommended over and over - especially from long time vapors.

19. Macerate

Macerate Full Member

Dorky Stud by Vapetrik. Look no further. All of Rip's juices are absolutely fantastic. Complex flavors. I have struggled to vape absolutely anything else but their juices for months now. DS and Khlorine are my go to juices. (Khlorine isnt a tobacco flavor though). He has 3 tobacco flavors on there. DS, Joe Kuhr and a new one named The Right Stuff.

20. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I agree with Caridwen...
    Best to buy samples to find your likes and dislikes. When I first began vaping I bought 30 wide ranging samples based on Vet's recommendations. Out of those 30 I liked 10. Immediately ordered another 20 and out of those I liked 10…so out 50 different flavors I enjoyed 20. Months later I tried those 30 samples that I disliked and enjoyed all but one. Whether it was because my tastes had changed or they needed steeping I don’t know. Realize also "same name" juices will vary greatly in taste from vendor to vendor as they all have diff recipes and order ingredients from diff Suppliers.
    In those days a 30 ml bottle of juice was $22- if I had bought full sized bottles it would've been very costly and frustrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.