So when trying to decide on a new juice flavors, do you just read others and it's luck of the draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Nothing is more subjective than taste.

I just look for some food/candy/beverage flavors I enjoy and look for similar (but I'll pass on the Blue Cheese juice thank you). Also, and this my not matter to you, I take feed back on what it smells like second hand. If I get a few people saying "i don't like the smell on that one" I usually don't re-order. I don't want to trade one stinky habit for another.

One other odd thing I found is that a juice I liked two months ago may not be very appealing now. Taste change I guess.

I've been digging MBV's French Vanilla lately.

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I have read many reviews from others on the forum trying to find a tobacco flavor or maybe something else. Do you just take a chance and purchase a 10 ml or less bottle and hope for the best?

Yes...... we do.

UNLESS you have a local vape shop that will let you test flavors.

If you progress enough, you may find yourself in the DIY section ( do it yourself) and you just read what others have made and enjoy and mix it for yourself......saving money and laughing all the way to the bank.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
It is a crap shoot for sure in the beginning. As a newbie, I like it when vendors offer a sample pack.

It's nice to read all the reviews but when it comes down to it, it's a matter of personal taste. It's like people prefer certain restaurants or food products over others.

One of the things I've been doing now since I've gotten samples from a few vendors is when I spot a poster that likes a particular liquid that I also like, I take note of other liquids he or she may like that I haven't tried when considering ordering something new.

7 out 7, line away don'ts get paid, last come will get you some, Pay behind!!

Did someone say craps shoot? At least in craps, if the point is 6 or 8, you have 5 ways to win and only 6 ways to loose. I like those odds.

Some times buying juice is like betting a hopping hard way, One way to win and 35 ways to loose. Lmao.

The few times I've read a review, and purchase the flavor, it was to sickly sweet, and ruined some good juice trying to fix it. When buying juice, I just ordered what sounded good to me. And had a front line winner more times than not. Found 3 flavor that I loved. After I stepped up to rba's and my juice consumption went up, started DIY juices. So far have created 3 ADV's that I keep in supply. Still have 10 flavor extract's that I haven't played with yet. one of my mixes is so good, that after I gave a sample to a friend, he asked if I could make him some more. lol

Basically I grew tired of hit an miss and decided to join the DIY crowd, and simply love it. Make a 10 ml sample, so if it's not quite what I'm after, I don't make it again, if its to die for, then I write the recipe down and make a large batch. I now have 4 rba tanks, so just rotate the flavor through them. With the extract's I have, I'll just try to find 4 or 5 great mixes and stick with them. Right now I have enough nic, VG & PG to mix up 1200ml of juice, so am set until till spring or summer. lol.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
Like most have already suggested, it's a crap shoot. Sample packs and small quantities are your best friend. You will start to build a list of juices you like. Every time you order those, add one kind of randomly, even if you don't think you will like it. You'll be shocked at some of the juices you will end up liking, especially as your tastes change over time.

I've tried many, but the sites I find to be consistently good are virginvapor and vaporetti. Both have very good customer service. Vaporetti is natural 100% American made juice, and virgin vapor has an excellent line of all organic juices. But your ratio choices are only 50/50 or 100% VG. I personally go with the 100% VG, but that's just my preference. Both sites offer extra flavor shots at no addition cost. From there I just read the reviews. Virgin vapor has sample packs u can pick 3 different kinds for ur sample pack. I found this extremely helpful when trying to find my favorite vape. Personally, I don't like any of the juices that aren't natural or organic because I inevitably get the chemical taste. Hope this helps

I'm lucky, I've got a buddy at work who has 5 months vaping experience under his belt. We go out on our vape-breaks together and he tells me about all the ins and outs of vaping and lets me try some different juices he has already bought, tried and/or is currently vaping. He has saved me a ton of money from the trial and error aspect of trying new juices! He got me hooked on Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice right out of the gate and I live local to VapeRite so I found the VR4 reviews and tried it for myself. So far, VR4 is my hands-down favorite and my go-to or all-day vape.

I have found steeping the most important. I am sure that makes all the difference.

I also like the Halo Juices. Right now I am stuck on the Belgian Cocoa although I haven't noticed many other people saying they care for it. I can say that it has steeped for a couple months and that might make a difference. I still actually wish the flavor was stronger. Otherwise it's great. I have a sampler pack from Halo and got it awhile back when I threw away some money on a G6 cigalike. It was a decent device just wasn't a good match for me. I plan on trying some of the other flavors in the set again soon. As I will be out of the Cocoa soon :(

symphonic18

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Atlanta, GA
After a year of sampling over 60 different juices from over a dozen of the most respected vendors on the market, I was able to find 4 flavors that are a must have for me. I've given up trying new flavors for a while and stick to those 4. While vaping one of them, I'm craving one of the other ones.

Will you let us in on your secret juices? :toast:

Mrskoon1

Sep 20, 2013
Florida
Honesty what I've found most helpful is find a local vendor that sells ecigs and eliquids they have a bar of juices to try with disposable mouth pieces and you can try every flavor they have if you want. If there price is too much you can at least find 1 or 2 flavors you absolutely love and can order them online but remember no 2 companies will have the same flavor. My preference is captain black for the Tobacco flavor and dragon fruit for when I'm tired of captain black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread