So who has tried high voltage vaping with a 401?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I love high voltage mods.. they are the best. as far as 5v 401..I do agree with Pap.. I was using regular juice for a while in the beginning.. but I have found that if you get HV juice that is a lot thicker, you won't experience that burnt metallic taste as much. I consider myself a huffer because I almost all the time take extreme long inhales (tweek) but really, the HV juice combined with 5 to 6 volts on the 401 is intense with the flavors and the heat.. man.

Later,
Tom

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
I know pap said he wasn't using a smoore 401 atty, and I would have to guess Kattdaddy isn't using one either. Because I've got 5 dead atty's that say original smoore 401's don't like 5 volts. Not even one tiny bit. Tried it first with a boost converter at 5v, and it blew 3 atty's as fast as I could change em. Checked the voltage on the 3rd one, before it blew, and it was 5.03v. I swapped out the boost converter for a regulator, and got the same result. Tried it one more time with an old, tired atty, and it lasted 1 full hit. Died on the 2nd one.

It's definitely the smoore atty's because I know I'm not the only one. I lowered the voltage to another atty, down to about 4.7v (after I got my new atty's) and It lasted about 40 minutes. I now have it set to exactly 4.4v, which I was told by nuck, in another thread, is probably the safest, maybe 4.5. After that, I can vouch, they don't last long.

On the plus side, they do rock at 4.4v. But dam, they suck down that tiny cart full of juice awful quick. :)

Last edited:

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
My first one came off of a dead pass through. Then I got more from alt smoke.
DO NOT get the ones nerf is selling. I got some from him, but they don't fit a smoore 401 atty (oem 401 atty). After a few emails back and forth, he gave me some BS about them being oem Joye 401 connectors, but I'm not even sure Joye makes a 401 model. But I am 100% sure that smoore is the manufacturer of the M401.

The ones from altsmoke work fine, even if the silicon insulator is a pain to work with.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
How can you tell a Smoore 401 from another 401 atty? I have branded 401's and a few atty's purchased separately from 2 diff suppliers... they all look the same other than color and all have been working great- (I don't have HV yet, just wondering between Smoore to something else) Between EZ & pap... what is the distinguishing factor?
& thx for the tip on nerf's - I had contacted him about them but still hadn't gotten enough info to get one yet. good thing as I have never seen a Joye 401... just know I don't have one.

Shadowdr

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Nashville Tn.
How can you tell a Smoore 401 from another 401 atty? I have branded 401's and a few atty's purchased separately from 2 diff suppliers... they all look the same other than color and all have been working great- (I don't have HV yet, just wondering between Smoore to something else) Between EZ & pap... what is the distinguishing factor?
& thx for the tip on nerf's - I had contacted him about them but still hadn't gotten enough info to get one yet. good thing as I have never seen a Joye 401... just know I don't have one.
Not sure about all of them but Joye makes a 306 that looks identical to some of the 401's I have got. The Smoore has a ceramic bridge and the Joyes have a metal one. The Joye's also have a wide ring around the bridge that makes them have a much harder draw. Smoores come in a blue plastic pouch while the others (knockoffs?) come in clear plastic ones. I only assume that they are Joye because they look just like their 306.

As far as high voltage, I would think if you go with higher voltage that the Joyes would be better suited because they are not nearly as hot or as good as the smoore's at regular voltage. I use a boxmod with a 14500 battery and the smoore's really shine, while the others are kind of whimpy. The smoore also fits the 510 atty made into a connector while the other does not, it must have a washer on it because the threads go deeper and it will short out if screwed on all the way. If using regular voltage the Smoore's are far superior to the others.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California

I don't think you can tell by looking at it. I've gotten 401 atty's from both Truesmoker, and Litecig, and I remember each one saying they carry oem parts. But I can't remember if it was in an email, or a thread somewhere.
They were all between 2.7 - 2.9 ohms. Now, if we get anyone to check an off brand 401.....

Pap, can you help out here? Check the resistance of one of your off brand 401 atty's? Curious to see if there's a difference.

pap

Sep 12, 2009
I don't think you can tell by looking at it. I've gotten 401 atty's from both Truesmoker, and Litecig, and I remember each one saying they carry oem parts. But I can't remember if it was in an email, or a thread somewhere.
They were all between 2.7 - 2.9 ohms. Now, if we get anyone to check an off brand 401.....

Pap, can you help out here? Check the resistance of one of your off brand 401 atty's? Curious to see if there's a difference.

They are around 3 ohms.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
Thx- This helps anyway- If I get new ones to check for package type...
I don't have anything to check power, resistance, whatever- I swore when I got into this and noticed all the equipment many people have, I would not be going "ga-ga ape" over the novelty. LOL No, I am not insinuating that anyone w/ loads of stuff aren't justified in having so much, just that along w/ lowering my need for nicotine, I plan to save money... I am about even right now- & I still look at the supplier sites! 8-o At any rate, if I ever purchase a used from classifieds or what have you, I will try to look at the bridge differences or how the threading looks. I am not sure I would buy used atty's on their own though. But, thx- at least I know all I have are the Smoore 401's-

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I have planned to use my first failed 401 battry to try out a higher voltage mode, but 7 months in I have not had one fail yet...

The discussion of different manufacturers for the 401 attys is interesting. I originally got some from three or so different vendors, some of which were great and some weak. Unfortunately I no longer know which are which. I finally got some good ones from HG and have not ordered from anyone else since. I thought it was my imagination!

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
i use a 401 atomizer, on a thagbuilt.com chuck mod. built by Mr jeffakamax,according to him mine is the only one in the u.s.a. as he has only built 2 and the other one is in Canada. this monster i'm tell'n ya is bad -to-the-bone!! it uses a 18650 battery at 3.7v and at 2600mha i can get better than 48 hours on one charge!! great for those who don't like to change out batteries often!!but here the kicker(at 3.7 it vapes like a 5v)or you can double stack 2 cr123's(3v each and get 6v total)i have not tried this because i did not want to chance blowing out an atty!!!but i would challange anyone anywhere to have a need to vape anything more than a chuck!! at 3.7v, not only will you have long,long,long battery life,but it will handle the 401 with no problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread