Eastern, PA, USA
image.jpg

Copper, brass, and stainless steel

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yeah i really like this device but i hate hybrid mods where the connection screws onto the topper than into the device. On the flip side I've always wanted a sleeve mod

It's a direct to battery mod.
It's not a hybrid.
It has 510 threads.

That said, the AV Abel is probably the best sleeved mod available right now

Reactions: ccwaters

Amb1valentchaos

Apr 29, 2017
Semantics man the only true hybrid mods that are out right now are the Neptune from beyond vape the rig which is only situationaly a true hybrid mod when you screw a roughneck on it and the ruby mod other than those 3 examples all the other hybrid mods are still hybrid thats the fantastic thung about the English language is that one word can have multiple meanings and still be correct. That being said the abel is a little out of my price range

Amb1valentchaos

Apr 29, 2017
Yes it is situationally hybrid like the rig series of mechs but when you use a different rda which i would be it uses a disc that screws on the 510 of the atty then into the mod which i dont like i prefer my true hybrids to be more like the Neptune from beyond vape or the ruby from kennedy vapors because i feel like. And my hybrids (direct to atty to battery) to be like the smpl or the roundhouse i feel like the less things that need to thread into other things the better the current flow now i feel like SOI have made an amazing switch on this mod just to ruined it by needing that disc to screw an atty on

Reactions: nalo_b

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Semantics man the only true hybrid mods that are out right now are the Neptune from beyond vape the rig which is only situationaly a true hybrid mod when you screw a roughneck on it and the ruby mod other than those 3 examples all the other hybrid mods are still hybrid thats the fantastic thung about the English language is that one word can have multiple meanings and still be correct. That being said the abel is a little out of my price range

It's not semantics its incorrect terminology and it can get a new vaper hurt.

Direct to battery devices were once called "faux hybrids" because they simulated the flush look of a hybrid device.
Today they look (and are built) nothing like hybrids.

Hybrids do not have 510 threads and are inherently safer to use as you cannot use the wrong atomizer, and they have none of the concessions of a direct to battery mod.

Hybrids dont have a topcap.
The atty attaches to the body of the mod.
20170429_151040-1.jpg
The hybrid is on the left.

Amb1valentchaos

Apr 29, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not Appropriate

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
You dont have to show me ir explain to me the difference i know what they are and i already explained my position on the matter

I Honestly couldnt tell from your post if you actually understood what a hybrid was.

Hybrid and direct to battery mods are different animlas.
Like an elephant and an elephant seal.

Not semantics.
Incorrect terminology.

Which is quite dangerous when discussing mechanical mods.
Know your gear.
Vape safe.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Don't quote stuff like this
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread