Status
Not open for further replies.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can the top piece above the head be screwed off so something like a kayfun can be screwed on and mounted flush?

The metal portion above the control head can be unscrewed which would just leave the eGo/510 threading post in the open. There are a few suppliers out there that provide different top-caps (I believe that is what we eVic owners call this piece) to look prettier with different toppers. I just bought one off of eBay from someone who bought it from Joyetech, but the silver is brushed and does not match the polished look of the eVic. It still looks nice with any 22mm+ 510 topper.

Also where can I get a smaller body tube that will fit the 18350 battery?

Joyetech has them on their site, eBay has a bunch of them, and there are a few higher end models scattered throughout these sub forums. I know eVic owners like Siam Mods 18350 tube. I had my eyes on a gorgeous telescopic mod for some time, called the Madcat Sphinx v2. A bit pricey, but would fit a 18350 and looks ridiculously cool. Even if you search google for "eVic 18350", you'll get some good results.

I'll post a few pics of my eVic with the new upgrades once I get my juice stash in and make a new build for my RSST.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

jchamb2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Cleburne, tx
The Kangers and Kayfuns fit fine with the top cap (beauty ring) on there. I use a Kayfun most of the time on mine.

The thing to watch out for with the Evic is screwing the atomizer down too tight. After pressing my center post down too far, I finally got it fixed with the "#60 O ring" fix, and now things are working again. Now I'm careful to just screw my Kayfun until it shows "atomizer detecting" on the screen, then gently unscrew the top cap until it's tight against the bottom of the Kayfun (or Kanger).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread