Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
How do I go about convincing others that their sources and information are incorrect and mine aren't.? Honest question here.

In my experience, you cant. People believe what they want to believe. Unfortunately the anti-vape folks have bigger pockets, exposure, and "perceived" credibility. What average citizen isnt going to believe the US government?

My HR manager and I have long said that studies can be produced to support both sides of the argument. The government will almost always trump anybody else in terms of perception.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
In my experience, you cant. People believe what they want to believe. Unfortunately the anti-vape folks have bigger pockets, exposure, and "perceived" credibility. What average citizen isnt going to believe the US government?

Exactly.... They invoked fear into the average joe with overblown user error stories. Made all kinds of unsupported claims that ecigs are bad for you. Now we have to try to catch up in a race inwhich vaping wasn't even allowed out of the start gate. Its now the real claims that are surfacing that are going to be deemed as false by the masses because like Mike said "People believe what they want to believe" and they were told the false claims first instead of truth. As long as the thousands per day realize that BT, BP, and the government were lying just to keep their bucks flowing into their pockets at all costs. We will prevail in the end and finally put tobacco where it belongs....snuffed out.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The government will almost always trump anybody else in terms of perception.

Isn't that the sad truth.

From my point of view, it seems that even here the general school of thought is to trust the FDA... as long as it's not about E-cigs.

Shrug...

Tapatyped

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Exactly.... They invoked fear into the average joe with overblown user error stories. Made all kinds of unsupported claims that ecigs are bad for you. Now we have to try to catch up in a race inwhich vaping wasn't even allowed out of the start gate. Its now the real claims that are surfacing that are going to be deemed as false by the masses because like Mike said "People believe what they want to believe" and they were told the false claims first instead of truth. As long as the thousands per day realize that BT, BP, and the government were lying just to keep their bucks flowing into their pockets at all costs. We will prevail in the end and finally put tobacco where it belongs....snuffed out.

Yesterday there was a elderly woman who died in an assisted living building here after setting her bed on fire with a cigarette. It was news for maybe 5 minutes. The guy who's loose batteries blew up in his pocket was in the news for days.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Isn't that the sad truth.

From my point of view, it seems that even here the general school of thought is to trust the FDA... as long as it's not about E-cigs.

Shrug...

Tapatyped

Not by me.
Growing your own herbs...like using fresh Oregano tea ect for home remedies...
Making your own soap and lotion...
Supplements...

FDA wants to put a stop to all that

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Not by me.
Growing your own herbs...like using fresh Oregano tea ect for home remedies...
Making your own soap and lotion...
Supplements...

FDA wants to put a stop to all that

Or give your seeds to Monsanto so you can't grow again next year without buying more seeds.

On a semi-related note, touch me not (impatiens capensis) AKA Jewel Weed is fantastic for treating poison ivy and the seeds are edible.

Just rub the plant on the affected area.

Fresh, the seeds are reminiscent of pine nuts without the pine flavor.

Best part. It's indigenous AFAIK.

ETA: Mom was telling me the other day about a cow/milk share and some people she knows.

Said the feds (FDA) came in and destroyed their whole operation. What they couldn't destroy, they took. Left the place in shambles.

All because these people react to pasteurized, homogenized milk.

Tapatyped

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
The government will almost always trump anybody else in terms of perception.
That is historically a truism. But, it is rapidly losing that quality when it's so obvious now that everything coming out of the White House is either doublespeak or outright lies & fabrications. It's true that the President represents only one branch of the US government, but we'd better be on guard to prevent the present POTUS's attempts to delegitimize the system of checks and balances designed to prevent tyranny.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

My HR manager and I have long said that studies can be produced to support both sides of the argument. The government will almost always trump anybody else in terms of perception.
The election of the current President seems to indicate a turning of the tide.

StinkyNoMoar

Feb 24, 2017
Reactions: Eskie

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It's true that the President represents only one branch of the US government, but we'd better be on guard to prevent the present POTUS's attempts to delegitimize the system of checks and balances designed to prevent tyranny.
The "system of checks and balances" became a joke long before Trump was elected.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Anything the FDA can treat, I can treat with herbs and tictures. I don't want to open a completely different can of worms here, but I will buttress this study with my own addition: I've been chain vaping for 5 years, and have yearly spirometry and pulmonary function tests (mostly thanks to chronic allergies and suffering a long standing out of chronic bronchitis partially thanks to my last job) and my lungs are crystal clear. Had an x-ray about 6 months ago and it was clear and my doctor noted that they're the clearest they've ever been over the last 5 years.

Never forget his face when he asked me how I reversed so much inflammation and I told him it was quitting smoking and using electronic cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread