Some People

Status
Not open for further replies.

V9LovesYOU

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Seems like every time I am out somewhere having a conversation with a smoker about vaping, they always have something really intelligent to say.

I was at a friend's concert a few nights ago and ran into a girl I went to high school with with who was smoking a cigarette. As soon as she saw me pull out my e-cig, she said something that almost every single person who is still smoking says. "Yeah, I was thinking about giving electronic cigarettes a try, but I heard about some guy who's e-cig blew up in his face" (I'm sure all have you have heard that one before). I didn't even try to explain what the guy did wrong that caused that to happen. I just said, "yeah, well I heard that over 400,000 people die a year from smoking." Thought that was pretty good comeback. :)

It's sad that a statistic that alarming doesn't seem to resonate in the minds of most smokers. A smoker will use any excuse they can to not quit smoking because they enjoy it so much. And I get that because I really enjoyed it too. It wasn't until I found out there was something out there that I would enjoy even more than smoking, that I was ready to completely quit.

That's all for now.

Happy vaping,

Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread