someone fined for vaping in a no smoking area in NSW

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by chesty, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chesty

chesty Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

2. Maximum Chips

Maximum Chips Full Member

Wow. What bull****.

Key sentence being "The prosecutor said irrespective of whether it was an e-cig the regulations defined the offence as including "any tobacco or any other product intended to be smoked"."

How can an e-cig be considered a "tobacco product or any other product intended to be smoked""? Technically, using an e-cig isn't smoking at all. "Smoking" would at least imply that you were inhaling smoke from something being burned. I suspect the main issue may have been that his e-cig strongly resembled a real cigarette.

3. cihansolakoglu

cihansolakoglu Full Member

what the ****?

4. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Money money money that's all they are looking for ,and we let them do it to us .

5. Vaptor

Vaptor Super Member ECF Veteran

Just the thought of a cop doing power dance on an old man for having a smoke in secluded place is sickening. Allegedly she lied to him and said she gave him warning but later he received a fine. If the cop lied how come there are no charges against her? There are laws.

6. chesty

chesty Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i don't have a citation, but I believe it's legal for police to lie in their duty.
    he should be able to get it over turned though. but a major pain in the .... for him.

7. everyoneelsehas

everyoneelsehas Full Member

What an absolute crock!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.