• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Something I Recently Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I was watching Hal Lindsey the other day and he brought up a point that I never realized before.

Genesis 2:15-17

15 Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

Genesis 3: 2-3

2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’”

Almighty God, Blessed Be His Name, never said anything about touching the tree. Eve got it wrong from git go. Scripture doesn't say whether God told her or Adam. If I were a betting person, I'd say Adam. Talk about selective hearing or non-communication....regardless, Eve added to what God said. I really found this quite interesting and never caught it in my reading. Just wanted to pass this along. :)

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Genesis 3:1 Now the serpert was more cunning then any beast of the field.

"He said to the women " has indeed God said you shall not eat of every tree of the gardern"

The serpert is a master of confusion - Right.

IMO: Eve knew but the serpert used trickry by planting a seed of doubt in Eve's mind. He confused her. Though she was positive which tree it was and he could not fool her on that, since she was in doult on eating what else is left but touching.

The serpert has no power if you think about it, his power comes from us submitting to him.

Resist the devil and he will flee. Sound familiar?

No different then today. The New Testament says guard yourself, put on the whole armor of God.

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Amusing, shouldn't of ben the word I used. More like, interesting.

I know "the bible" has alot of crazy stuff in it, and so do other religious artifacts/scribes/readings. Just never sat and read them all :)

Crazy stuff? You have no idea! You can read Scriptures and scratch your head thinking, "REALLY?":w00t: Then other passages, you'll sniff and wipe your eyes! :cry: If you are interested, start by reading the Book of John, the disciple who Jesus loved. It's the 4th Book in the New Testament. The miracles that Jesus performed while He was on earth will make you go...:ohmy: My favorite Gospel is Matthew. The first chapter goes into the begats.....it's a family tree of Jesus...but, it can be a little boring...:sleep: Look at how many emoticons I used in one paragraph. You looking for wisdom? Read Proverbs...book after Psalms in Old Testament. They are spot on.:thumbs:

Come over here anytime! Read the 6th sticky down and comply. It's easy peasy!:D

Reactions: mightymen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread