sony VTC3 max amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Don't know how to tell if they are authentic. Maybe @Baditude or @Mooch can help with that. I'm pretty sure those are 20A max CDR batteries though. If they are authentic. You really shouldn't buy batteries from eBay. Too many fakes out there. I got mine from Orbtronic and Ilumn. VTC4s are like $5(ish) and are a 30A battery.

thegohst

Jul 29, 2015
viewer.php

viewer.php

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
The Sony VTC3 (if authentic) is a great battery to use. Its got a CDR of 30A though it gets warm quick in the 20-30A range. I dont know all the signs of a fake so even if your pics were working(might just be my browser), I wouldnt tell you with certainty one way or the other. @Baditude and @Mooch would be your best bet there. I can say that provided you purchased from a reputable supplier then you should be fine, but still good to find out for certain.

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Pay attention to how hot they get as you use them. If you find that they get too hot to grab tightly in your hand for several seconds, making a fist, then they are getting too hot and may be fakes. If they just get warm, you're OK. It's hard for us to truly know whether these or fakes or not only looking at yourpictures. You have to be careful and take charge of your safety. :)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'll just add that places like Ebay and Amazon are not the best places to buy genuine brand name or authentic batteries. A lot of disreputable vendors sell fakes or counterfeit batteries from there. The counterfeiters are getting better and better at disguising their rewrapped cells.

Places like RTD Vapor, Illumn, and Orbtronics are reputable dealers who sell authentic brand name batteries and use reputable sources for their supplies.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread