Sony vtc4's from orbtronics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rando Fawkes

Dec 21, 2015
Not sure if this question has been posted before or not as there are 106 pages of topics. So I am gonna be ordering some Sony vtc4's from Orbtronics next week as an early birthday present to myself because I really want a 30amp CDR battery. My only concern is should I be worried about the authenticity of them? I have seen a lot of reviews lately about fake Sonys and am now not so sure if I should order them. I've asked on here before about the validity of orbtronics and most of y'all say they are reputable, which I don't doubt, I just wanna know if i should be worried about these ones in particular before ordering a bunch of them

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Orbtronics has been a VERY Reputable source for batteries. The VTC4's are pretty consistent with being Authentic, its mainly the VTC5's that had a lot of counterfeits while they were hard to find months back. But vendors like Orbtronics tests their batteries to ensure they are authentic.
I would not worry though ordering either(Or ANY other battery) from Orbtronics.
Hope that helps!

RTDVapor
IMRBatteries
Illumn
Liion Wholesale

Are also very reputable vendors.

Also, the VTC4 is not "Exactly" 30A CDR
Sony VTC4 2100mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...a 20A cell that can be used to 30A

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Orbtronics has a very good reputation as a battery supplier. I would trust that their Sony batteries are authentic.

On a side note, the Orbtronics brand batteries are re-wrapped Panasonic NCR batteries, for the most part. Excellent quality batteries if you only need 10 amps continuous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread