Sore Lungs with certain juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonlee2011

May 7, 2015
Ok, so I've been vaping for about two months. I have come to the realization that I don't do well with high PG juices, as they make my digestive system quite upset(saving you details), so I have switched to all max VG juice. I can vape most juices, but there is a particular B&M that when I buy their juice, my longs get really sore and I can hardly vape the next day(their juices), but if I vape a different juice that day I'm just fine and can blow clouds with the best of them. Is there something in their juice that is creating this sensitivity? I'm really bummed out about not being able to vape their juice, because their flavors and customer service are fantastic. Thanks in advance guys

-B

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Might be a diferent grade of nic base they're using. I know the feeling you speak of... it sounds like a reaction to nicotine that I have if the dose is too high. It's actually your bronchial tubes that are contracting due to the nic and aching. Might be that this store uses a different (not neccesarily worse or inferior) source of nicotine that you're more sensitive to or that your body absorbs more readily. If you like their juice, try a lower or zero nic batch to test this.

LobsterGoD

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
I can vape their juice fine for about a day(I vape quite a bit, usually like 5-8 miles a day), but when I wake up the next day it's about impossible to take a decent drag off of. It almost feels to me like their might be ethyl alchohol in their juice, but they swear up and down that there isn't.
trying to draw too hard on a tight airflow can also cause chest soreness

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

TobyT

Jun 15, 2015
usually it is too high nicotine that causes the sore chest. But, I have a friend that went and saw his doctor for the pain and the doc suggested more nicotine and his pain went away. the ethyl alcohol can cause an uncomfortable throat hit for some, but usually not chest pain. Everybody is so different and reactions to different juice can vary so much. If the vg level is high and you don't have really good airflow, that will do it for sure.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
What's your setup? If you're trying to pull straight 100% VG through a mouth to lung atomizer, your lungs might be getting too much of a workout. Try thinning the juice with distilled water since you're PG sensitive. I'm not PG sensitive, per se, but I can't stand the aftertaste, so I use about 1/6 the amount of water that I would PG to thin a juice. For example. Let's say you want to cut 100% VG to a 70% consistency (as thin as it would be with 30% PG). Instead of adding 30% PG to the juice, add 5% distilled water. In a 10ml bottle, that's 0.5 ml. It really goes a long way. A 30ml bottle would need 1.5ml water. It's so little water that you don't need to worry about it thinning the flavor. Just make sure to shake vigorously for about 2 minutes... really get that water in all of the juice. Works like a champ. Use only distilled water, too... tap water might alter the taste. Distilled water is dirt cheap by the gallon at the grocery store and will last you ages.

All of this is assuming it's not the nicotine causing your discomfort, btw.

Reactions: Kahina

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
It's the nicotine level.

The 6mg is simply too much nicotine, especially in the Starre. You should try going back and get another bottle of the same flavor with 0 nicotine and mix the two together. You'll end up with two bottles of 3mg juice and that should work much better for you.

Nicotine will give you a slight peppery type of throat hit. Too much at once can really irritate your throat. It can also make you nic-sick if you take too many puffs in a row. Chucking clouds with the Starre you'll really want minimal nicotine.

Brandonlee2011

May 7, 2015
It's the nicotine level.

The 6mg is simply too much nicotine, especially in the Starre. You should try going back and get another bottle of the same flavor with 0 nicotine and mix the two together. You'll end up with two bottles of 3mg juice and that should work much better for you.

I'll give that a shot when I get back to the shop this week and see if it helps. I hope so, I just bought two 30 mil bottles of their juice and now I can't vape it. :/

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I'll give that a shot when I get back to the shop this week and see if it helps. I hope so, I just bought two 30 mil bottles of their juice and now I can't vape it. :/

That's what it sounds like it is. It's the one thing that is different between what is working well for you and the juice that bothers you.

I really like the Starre. It can produce some HUGE clouds and great flavor, but along with those clouds comes the nicotine. 6mg is really too much for that tank. I think diluting it to 3mg should fix your problems. (And you should try bumping up that Starre to the 50W max of your mod, it will work great there.)

However, I will suggest this.

Before mixing the 6mg and 0mg bottles together, fill the tank about half way with the 0mg juice and see if you have the same problems. If you don't then you know it's the nic. If you do then you know there is something else wrong with their juice. It's unlikely that there is anything wrong with their juice, but it's better to test it with the 0 nic before you commit to mixing the two bottles together. That way if there is something else wrong you can take the bottles back and see if maybe they can help figure out what is going on.

If the 0 nic vapes just fine and you mix the two bottles together to get 3mg juice, and that causes you problems then definitely take the juice back because that would indicate that the nicotine has gone rancid. They should be willing to exchange what you have with freshly mixed 3mg juice. Try that out while you're still in the store because if that also gives you problems then it's their nic base that has gone bad, and they would need to know about that ASAP so they can take steps to replace it.

Brandonlee2011

May 7, 2015
That's what it sounds like it is. It's the one thing that is different between what is working well for you and the juice that bothers you.

I really like the Starre. It can produce some HUGE clouds and great flavor, but along with those clouds comes the nicotine. 6mg is really too much for that tank. I think diluting it to 3mg should fix your problems. (And you should try bumping up that Starre to the 50W max of your mod, it will work great there.)

However, I will suggest this.

Before mixing the 6mg and 0mg bottles together, fill the tank about half way with the 0mg juice and see if you have the same problems. If you don't then you know it's the nic. If you do then you know there is something else wrong with their juice. It's unlikely that there is anything wrong with their juice, but it's better to test it with the 0 nic before you commit to mixing the two bottles together. That way if there is something else wrong you can take the bottles back and see if maybe they can help figure out what is going on.

If the 0 nic vapes just fine and you mix the two bottles together to get 3mg juice, and that causes you problems then definitely take the juice back because that would indicate that the nicotine has gone rancid. They should be willing to exchange what you have with freshly mixed 3mg juice. Try that out while you're still in the store because if that also gives you problems then it's their nic base that has gone bad, and they would need to know about that ASAP so they can take steps to replace it.

I'll give that a shot, I'm going to stop in tomorrow on my way to work and see what they have to say about it. Thanks for the input man, it's greatly appreciated!

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I was going to post about this separately, but this is as good a forum as any. I recently read an article in a local paper about "the evils of the e-cig and vaping" from a vaper-hater, but the info he had was mostly true, and scary. Some .....$$ brewing up bathtub juice in his garage read the ingredients list on a bag of powdered ant poison and discovered that the active ingredient is nicotine. He posted about it somewhere and started a fad. A few of the shops around here (Dallas) were actually dissolving the ant poison in VG and using it for their nic liquid. No reputable juice maker would ever do such a thing, but it caught on with some of the smaller B&M's around here looking to lower production costs. A friend of mine started complaining about his chest hurting when he vaped house juice from his favorite shop and it turned out they were one of the idiots using insecticide. Just an FYI for everybody. Be sure your mom & pop B&M is run by decent human beings. I hope this isn't the problem in your case and I'm sure most juice makers would never dream of poisoning their customers, but it's good to be in the know.

Reactions: scrabble
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread