Sore Throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirteen

May 8, 2011
Ontario
I had a really bad throat ache 2-3 days after quitting smoking and using vapor only. It was very bad in the morning, drank a lot of water and it seemed to go away a bit. It's been roughly 6 - 7 hours since, and my throat seems fine. I've been vaping all day as well. On my second cartridge, and my throat is still fine. I have a feeling I will be paying for this in the morning, but I find it is worth is a lot. Once I am done cigarettes for good I can use these e-cigs for casual times or time of stress. Which all smokers will know stress analogs are the greatest.

lpwaqas

May 9, 2011
Hell
It's hard not too chain vape especially when you're using this wonderful product to try and quit smoking. Been vaping for 3 days, have had 0 cigarettes and I smoke packs daily before this. My throat was KILLING after the first full day of vaping, and today. I just chug chug and chug more water. Which I enjoy doing anyways whether or not I was vaping. I'm going to try this not chain vaping thing, see how it goes. The craving are getting worse though.

Is it bad if I smoke a few analogs while using the vape? It feels like I am cheating myself if I do that. I bought this and spent all the $ to quit smoking, yet I crave it and want to smoke analog. Seeing as chain vaping is killing my throat, analog seems like a good bet, but 3 days without one, I don't want to ruin that streak. :(

Hello,

I have discussed this in my post in details please check http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-vegetable-glycerin-v-s-propylene-glycol.html

Side Effects (per my own experience and talking to friends using VG as E-Liquid).

The most common noted side effect of inhalation of e-liquid containing vegetable glycerin is a dry mouth, sore throat, and increased thirst. These symptoms usually last just a few days to a week as the body gets used to the vegetable glycerin. These symptoms can also be elevated by drinking more water and liquids then usual for the first few weeks of using your e-cigarette.
If you are moving from smoking traditional cigarettes to e-cigarettes, you will find there are many side effects of quitting smoking tobacco products. It is very easy for a new user of an e-cigarette to incorrectly attribute these quitting smoking side effects to the e-cigarette, when in fact they are likely the result of your bodies reaction to quitting smoking tobacco cigarettes. Side effects of quitting smoking include: Bad breath, stomach pain, nausea, constipation, increased appetite, skin breakout's, increased coughing, insomnia, depression, vagueness, irritability, gas, dry throat, nasal drip, dizziness, vertigo. Many of these side effects of quitting smoking will be alleviated by using the e-cigarette.

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Hello,

I have discussed this in my post in details please check http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-vegetable-glycerin-v-s-propylene-glycol.html

Side Effects (per my own experience and talking to friends using VG as E-Liquid).

The most common noted side effect of inhalation of e-liquid containing vegetable glycerin is a dry mouth, sore throat, and increased thirst. These symptoms usually last just a few days to a week as the body gets used to the vegetable glycerin. These symptoms can also be elevated by drinking more water and liquids then usual for the first few weeks of using your e-cigarette.
If you are moving from smoking traditional cigarettes to e-cigarettes, you will find there are many side effects of quitting smoking tobacco products. It is very easy for a new user of an e-cigarette to incorrectly attribute these quitting smoking side effects to the e-cigarette, when in fact they are likely the result of your bodies reaction to quitting smoking tobacco cigarettes. Side effects of quitting smoking include: Bad breath, stomach pain, nausea, constipation, increased appetite, skin breakout's, increased coughing, insomnia, depression, vagueness, irritability, gas, dry throat, nasal drip, dizziness, vertigo. Many of these side effects of quitting smoking will be alleviated by using the e-cigarette.

May I noticed this ,a soft speaking , is incorrect. I've had (and still have some) most of those described symptoms. And I smoke and vape. So my body doesn't react to "quitting smoking tobacco cigarettes". It reacts to some stuff I'm getting trough vaping. I took some brake from vaping and most of the symptoms went away including soar throat, heart burn (I now exactly where is my stomach now:laugh:) and rush.
What's a really worries me I found out that I became addicted to e-cig:confused: and hiding them from myself in the pantry :blink: but sneaking puff or too all the time:vapor:

tornadosiren

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
Pennsylvania
May I noticed this ,a soft speaking , is incorrect. I've had (and still have some) most of those described symptoms. And I smoke and vape. So my body doesn't react to "quitting smoking tobacco cigarettes". It reacts to some stuff I'm getting trough vaping. I took some brake from vaping and most of the symptoms went away including soar throat, heart burn (I now exactly where is my stomach now:laugh:) and rush.
What's a really worries me I found out that I became addicted to e-cig:confused: and hiding them from myself in the pantry :blink: but sneaking puff or too all the time:vapor:
ANYTHING can be mentally addictive. When one switches from Cigs to E-cigs, we are simply trading one addiction for another. I don't think any of us have any illusions about that. I vape zero nic, and have been for 2 months now, so I am no longer addicted to nicotine, but I am addicted to the motion, and the e-cig gives me that. I cannot imagine why you are worried about being addicted to the e-cig, honestly. What else do you have a hard time resisting if its in the house? Chocolate? Cake? Candy?

lpwaqas

May 9, 2011
Hell
Thanks that sounds like my symptoms. been doubling up on the water. Still stay up all night. Quitting the 3-4 pack a day habit aint easy. But its gotten better. am using 50/50 and throat is gettig used to it. I will read the above article u mentioned and learn more. Thanks for all the comments.

I checked on increasing the water my formulation is now 85/vg + 15/Distilled Water and this solved my sore throat issue and thirst has come down too; but the main issue is using pg its really dehydrating substance so I dont recommend using it for the biggners and in my case 11 years two packs a day really tough to quit but I broke down to one Smoke a day; Wife is really Happy about it and I can feel my taste buds coming back and finally I can breath better first I couldn't walk or do anything and got breathless and tired and sweaty after a few steps / push-ups now its getting better :) some of the people are more sensitive I guess and their bodies can't handle the adverse effects of the dehydration and they get chest burns and extra dry mouth but thats rarely the case they should get a toxicology or allergy checkup for vg or pg whatever they are using.

Enjoy Vapping guys Live long, Breath better, join your GYM back, and enjoy long sexual life ;) too LOL thats just another benefit of quitting smoking :) (atleast thats what happening to me).

Mudder

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2010
Canada
When I'm chain vape, I get a sore throat. If the nic level is too high, I get a sore throat. So I try not to chain vape, and I keep my nic level at 10 to 12, and I have no more sore throat.

The best thing I find about vaping is this: you're suppose to drink 8 glasses of water a day, which mostly I never do. I do now, because I find my mouth gets dry, which also leads to a sore throat. Keep yourself well hydrated when you vape.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
25% pg 75% vg 12mg nicotine is mixture I use the all Pg that came pre filled really tore up my throat! and didnt like 100% vg, but the 25/75 mixture gives me a good TH and a good vape with great taste! Got to use tanks or drip the carts give u nasty burnt taste that I think really caused my sore throat they just dont keep the atty wet enough unless they are full! Tanks are the way to go a smooth good tasting vape!

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
some people are allergic to PG one of symptoms is sore throat, but sore throat is normal for like the first week after quiting smoking i just drank more fluids when I fist started vaping about a week and sore throat was gone. I think if u were allergic would have more symptoms then a sore throat. But 100% Vg good help anyone having problems with using PG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread