Sore Throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up1tree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
SoCal, USA
I am so glad I found this thread I thought it was just me. I feel like I have a cold, but not quite. My throat hurts to my ears, but not quite. mainly my taste is affected right now and I am sitting on a stash of eliquid to try. I will try being kind to myself a few days and lay off on all of it till I feel better then go testing because I can't quite taste anything proper right now. I will report back!

mimmerfy

Mar 3, 2011
ohio
Its funny you mentioned taste. When I first started vaping I for some reason had to have a powdered donut so bad. I bought some took a bite and had to spit it out it tasted so bitter and gross! Now it isnt a problem but at first it was so terrible. I am a sugar feind and every thing sweet tasted bitter and nasty. Luckily that past and everything tastes normal again.

Up1tree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
SoCal, USA
Its funny you mentioned taste. When I first started vaping I for some reason had to have a powdered donut so bad. I bought some took a bite and had to spit it out it tasted so bitter and gross! Now it isnt a problem but at first it was so terrible. I am a sugar feind and every thing sweet tasted bitter and nasty. Luckily that past and everything tastes normal again.

Yes bitter or not pleasant tasting and yes I found out though I am headed toward sweet juices menthol is helping. Also I am drinking the water... a lot of water!

Greendogo

Mar 16, 2009
Personally, I experience dry mouth and a film of PG liquid develops on my gums after vaping all day. I'm prone to migraines, so the dry membranes in my nasal cavities scare me, since that area is important to the sinuses and many of my sinuses are sinus related. However, I don't think the dry nasal cavities have ever actually developed into the dreaded headache.

After a while I learned to keep myself well hydrated, like the others in the thread have said. So I carry around a water bottle with me everywhere I go. I have cut down on drinking soda, since I'm rarely thirsty when the opportunity arises. This leads me to believe that vaping is forcing more healthy lifestyle choices on me than just cutting out combustion cigarettes. I've never drank as much water as I do now, and I actually feel a lot better as a direct result of that.

The film that develops on my teeth and gums, however, bothers me because I believe it will have some detrimental effect on dental health. I'm waiting for more studies on vaping to determine the non-lung-cancer related effects it has, like does it eliminate the risk of gingivitis caused by smoking analogs but increase chances for cavities and dry mouth related problems?

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
I found it hard to get used to vaping after I smoked hand rolled cigarettes which tend to be harsher than normal analogues. Vaping hurt my throat and it was hard to sleep because of that. I'd say about two weeks of vaping pg, it stopped being so bad. Instead of directly inhaling I now take the vapour into my mouth like a cigar and inhale it all at once. It seems to help. I can directly inhale vg like a real cigarette but can't with pg because it's just too harsh for me. I drink a lot of water too, always have and it didn't help the initial throat irritation when I first started. The right juice, the right inhalation method, the right amounts...took me a bit to get used to but got there in the end. Hope it works out for you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread